PDA

View Full Version : Getting 300lires of Mud out of my Jk - Hunty

Hunty
28-02-10, 09:29 PM
Hmmm - where to begin ? - I had a great time on the Lake Lyel run with Steve and the gang - got some great video for use in the club promo Video / DVD - However I'm still cleaning mud out of everything LoL - I even had to clean mud out of my wallet (and it was in my jeans back pocket) at the time of my Humungously stupid decision to follow steve into a big muddy bog hole with only my bar doors to shield me- LoL - I watched him enter the mud bog - nice! just up to his rear bumper - will I follow I thought, YES, then Steve got bogged and stopped - so then I thought NO!!! - but then steve got it going so I thought again, YES!!! it doesn't look to deep so off I went - then I saw Steve sink down about another 6 - 9 inches but I was committed so I hit my crazynuts switch and pressed harder on the loud pedal and watched as the mud just kept getting higher and higher -as you can see from the pics almost up to the front cup holders (totally filled the rear cup holders) pressing the accelerator totally submerged in mud was ummmmmm different - both I and the Mrs had a great day! not too sure if my Navigina (she who tells me where to go - LoL) will trust me again to charge through the mud - I suspect she will insist on my taking the chicken track in future (well at least when the doors are off LoL)

Good news - if anyone else is stupid enough to fill their JK with mud.
1. the carpets all come out very easily you just need to make a 1cm cut in the carpet close to the driver and passenger front outside seat bolt and you can get all the carpets out without having to remove the seats (unlike other 4x4's)
2. There many floor drain holes just pop them out with a screw driver.
don't forget to pop out the bung hole in the area at the back where the Jack is stored and then just hose it all out - i hung up the carpets and hosed them - my next question is whether to replace them in the car or just get the whole jeep rhino lined?
- oh yeah - if anybody wants to know how to fix a mud clogged seat belt - just PM me
cheers Hunty
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/Mallcrawler.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/Mud4.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/Mud3.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/Mud1.jpg

Steve F
28-02-10, 09:38 PM
Forgot about those doors of yours, didn't realize it was that deep either. I'm just glad there was an optional bypass and you didn't have to go through ;)

Cheers
Steve

Hunty
28-02-10, 09:48 PM
Ah - but its a jeep thing - I did have to go through - no chicken track for me LoL
cheers Hunty

ps
Thanx again steve for leading out - Jax and I had a good time!

Steve F
28-02-10, 09:53 PM
Just glad we could fit everyone on the trip and got some video of it, looking forward to seeing it :)

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
28-02-10, 10:01 PM
I have always avoided bog holes since I sank my cruiser 15 years ago. Well at least until today.

Hunty
28-02-10, 10:05 PM
Did you end up getting snatched out - or were you one of the ones who escaped the mud under their own Jeep power!

Hunno
28-02-10, 10:11 PM
Engine started to die I shut it down but the water was already in there. One the other guys just fitted his new winch so I let him have a play.

Hunty
01-03-10, 10:11 AM
I was quite surprised when you came up behind me ! - I heard you call on the CB but man you must have been moving!
(nice driving !!!!) - you r correct I got it into 3rd trying to give you a clear shot at the top LoL - I don't normally attack a B/A grade hill in 3rd LoL
did you get her all cleaned up ? - mine is a work in progress LoL
cheers Hunty

sbadman
01-03-10, 06:30 PM
I was quite surprised when you came up behind me ! - I heard you call on the CB but man you must have been moving!
(nice driving !!!!) - you r correct I got it into 3rd trying to give you a clear shot at the top LoL - I don't normally attack a B/A grade hill in 3rd LoL
did you get her all cleaned up ? - mine is a work in progress LoL
cheers Hunty

Gave it an oil change and cooling system flush including pulling the radiator out and cleaning between the fins. There was a lot of mud and sediment in there! All seems to be ok now, took it to work today which was a good half hour run on the M4/M7. Also just bought 2 new Supercharge batteries on the way home from work in preparation for a dual battery system that I've decided I'll install sooner rather than later :)

I can guarantee that hitting hills at full throttle is not my normal style, it's probably shortened the life of my D35 by many k's!