PDA

View Full Version : Trip Reports for The Wave

Jeepa
03-09-04, 09:37 AM
As the new editor I want to get as many of these as possible to run in the club mag.

If anyone has one they'd like published please email word doc and pics to jeepn@ihug.com.au.

They will also be reproduced for the portal.

Thanx,

Brad

chrispy
03-09-04, 12:14 PM
Yeah Brad!

I'll be creating a new area off the front page to Trip Reports as searcheable "articles". This way, anyone can just hit the search button and find what they're after.

This'll be better than the forum for this purpose. Comments can still be added too.....

BenC
03-09-04, 12:26 PM
Do you want one for last month's Berridale trip that didn't appear in this month's mag?

chrispy
03-09-04, 12:28 PM
Do you want one for last month's Berridale trip that didn't appear in this month's mag?

Great Ben! Could you PM the text to myself and Brad (Jeepa) and I'll experiment with making it into an article.

Cheers
Chris

BenC
03-09-04, 01:42 PM
Rightio, I'll work on putting one together over the weekend.

chrispy
03-09-04, 01:43 PM
Thanks Ben! :)

Jeepa
03-09-04, 03:18 PM
Chris,

I'll do it up in notepad and email it over to you.

The idea I have is to run the article in the mag and then a week after distribution to members upload them for the site.

Feel free to grab some of the pages from my site for the portal if you want some to work on straight away.

Here's one http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~epicevents/features/ntbc.html

I'll have to email the piccies as they are not online.

Or I can email the files to you. Their wqritten in frontpage though.

I can send as text files though.

BenC
05-09-04, 05:58 PM
OK I've got the Berridale trip report and accompanying pics ready. Where would you like me to email it to?

chrispy
05-09-04, 06:17 PM
Good one Ben! :)

Just email it to me at jeep@digitalads.com.au and Brad at his addy (you may need to PM him for it).

I'll experiment with it here and then we can put trips up on the site the month after they appear in the Wave.

Cheers
Chris

BenC
05-09-04, 06:58 PM
Hmm having problems with email (PC is getting a reload this week). I've uploaded it here, with the pics.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~benjc/SJC/

Jeepa
06-09-04, 12:38 PM
Thanx,

I have downloaded and made a few small editorial changes.

Will email back to you so you can see what I did, only a few in there.

Jeepa
06-09-04, 02:18 PM
Ben, what's your email addy so I can send you the edited version of the trip report.

Chris, I'll do up a page tonight and upload it to my personal site so you can grab it from there when you're ready,

Cheers,

Brad

BenC
06-09-04, 03:36 PM
benjc@iinet.net.au

BenC
10-09-04, 11:18 AM
Still haven't received it. But you probably don't need to show it to me before sticking it in the mag Brad, you can make whatever changes you like :)

Jeepa
10-09-04, 11:55 AM
Have had troubles with the mail at home as well and have not been near it for the last few nights.

I'll print out a copy and bring it with me tommorow.

It's only subtle changes that you may not even pick up on.