PDA

View Full Version : Flatfender Update

Flatfender
24-01-10, 09:41 PM
Hi Guys - In case you were wondering where the green beast had got to since it took a nap on it's side at the top of a hill at Peats Ridge.... The ECU has been playing up to the extent that it was almost undriveable. It was found to be faulty so I sent it back to Microtech for repair. Now I have it back and fitted again but cannot get it set correctly for smooth operation. Still trying to get it mapped correctly with a local technician but it seems to be two steps forward and three steps back.

Desparate to get it going again as I have been missing out on all these recent trips. It would help if I wasn't rushing about all over Australia for work but, think positively - by next weekend.......
Cheers
Ian W.

sbadman
25-01-10, 02:37 PM
A Willys with a computer, they never would have allowed that in the war! :)

Good luck with it!

Flatfender
25-01-10, 02:54 PM
Thanks Scott - I knew I was asking for trouble when I fitted fuel injection and electronic ignition, but at least it stopped the problem of the carby flooding just as you were bouncing up some rocks at a 45* angle. the next problem after the ECU is correctly mapped is to figure out why I still have overheating. Then after that.....it goes on and on.
Cheers
Ian W.