PDA

View Full Version : atm/eftpos machines

marcus
18-01-10, 04:56 PM
hi all just wanted to make everyone aware to be extra vigilent as there is alot of skimming going on via atm/eftpos machines
we have had our entire account cleaned out on sunday
we have been told that info onthe transactions will be avail to us on tuesday and we can expect to wait approx 8 weeks for money to be returned by the bank :(
so please take extra care out there

reyzor
19-01-10, 09:38 AM
wow....sorry to hear mate,

Heidi
19-01-10, 12:58 PM
sorry to hear. That is the 3rd person we know now with the same thing happen in the last week

TK421
20-01-10, 02:17 AM
It only affects those who have a PIN instead of having to sign. If you are using a PIN to do your transactions you are at risk. Change to "sign only" and you will be safe. Sorry to hear you have been robbed.
TK

reyzor
20-01-10, 10:10 AM
i thought they were even able to clear our savings accounts, the skimming device stores the cards information and usually they had a small camera to get your PIN number... if its reads the cards info and you have a signiture on your account then they can still use your information.....

sbadman
20-01-10, 10:46 AM
I changed my PIN yesterday, Kay's bank actually blocked her accounts without warning! Thankfully neither of us were compromised, probably helps that because of Jeep ownership there's rarely a great deal of money in our accounts :D

Hunno
20-01-10, 11:13 AM
I changed my PIN yesterday, Kay's bank actually blocked her accounts without warning! Thankfully neither of us were compromised, probably helps that because of Jeep ownership there's rarely a great deal of money in our accounts :D

Then add kids(Double it for per Teenager).

Cpage66
20-01-10, 05:30 PM
My wife has had three co- workers wiped out in the last week or so. Their information was skimmed from fast food places and their Eftpos machines...