PDA

View Full Version : A once-in-a-lifetime trip with 4WD Action (or so they claim)

Hunno
12-01-10, 05:57 PM
Just Reading through 4WD Action Forum and found this offer from Brendon(came on the Pre Christmas Newns Run).
Would love the opp. but along way from the critera he is looking for, but I know some of you fit it. Plus Free Fuel & Food. I wish, I wish, Iwish.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=1056934#post1056934
Come on a once-in-a-lifetime trip with 4WD Action. Details in here!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You lot love to go 4WDing, right? Of course you do! But how much do you REALLY love to get down and dirty? If you live for the weekend and the next bog hole or low-range hill, then I've got the offer of a lifetime for you.

I want to keep it mostly hush-hush for obvious reasons, but here's the deal. If you've got a nicely modified 4WD and can spare about a week mid-April then we're looking for the right person to come along on a trip out into the bush with us. Only this won't be any normal trip - we're talking days of winching, snatching, lifting wheels up steep tracks and generally having the time of your 4WD life!

Not everyone will understand the appeal, fair enough. But those who are right now grinning at the prospect of getting filthy deep in mud are the kind of people we're looking for!

You'll need to get yourself to and from the NSW Mid-North Coast (location to be revealed later), and we'll supply food and fuel for the week that you're there. You'll be allowed one passenger and you'll need to sort out your own camping gear as we'll be camping each night.

We're not looking to go out and deliberately bend panels or break parts, but these are going to be tough tracks -- we're talking a minimum of at least one diff lock, plus at least 4in-over-standard-diameter muddies and the suspension to run them properly. We'd also strongly suggest you carry a decent toolkit and spare parts for those 'just in case' moments.

So how do you score yourself a spot on the trip? If you can satisfy all the above criteria (stringent I know, but we'd rather be upfront about it now) then post up a pic of your vehicle and some details. We're looking for one Jeep to fill the spot, and we'll also be looking for Toyotas, Nissans, Suzukis and Land Rovers to get along too - so you'll be representing your marque for the whole of Australia! We'll select the entrants by noon on February 1 which will then give you about 10 weeks to get your vehicle ready and organise time off work.

Brendan Seymour
Assistant Editor
Australian 4WD Action

TRBN8R
12-01-10, 06:19 PM
Wooowww wish I had the money to mod my jeep in that short period. But any way there are a lot of great Jeeps here Aaron, Casey, Steve F, Wolfey, to name a few. and yes What about Ian with his Flat Fender. Hey guy take up the challenge and make the Jeepers proud.

Cpage66
12-01-10, 10:48 PM
We do that trip every year at Camp Coffs...no biggie...

casey
12-01-10, 11:49 PM
hey Mani, as Chris said - you should try out Camp Coffs.

It is hands down the best 4wding you'll ever experience - and you wont need to go crazy with mods and spares to do it. we did C grade tracks completely stock in our first year there.

last year with all the mods on we did our first A grade track and it was AWESOME.

with your skills, 2" lift and mud tyres, you'll be able to do B grade tracks easy, even try an A grade if you wanted. there were a few battlers on our A grade trip with AT's and no lift and they got through most of it (except this one REALLY sticky muddy hill).

Wooowww wish I had the money to mod my jeep in that short period. But any way there are a lot of great Jeeps here Aaron, Casey, Steve F, Wolfey, to name a few. and yes What about Ian with his Flat Fender. Hey guy take up the challenge and make the Jeepers proud.

TRBN8R
13-01-10, 11:18 AM
Hi Casey
This year I am going to Bylong with Bear. But I will most definitely try to make it to camp coffs next year. I wouldnt be able to do much at camp coffs as my car is not much modded except for a lift and disconnectors on the front sway bar. By next Easter I plan to have 33inch muddies, a snorkel and a rear locker on the Jeep and then i will have some fun at Camp Coffs.
About this trip with the mag it gives a national coverage to the jeeps and the club thats why i loved it so much.

Cheers
Mani

Steve F
13-01-10, 12:16 PM
For those that haven't wheeled in the Coffs area it really is as good as Casey says :) Camp Coffs last year was a bit wet so the tracks were cut short and the whole experience was not as good as previous years but when the weather is good it is amazing up there. And don't be put off by having a stocker, plenty of challenges for stock and heavily modded. Maybe next year we can have a bigger group go up as it is THE jeep event for the year and a great opportunity to show the other jeep clubs what we do and get some more exposure in Jeep Action.

Cheers
Steve