PDA

View Full Version : Menai Clean-up Sunday 28/03/10

stevet
04-03-10, 01:29 AM
For those wanting to attend;-
Meet -- @ Gate No.6, Heathcote Road, Menai,
When -- Sunday 28/03/2010
Time -- 8.30a.m , Sign in by 9.00a.m,
Bring/Wear -- Gloves, decent shoes/boots, recovery point F/R, have own recovery gear if needed, CB, food/drink of choice, camera/video.
Participation at a Menai clean-up will give you 12 months access rights to use the tracks there on "official" club runs held there.
Further info contact -- Stephen T. -- Mob. No.0412-707903.

Attending;- Craig B. + Passengers,
Rupicon,
Stefan,
Dave K.,
Ian C. ( Will join on the day),
Tony R.
Nick ???(Hybridxj),
Gomesoceano ??
Stephen T.,
This could be you!
**** Please read post regarding guest wanting to attend the clean-up at Menai on Page. No.2 of this event posting.****
Gate 6 is off Heathcoat Road, GPS co-ordinates are 33°59'53.26"S 150°59'46.26"E. The sign for Gate No.6 is a bit overgrown & hard to see! (Thank's Scott :))
Stephen T.

CraigB
10-03-10, 06:35 PM
Count me in.

CRB

rupicon
10-03-10, 08:15 PM
count me in too

5teve
10-03-10, 10:52 PM
I'm in.
stefan

D.K.
10-03-10, 11:50 PM
If the Heeps running I'll be there

DK

CraigB
15-03-10, 08:19 PM
As I cant seem to reply to threads, but can post a new thread. Can someone put me down for the Menai cleanup on 28th. Add a couple of guests too.

Thanks,
CRB

stevet
15-03-10, 08:25 PM
You are already down on the list, adjusted to show x2 guests ??....... Stephen T.

PureCaboose
16-03-10, 10:20 AM
We should be there, put us down for 2 Jeeps and we will see if we bring both of them.

Hybridxj
16-03-10, 10:33 AM
Hey Guys,

I'd love to come out there. I'm not a club member yet.. does this matter?
Nick.

tonysrich
16-03-10, 06:33 PM
Tony's in if there's still room

floody
17-03-10, 06:33 AM
Hey Guys,

Nick.

You must be a member of a association affailiated club to attend a menai clean up.

Brian
(association executive)

stevet
17-03-10, 08:47 PM
Hi Nick,
Just been educated on the insurance requirements to attend Menai clean-ups. Their insurance requirements rule. You must be a finanical member of a 4wd club associated with the 4wd Assoc. to attend, any 4wd club. You can drive on any other club run on our policy as a guest but not the clean-up due to volunteers insurance requirements.....
So you can not attend sorry, but no issue if you join prior via the paypal on the club web site or join/pay on the day of the clean-up.
CraigB, this will also effect/apply to your guests you wanted to bring along so they are out unless members of another 4wd club, associated with etc, etc...
Guest's as passengers in your vehicle, not drivers of other 4wds', are more than welcome to attend the clean-up.......
Stephen T.

CraigB
17-03-10, 09:13 PM
OK, looks like this is working now - my guests are in their own vehicles. How long do you have to be a member of a club or whatever to go? My friends have just got into their various vessels.

CRB

Maggie
17-03-10, 09:21 PM
If you do not want to use Paypal to join, you can download a form from the home page of this website and send a cheque to the PO BOx 91, Baulkham Hills. I clear the mailbox every Wednesday so if you are desperate to do Menai you could send a cheque or money order. As soon as I receive the cheque we trust that it will clear and you will be given access and cleared as a member. We have done this before
Maggie.

stevet
17-03-10, 11:40 PM
OK, looks like this is working now - my guests are in their own vehicles. How long do you have to be a member of a club or whatever to go? My friends have just got into their various vessels.

CRB

Your friends have to be a member of another club, of a 4wd club affiliated with the 4wd Assoc. to attend if they are non-Jeep owners. Then that club does the usual Menai access prior approval stuff I do each month. If they own Jeeps they can join our club on the day. Other club requirements to attend their runs is up to that club to decide. We tend to assist all new/older members & learn myself too on all runs with the club where ever we go..............
Stephen T.

stevet
18-03-10, 05:12 PM
Ian C. attending. He is joining up on the day......

Maggie
18-03-10, 05:14 PM
Ian C. attending. He is joining up on the day......

Steve, if Ian forgets to bring his form with him, can you make sure you get all his details .. forum name, address, mobile no. etc.

stevet
18-03-10, 05:37 PM
Have downloaded membership form Maggie.... Thank's...... Stephen T.

gomesoceano
19-03-10, 01:15 PM
Huy mates, im new at the site, i have a stock Jeep Cherokee Sport, and i would like to know what i need to do to be able to enjoy with you guys...
What i need to do to attend a monai???
Can i do it with my stock jeep?? I would like a lot of informations about lift kits, tyres, as i want to start doing soon, but for that i will be doing another Thread.

Cheers, Gomes!!!

Maggie
19-03-10, 02:26 PM
Huy mates, im new at the site, i have a stock Jeep Cherokee Sport, and i would like to know what i need to do to be able to enjoy with you guys...
What i need to do to attend a monai???
Can i do it with my stock jeep?? I would like a lot of informations about lift kits, tyres, as i want to start doing soon, but for that i will be doing another Thread.

Cheers, Gomes!!!

Hi Gomes,
Welcome to the site but please read previous posts regarding Menai .. This is not an SJC Club event but a 4WD Association meet, you must be a financial member of a 4WD Assoc. affiliated club to attend Menai.

gomesoceano
19-03-10, 06:44 PM
Hi Gomes,
Welcome to the site but please read previous posts regarding Menai .. This is not an SJC Club event but a 4WD Association meet, you must be a financial member of a 4WD Assoc. affiliated club to attend Menai.

No worries mate, Im happy to became a member, if i can?!?!?!
Just let me know, Menai will be just a meet or there is some trip as well, and can i do it with an original jeep XJ???

Maggie
19-03-10, 07:10 PM
Yes Gomes, Stevet will accept your membership at Menai but be aware he does not have a receipt book and can only accept cash. You need to download a membership form from the Home page and bring that completed form to Menai.
You should be able to drive Menai in a stock XJ, I have driven it many times when our JK was stock, however, if you check the post on the first page of this thread, you can contact Stevet direct.
Maggie.

Hunno
19-03-10, 09:43 PM
Yes Gomes, Stevet will accept your membership at Menai but be aware he does not have a receipt book and can only accept cash. You need to download a membership form from the Home page and bring that completed form to Menai.
You should be able to drive Menai in a stock XJ, I have driven it many times when our JK was stock, however, if you check the post on the first page of this thread, you can contact Stevet direct.
Maggie.

My 1st trip was at Menai, in a stock 98 ZJ Grand Cherokee with balding road tyres & had a blast.

gomesoceano
20-03-10, 06:06 AM
Maggie.

Can i use Paypal???

sbadman
20-03-10, 07:18 AM
Can i use Paypal???

Certainly can, in fact it's the quickest and easiest way to become a member. You'll get instant access to the club related sections of the forum as well.

Don't forget you'll still have to complete and return a membership form so the Secretary can keep the database updated, you'll receive one in your member pack.

Steve F
20-03-10, 08:40 AM
Can i use Paypal???

Go to the home page and there is a section on how to become a member with links to the paypal subscription etc.

Cheers
Steve

stevet
20-03-10, 12:01 PM
Gomesoceano ?? hi,
Would be adviseable to remove any factory hard mudflaps before the run. They can be hard to find sometimes as they most likely be pulled off somewhere during the day. If you have the chrome type side steps just for mounting in/out of the XJ, they are likely to get scraped or worse, crunched at certain areas at Menia so you would be wise to remove also. Otherwise you should have a bit of fun on the day seeing what your Jeep can do.
P.S. Mud, dirt etc come free with every run.............. Stephen T.

Maggie
20-03-10, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Hybridxj;16842]Hey Guys,

Nick.[/
Hi Nick,
Welcome to the Club, your Paypal subscription has been received and you have been given Club Member access. Can you please PM or email me at secretary@sydneyjeepclub.com with your full name and address so I can send you a member pack, including an application form for all your details.
Maggie.

gomesoceano
21-03-10, 12:37 PM
Certainly can, in fact it's the quickest and easiest way to become a member. You'll get instant access to the club related sections of the forum as well.

Don't forget you'll still have to complete and return a membership form so the Secretary can keep the database updated, you'll receive one in your member pack.

Done

Paid by Paypall
See you guys soon

CraigB
21-03-10, 12:49 PM
Hau SteveT,
I will tell my now ex-guests they cant come unless they meet the said requirements. I will have other family with me in my vehicle on the day. Thats all fair enough, though rules are like beauracrats and axles - made to be smashed and replaced.

Cante wasteya
CRB

Maggie
21-03-10, 02:54 PM
Your Paypal subscription has been received .. can you please PM or email your full name and address to secretary@sydneyjeepclub.com so I can send your member pack. If you can get to me within the next couple of days you will have your membership card and sticker before Menai

PureCaboose
22-03-10, 11:17 AM
Damn, we are out.

have a great day everyone.

Greg

Maggie
22-03-10, 02:06 PM
Your Paypal subscription has been received .. can you please PM or email your full name and address to secretary@sydneyjeepclub.com so I can send your member pack. If you can get to me within the next couple of days you will have your membership card and sticker before Menai

Hi gomesoceano

Member pack posted today

stevet
22-03-10, 08:53 PM
There has been a request from the Menai chairman, if anyone from each 4wd club attending, could bring a trailer along for the morning for transporting back rubbish from Track No.8 entry area to the main dumping area as thats where we will be working mostly on Sunday morning....................
Post up if you can/will bring a trailer on the day....... Stephen T.

gomesoceano
25-03-10, 03:33 AM
Hi gomesoceano

Member pack posted today

Received

;D

gomesoceano
25-03-10, 04:56 PM
Could somebody explain what we gonna be doing during the day?
How is the trip? km? etc...
pictures

cheers

stevet
25-03-10, 08:32 PM
Could somebody explain what we gonna be doing during the day?
How is the trip? km? etc...
pictures

cheers
Hi,
Basic pick up of dumped rubbish and taking it to our dumping area at Menai. Hence the reason for gloves and decent shoes/boots for the day. Trailers have been requested this time as we will be trying to clear rubbish from Track No.8 about 3Km's from the dumping area. Time is between 9.00a.m up until12md sometimes depending on whats going on. Then we get to drive the tracks there for the rest of the day. Km's on the day, well your trip there and home then maybe 25/40Km's at Menai depending on traffic on the tracks we are using............... Bring your camera/video if you want.....
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Hybridxj
26-03-10, 09:13 PM
I'll be bringing my trailer on the day. See you there.

Nick.

stevet
26-03-10, 09:17 PM
I'll be bringing my trailer on the day. See you there.

Nick.
Cool. See you there Nick..........

D.K.
27-03-10, 10:45 AM
Thought I was out for this trip, but issue solved.

Dave K

CraigB
27-03-10, 03:16 PM
You skirt Dave

CRB

NT-Boy
29-03-10, 12:27 PM
How did you guys go ?

Hybridxj
29-03-10, 07:21 PM
I had a good time. It was great to meet some of the guys out there! Was also glad to see that my trailer was where I left it hidden while we were off driving.

gomesoceano
29-03-10, 08:41 PM
I had a very good time, it was nice to meet everyone, and its really awesome what i could do with my stock XJ.
For me it was a good learning day, and next time i promise, hand brakes off, haha

Thank you all for your patience
Thanks Stephen

NT-Boy
30-03-10, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun, ANY PIC'S ......

stevet
30-03-10, 04:45 PM
Any pic's yet of the day...... Do not have any at all!!...........

gomesoceano
31-03-10, 11:30 PM
Any pic's yet of the day...... Do not have any at all!!...........

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/Menai/IMG_0592.jpg

will put more later...

gomesoceano
31-03-10, 11:38 PM
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0338.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0342.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0345.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0353.jpg

gomesoceano
31-03-10, 11:40 PM
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0587.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gomesoceano/IMG_0585.jpg

CraigB
03-04-10, 08:56 PM
Hand brake off during a snatch tends to work well - was a great day...

CRB