PDA

View Full Version : BEN's (MOP44R) JK

MOP44R
08-02-10, 01:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Here is my truck, love the Jeep first one and wouldnt go to another make if you paid me now.

2008 JK Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited CRD
17” Mickey Thompson Classic II with 35” MT MTZ (Will be going claws with Stuans soon)
OME 2” lift (Will be going 4” Long Arm kit very soon)
Superior 4.56 diff gears
ARB Diff guards
ARB Front winch bar with Warn 9500Ti Winch with plasma rope
ARB Rock rails
ARB Rear Bar with Jeep tow bar
ARB Rear Air Locker
ARB Compressor with tyre inflator
Safari Snorkel
Bushwacker Flares
Longranger 68L Aux tank
Lightforce HID Spotties
HID Headlights
GME UHF + Aerial

MOP44R
26-02-10, 03:53 PM
Hey Guys,

Just found out my truck will be on the cover of 4WD Action #148 in late April, so keep a look out

Cheers

Ben

Maggie
26-02-10, 05:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Just found out my truck will be on the cover of 4WD Action #148 in late April, so keep a look out

Cheers

Ben

I hope your SJC sticker is visible in the pics.

Maggie

MOP44R
28-02-10, 12:12 AM
Hi Maggie,

Sort of, the side my sticker is on was the same side I damaged a bushwacker flare on the Watagans trip so not many shots were taken from that side, but anyone that knows the sticker will see it clearly.

Cheers

Ben

MOP44R
29-06-10, 05:05 PM
Finally finished our camper trailer before I went away, christened it the long weekend up at Lithgow/My Walker and had a blast even though it was a long drive home that night but we started building the trailer back in September so 9 months later on a project meant to take 3 weeks it was a pleasant day to know we were finished.

Basically the same height as my truck, 31” A/T Tyres, Silver hammer tone all over, 120L water on board, Kitchen set up, King size bed, main tent is a great size but can add another 5 rooms making the tent 38 Foot long, gas hot water, 3 jerry can holder, 2 gas bottle holders, everything is lockable and dust proof, Fridge slide for 80L Waceco Fridge/Freezer… I sure Im missing some things but basically has everything we want and more.

Thought we were going in the chicken track way but the loggers have been in a cleared a hell of a lot and lost our bearings ending up taking it up the huge hill that takes you to the huge power lines, very hairy but the Jeep (with the aid of lockers) pulled it no problem. :cool:

Now its just time to use it..!;D

MOP44R
03-11-11, 05:43 PM
So thanks to winning $38,415 on Tuesday's Melbourne Cup ($20 first four, $20 Trifecta, $50 second place, $50 Third place) I just ordered my new suspension kit from the States FINALLY.

Ive been all over the place with what to get and what not to get but finally decided to go for a Clayton Off Road 4.5" lift kit, with long arm front, remote reservoir, 1310 Tom Woods Drive Shafts and now looking at getting ORO air operated sway bar disco's like Miraz's..

CANT WAIT

Means I will have a 2" ARB suspension lift for sale and a few other bits and pieces soon too if anyone is interested.

8 weeks is a LONG TIME though - Come on slow boat from USA

Hunty
03-11-11, 06:39 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaate
Thats awesome - congrats!. 8 weeks will feel like 8 lifetimes! D'oh
Your Jeep will be sweet with all the new kit!
cheers Hunty

stevet
04-11-11, 08:37 PM
So thanks to winning $38,415 on Tuesday's Melbourne Cup ($20 first four, $20 Trifecta, $50 second place, $50 Third place) I just ordered my new suspension kit from the States FINALLY.

Ive been all over the place with what to get and what not to get but finally decided to go for a Clayton Off Road 4.5" lift kit, with long arm front, remote reservoir, 1310 Tom Woods Drive Shafts and now looking at getting ORO air operated sway bar disco's like Miraz's..

CANT WAIT

Means I will have a 2" ARB suspension lift for sale and a few other bits and pieces soon too if anyone is interested.

8 weeks is a LONG TIME though - Come on slow boat from USA
Well done.......Who said them "Jeep" fairies are not out there??........Lol............

MOP44R
12-12-11, 06:14 PM
So the modification GODS really arent with me... Ive been wanting this bigger lift now for ages.

Now the issue is Ive just moved back in the city and the carpark is the issue, my truck JUST FITS (and I mean JUST) now so there is no way for a 4.5" lift anymore.
Good part is the boys at Clayton are the best blokes around and have refunded me my cash so I cant recommend them enough if your after an unreal lift.

15 month lease, only option is to look at renting a car space so maybe one day soon Ill get this fraken kit... ;)

Miraz
12-12-11, 07:06 PM
I'm still under 2 meters with the 37" tyres..... :-)

reyzor
13-12-11, 09:34 AM
im jsut on 2m with 37's.........

MOP44R
13-12-11, 05:12 PM
I took the roof off the other day and went for a drive and there is one part in the carpark that misses ohhhhhhhhh so much... so knowing my luck Id get it, put it on and then HAVE to get another spot.

So for now will rethink

MOP44R
24-01-12, 10:47 AM
Bit of an update and a massive change, Im selling my Jeep…. Don’t worry Im buying another one before Jambo but I need to sell mine and will advertise in carsales, ebay, here and other forums too…. Why??

Ive always wanted a BIG Jeep (I found a spot to park this one ;) ), with BIG power and work has been going really well (why you haven’t seen me in a while) so Im buying a 2012 Jeep Rubicon 4 door in black, hoping for leather interior, sat nav from Jeep, hard top, tint, etc… but Im talking with Quadratec and Clayton offroad and a few others and should have by June

From Clayton…
4.5” Long arm (front), Short arm kit (rear) kit
Bilsten remote reservoir shocks
Bilsten steering stabilizer
1350 Tom woods drive shafts

From Quadratec…
Dynatrac Pro rock 60 front and rear axles with ARB air lockers 4.88 diff gears
ORO air release sway bar
Teraflax from and rear speed bumps
Mickey Thompson 17X9 Black classic II rims
Teraflex front winch bar
Rockside Engineering rear tyre carrier bar and rock sliders
Bushwacker Flares
Warn 9.5Ti Winch with plasma rope
AEV heat reduction bonnet
AEV Snorkel (need to modify the flares but Ill sort it)
Poison Spyder JK Light bar
50” Rigid LED Light bar
Truklite LED lights, parkers and tail lights
Truklite LED work and under car lights
Rancho Bar doors
Smittybuilt netting
AEV Hemi pack

From American Hemi Speed Centre
SRT-8 6.1L Hemi

From Double Back offroad…
Front and rear trackbars and brackets
Steering correction kit

From ARB...
Longranger Long range tank - needed with V8 I think, might be some custom work needed but we'll see
ARB Recovery kit

Then will need custom exhaust and custom air box for snorkel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 37” tyres and Im sure Im missing something but...

Ive spoken to everyone except Double back offroad, getting engine here first and then the rest… have to wait 6 weeks for new Jeep so will be a lengthy process but the end result is my ultimate Jeep Ill probably have for ever… Will keep you guys informed with pics along the way

& if you know someone who wants my current one, let me know

Steve F
24-01-12, 11:03 AM
Looks like an awesome build :) Cant wait to see this up and running at Jambo.

Cheers
Steve

reyzor
24-01-12, 11:30 AM
can i ask why the bushwhakers? why the short arms in the rear? and why the rubicon in general? apart from the transfer case.... youre changing the diffs, the swaybar etc...... so all that will set it apart will be the TC? unless im missing somthing?
would beadlocked wheels not be a better option?

again im just asking, i hope you dont take offence to my questions.......

seems like a sweet build, who is doing the work for you?

MOP44R
24-01-12, 03:22 PM
can i ask why the bushwhakers? why the short arms in the rear? and why the rubicon in general? apart from the transfer case.... youre changing the diffs, the swaybar etc...... so all that will set it apart will be the TC? unless im missing somthing?
would beadlocked wheels not be a better option?

again im just asking, i hope you dont take offence to my questions.......

seems like a sweet build, who is doing the work for you?

I think the bushwackers look tough and love them on mine now.

www.claytonoffroad.com have the short/long arm kit and everything I have heard and seen they are brilliant kits from there and on road are still really good.

Ill sell everything I take off the Rubicon, but why not... the transfer case is unreal and there are a few little things you also get with the Rubicon over the Sport

Ive research this build for 2 years now and was originally going to do it to mine but thought a Jeep with 0Km would be better... Ill do a lot myself engine wise I have a mate that build racing engines and has an unreal workshop so he'll help there and another mate right in to suspension so he'll help there... Should save a bit doing most of it ourselves.

reyzor
24-01-12, 04:04 PM
ah fair enough...... i would have though with differnt style flares, such as dbor, or xenons you can get away with less wift for the tires....but its personal choice at the end of the day.... i dont think you will have any issues seeling your take offs...... also any reason youve gone with 4.88's over 5.13?

MOP44R
26-01-12, 06:06 PM
I was talking to Greg (Skizzi) a while ago and he has 37's and thinks 4.88 are to tall and said he would of gathered 4.56, the dynatrax axles are tough and after lots of research the 4.88 with the Hemi seems the way to go

SKIZZI
26-01-12, 08:50 PM
Yea had 4.88s on 35s at one stage. Switched to 4.56s... And then went 37s... Perfect!

I'm talking about diesel models though.

With 4.88s I found it too revvy and it would rev straight through its power band without creating enough load to get good "pull". It's a turbo thing!

reyzor
26-01-12, 09:54 PM
Ahhh sorry I thought you had petrols.

reyzor
26-01-12, 11:14 PM
Hang on.... The new rubi will be petrol......

Miraz
27-01-12, 09:08 AM
Hang on.... The new rubi will be petrol......

Will have a different transmission too with a different overdrive ratio...

MOP44R
27-01-12, 06:27 PM
I did just realise I read the reports I saw wrong, most seem to continue with a 4.56 diff with the Hemi...

Seems a lot buy them from Quadratec in the States so Ill ask them as well, worst case Ill try the 4.56 and change the gears after if needed.

MOP44R
23-05-12, 08:05 PM
MOP44R Diesel Jeep Sold - MOP44R Hemi Jeep coming ;)

Bloke brought it from WA so won't even see it anymore