PDA

View Full Version : SJC Trip #5 to Bylong

Bear
22-02-10, 08:54 PM
This trip will be 02===05/04/2010 Easter long w/end and is limited to financial members of SJC

Campers are advised they need to be self sufficient with food and drinking water for the duration.

Tracks vary from C grade to B/A grade. Although the more difficult tracks still require some work (remove fallen trees,clear away shrubbery) to make them drivable.

Nominations for this trip are now open. When you post up please "pm" me the following info:=

1)Daytime name
2)Type of Jeep
3)Rego number
4)Number of persons in your vehicle
5)Day of proposed travel, Thurs.01/04, or Frid 02/04

Convoy #1 will meet at Richmond Maccas 08.00am Thursday on the road 08.30am
Convoy #2 will meet at Richmond Maccas 08.00am Friday on the road 08.30am

If any one requires more info ring me 0412 397 264

Nominations will close 22/03/2010

sbadman
22-02-10, 09:10 PM
We're in for the Friday convoy

TRBN8R
22-02-10, 09:59 PM
Hi Bear

Please include my name in the thursday convoy. I am going to send u a detailed PM.

Cheers
mani

Bear
23-02-10, 07:14 PM
Warning Be advised to put "fly mesh" or something similar across your radiator grille to prevent cat tail grass seed heads being sucked into your radiator and causing over heating problems.

stevet
23-02-10, 09:50 PM
Put my name down Bear. Probably a Saturday arrival at this time........
Stephen T.

Dave
27-02-10, 01:00 AM
Hi Bear,

Sorry, didn't notice the new thread. At this point still intending to head up on Friday. Will try to hook up with Eddy, as far as I know he still intends to come as well. Will send PM as requested, although I am going to have to get Eddy's details off him.

Dave

Bear
05-03-10, 10:29 AM
List of starters

Convoy#1 Thur 01/04

Maggie H
Mani S

Convoy #2 Friday 02/04

Scott B
Dave G
Eddy G

Convoy #3 Sat 03/04

Steve T

Suggest each convoy meet at Maccas Richmond 08:00am on the road by
08:30am on their respective day. This way we will be able to anticipate your
arrival and arrange to have the gate unlocked.

Bear
14-03-10, 10:42 AM
Spoke to the land owner this morning, and he advises that there is now water in the creeks, so this could involve water crossings to get onto the property.

Please note there is one (1) week left if you wish to nominate for this trip, before I close off the nominations and forward the list of starters to the land owner.

Nominations close 22/03/10.

Bear

Bruce Kerney
14-03-10, 12:19 PM
No troubles on creek crossing getting access to block. But there is water starting to run down "Stockyard Creek" , the one behind camp site from up high in National Park, it goes into sand then comes up near the "Obstacle Track" so the old water hole short track there is flowing, as is the infamous "Jeep Bog" at the well when two Jeeps have been caught out in the past.
No water unfortunately in the main Bylong Creek Creek bed above stock yards. Am hoping the "River Road" from front gate to the Well will have water for the much more modified vehicles if any come.

Bear
22-03-10, 08:55 AM
Do we have anymore starters for this trip?

I will be closing the list tonight and forwarding it to the land owner.

Bear
22-03-10, 11:12 AM
Spoke to the land owner this morning and he advises "Put fly mesh over your radiator grille to keep grass seed head out of your radiator"

Apparently there were two(2) unprotected vehicles on the property over the w/end and both ended up with blocked radiators.

Bear
23-03-10, 09:19 AM
Nominations for this trip has now closed, and the list will be forwarded to the land owner.

List of starters as at 23/03/2010, and travel dates.

Convoy#1 Thur 01/04

Maggie H
Mani S OUT

Convoy #2 Friday 2/4
Scott B
Dave G
Eddy G

Convoy #3 Sat 03/04
Steve T

Suggest each convoy meet at Maccas Richmond 08:00am on the road by
08:30am on their respective day. This way we will be able to anticipate your
arrival and arrange to have the gate unlocked.

Bear
30-03-10, 01:13 PM
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Due to late cancellations there are several places open on this trip.
If you are interested post up ASAP so that the land owner can be advised.

stevet
30-03-10, 04:20 PM
Could be a Friday convoy person.... if Jeep organised in time....... Will post up Thursday.............. Stephen T.

stevet
01-04-10, 11:45 PM
Now a Friday convoy person. See you guy's at Richmond Macca's........... James Mac. not attending now.........
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Dave
01-04-10, 11:50 PM
See you for brekky Steve, then we'll see how that TJ goes up hills!

Dave

Bruce Kerney
05-04-10, 01:11 PM
Oh this is going to be a very interesting trip report. Just can't wait to see how it's going to be described and what Rating it gets, certainly no longer G, PG or even M...... La La Larry has a lot to answer for....................................
Just a quick thanks to Eddy and the boys, Dave , Steve and "Thats not a log ...this is a log" Scott and Kay, Bear and Miss Bunny, love the ears Maggie. Hope you guys got to drive "Steptoes" after I left or have a go in the playground and try the big mound now that it can be driven finally.
And Kay how did my $5 each way on Larry in the third race around the table go .........
Great trip but you all will have a lot of explaining to do next meeting guys
Nulla

Dave
06-04-10, 12:15 AM
Thanks to all for a great weekend, especially to Maggie and Bear for taking all the home comforts and organising everything!

For any that haven't been there, Bylong is a great weekend away! A great campsite for any from singles to families with kids and pets (the minature horses are fun) - and plenty of room! Some very good driving with challenges for all vehicles and drivers, just watch the car wash, or just a great place to relax in the country surrounded by beautiful scenery!

And when you go up on a club trip, great company too! Mind you, from the last post you can tell the conversation can get pretty interesting, and the landowner is going to have great fun pointing out the new "Min Min". Yep, ol LD Larry will have a lot to answer for. Wooba wooba.

If you can, go check it out!

Dave

Bear
06-04-10, 07:09 PM
Maggie and Bear are home arrived at 3:00 pm after nursing Steve T home with an unhappy TJ a result of the O2 sensor dying.

We were the last to leave having opted to come home Tues inorder to avoid the traffic on Monday afternoon.
Beautiful weather all w/end until we had started to pack up this morning, then the heavens opened. It made the trip off the property very interesting to say the least. Espescially on road pressures on now very greasey tracks.

Bear

snoik
06-04-10, 08:20 PM
The Bylong location is a lot of fun with some challenging tracks, especially the water one where I got stuck and had to be winched out, I enjoyed meeting the club members that were there and am looking forward to the next trip and meeting up with them again.

Maggie
06-04-10, 09:48 PM
The Bylong location is a lot of fun with some challenging tracks, especially the water one where I got stuck and had to be winched out, I enjoyed meeting the club members that were there and am looking forward to the next trip and meeting up with them again.

Andrew has brought Hype's TJ back to the Club. some one was down at the drowning taking pictures so will try to find out who it was and post up.

Maggie.

sbadman
06-04-10, 09:54 PM
Andrew has brought Hype's TJ back to the Club. some one was down at the drowning taking pictures so will try to find out who it was and post up.

Maggie.

I got a shot from the passenger seat of the winch vehicle aka Steve's TJ, however Dave was in prime location to get some good shots!

snoik
06-04-10, 10:06 PM
I was hoping to get some photo's of my TJ in action, should have taken some shots of all the water running out once the drain plugs were removed

stevet
06-04-10, 11:45 PM
Gurrrrrrrrr, spent 1/2 an hour typing a speal so to speak, went to post up but got timed out and lost the lot, BIG GURRRRRRRRRRR. Will try again tomorrow, little gurrrrr................Stephen T.

Hunty
07-04-10, 02:31 AM
Ditto
Don't feel too special! - LoL - I have also had this happen several times, now before I post I copy and paste into another document , just in case! - can't we get the time out time extended???????
cheers Hunty

Dave
08-04-10, 01:03 PM
Andrew, I got lots of pix and some video. Have put it all on disk and given a copy to Scott for the mag etc, and one to "the landowner" who will hand on to you. Hope that works out!

Dave

snoik
08-04-10, 10:10 PM
Dave, excellent,thanks a lot, hope you got some good shots

Andrew

stevet
11-04-10, 05:55 PM
Hi all,
not a trip report as such but more a comment on the grading of the tracks on Bruces Bylong propertery.
Entry tracks to camp site --- Accessible to all vehicles with trailer access, but the track does get interesting with a good downpour but with care no real issues.
Individual tracks vary from "C" grade to "A" grade at a couple of sections which are being further developed by Bruce. Most tracks can be handled by standard type vehicles duely prepared of course before hand.
Individual obstacles "Jeep traps" vary on difficulty but are being modified as each one was overcome by the folks there for the weekend. Water course/obstacles are fun or there is the option of a harder route there as Andrew can attest too. Bruce is willing to allow folks to develope other possible tracks or rock crawling areas if seen with naming rights given to the first driver of that section or obstacle...... Stephen T.