PDA

View Full Version : JK Air filter Mudding up: Please check urs

TRBN8R
30-01-10, 12:41 PM
Hi Fellow Jeepers

I was working my JK yesterday and had a look at the air filter. The Air filter is only 16 days old and has done only one wheeling trip. I was shocked to see about 40% of the surface coated in mud. I got so scared that ordered the AEV snorkel straight away. Please check urs if u r not running a snorkel. I beleive there is a design flaw in the air intake design.

Cheers
Mani

sbadman
30-01-10, 01:34 PM
From what we've heard of that one trip I'm not surprised! :D

SteveC
30-01-10, 03:13 PM
Absolutely right. I have the WG and there is no snorkel available as yet.. The day before I went on this trip I replaced my K&N with a paper filter (to see if economy changed dramatically). On inspection I also noticed the paper filter brown from mud and the bottom of teh air box needed cleaning out too.
Back to K&N for me

Hunno
30-01-10, 03:26 PM
Now your guys have guilted me into checking the airbox.

stevet
30-01-10, 03:48 PM
Got 2 ZJ new air filters at home ;D......... always carried a spare if any mud involved, but a snorkle sorted that out ::) :).....

Dave
31-01-10, 10:55 AM
Okay, I know, I have a KJ not a JK, but the air intake is also next to the drivers side headlight.

After Zig Zag Trip last November, with deepish mud holes, I had an inch of sludge in the bottom of the (fortunately huge) airbox.

Now I have a very clean airbox, and an Airflow Snorkel!

Dave.