PDA

View Full Version : Jambo 2010

Steve F
25-03-10, 01:32 PM
So the 2010 Jeep Jamboree is quickly approaching. Who's going this time?

If you want to know what it is and where etc then follow the link

2010 Jeep Jamboree (http://www.jeepjamboree.com.au/)

It'd be great to get a big convoy of SJC jeeps and setup "Camp SJC" again with the club BBQ and mess hall etc :)

Whos going:-

Akbar Reyhan
Rupe
Ben (Pura Vida)
Glen Davis + Campertrailer
David Grime
Eddy Grau
James Thorpe
Raymond Bunt
Steve F + Campertrailer
Chris C
Hunno
Wolfe
Wooders and Mei Mei
1stJeep

Wednesday and when:-

Steve and Chris - Wednesday AM , nice and early with a plan to arrive Wednesday PM before dark (or early Thursday AM if the trip is slow), coming back some of the way Sunday evening.
Pura Vida (taking Ben & father Jerry) - Leaving Wednesday at noon, returning casually Monday morning
Khalak - Wednesday AM
Wooders and Wolfe late Wednesday

Thursday and when:-

Dave

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
25-03-10, 01:36 PM
We'll be there...

glend
25-03-10, 01:39 PM
I'll be going and maybe my son will come down from Qld in his JK as well.

Dave
25-03-10, 04:11 PM
Put me down as a maybe! It's during school hols so I should be able to make it, but it is a bit hard to plan that far ahead just now.

Dave

MOP44R
25-03-10, 05:35 PM
I also would love to go down so at this point Im a maybe

Maggie
25-03-10, 06:38 PM
We are planning to go down for the full 4 days this year .. if you pay your entry fees before 1st July there is a saving of about $50.

Steve F
25-03-10, 08:18 PM
With these few responses in a short time it sounds like we're going to get a big turnout of SJC members :)

Cheers
Steve

PureCaboose
26-03-10, 06:14 PM
We are looking to come to this one, missed last year....bringing two JK's this year.....and probably the kids.

Greg

Miraz
26-03-10, 06:51 PM
I'm a maybe too...

Jaffas
28-03-10, 08:00 PM
Will give jambo a miss this year... will be running out of leave by then!

Pura Vida
06-04-10, 03:28 PM
After Camp Coffs I'm seriously thinking about going. I'm thinking of driving down at 2pm on Wednesday (so I can pretend not to take a day of leave) to get there around midnight and then drive back on Monday. When do you think the SJC convoy would be driving?

Steve F
06-04-10, 03:51 PM
Most likely sometime on the Wednesday and coming back Sunday afternoon, some of the way anyway, or Monday.

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
14-04-10, 03:34 PM
Booked my annual leave in. If I get the Lift kit in by then I'm coming.
Seeing as I already down that way, been thinking about going to Tassie for a week. Thinking the week before the Jambo in case I damage it there. But I'm open to ideas.
Chris

Cpage66
14-04-10, 04:51 PM
I'll be driving down in the convoy with Pela flying down Friday evening and flying back to Syd. Sunday afternoon. End of month as well as end of quarter for her at work...Least this way, she'll have a rental car to go do her own thing if she wants...

Steve F
14-04-10, 04:59 PM
I'll be driving down in the convoy with Pela flying down Friday evening and flying back to Syd. Sunday afternoon. End of month as well as end of quarter for her at work...Least this way, she'll have a rental car to go do her own thing if she wants...

Hmmm, I might have to let Bec know that, she probably wont be coming along as its board time for her but knowing Pela has a car might help a little as she wont come on any trips.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
14-04-10, 05:58 PM
Hmmm, I might have to let Bec know that, she probably wont be coming along as its board time for her but knowing Pela has a car might help a little as she wont come on any trips.

Cheers
Steve

Shopping and wine tours if those two get together!

TRBN8R
14-04-10, 06:15 PM
I am a strong maybe fingers crossed. Just depends on my brothers wedding.

Steve F
21-04-10, 03:31 PM
Anymore? Should be a big one and if Camp SJC at Coffs was anything to go buy you'll hear some great stories around the campfire after a day of wheelin :)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
04-05-10, 04:43 PM
The Jambo guys are now starting to allocate sites for clubs etc so we can all camp together, I know its early but we need to try and lock down some numbers or at least an idea, once we have something we can put in a request for however many campsites we need. Numbers of people would be good :)

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
04-05-10, 05:41 PM
I'm coming 2 people & most likely a Caravan.

Dave
04-05-10, 06:09 PM
Okay, put me down as a YES! Just me though. Unless plans change completely, I will be heading down from Tumut, so I will meet everyone down there. Have to get the itinerary and maps out!

Dave

glend
04-05-10, 06:44 PM
From what I can gather from the organising committee they are allowing clubs, groups of friends, other organisations, etc to group book sites but site allocation seems to be at their determination (although they will try to take requests into consideration - like close to toilets, near the water, or far from the Core Crew, etc). There's a discussion going on about this over on the Campertrailer Group forum as well. I was trying to get some idea of how they are laying it all out and where the "Loud" (the I never sleep at Jambo) section is going to be, as I camped next to them last time and never again. The Family section is there as well. Not sure where Club's fit into the map. Steve if your going to be the liasion with them on behalf of SJC can we get some views here about where people want to be located, or maybe this can be discussed at the meeting tomorrow.

Steve F
04-05-10, 06:55 PM
I've already asked that it be brought up at the meeting as I wont be there, happy to get as many suggestions as possible etc. From our members activity at Coffs and other Jambos etc I'd expect we would be more family orientated than all night party orientated and it's certainly something we can request when we have our numbers and can give the Jambo guys some details. I think they will try and cover all requests so the more detail we can give the better, at least this way we all get to camp together and share club facilities easily etc.

Anyway, lets see what the general consensus is but I know right now there will be a few kids going at least.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
08-06-10, 01:35 PM
Anymore going along and what to join us at camp "SJC"? Early bird registrations close at the end of this month and I'd like to be able to give some numbers in regard to tent/camper space required etc :)

Cheers
Steve

glend
08-06-10, 01:46 PM
You can give my number Steve, I will be there with my camper. I will submit the rego before 30 June and mention SJC site on it.

Steve F
08-06-10, 02:30 PM
I'll send an email tonight letting them know there will be some SJC registrations coming in then and hopefully that way we'll catch everyone and get a reasonable spot allocated, I'll follow up with them later to confirm anyway.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
08-06-10, 04:27 PM
Hi Steve, I'll be going with 1 tent! Have put my registration form in. I believe Eddy G intends to go too, I will have to try and contact him re registering as he is still allergic to computers.

Dave

Hunno
08-06-10, 05:24 PM
I'm in not sure tenting or caravaning yet thou.

NT-Boy
08-06-10, 06:41 PM
Pls put me name down SteveF.......i'm in 100%.........will be tenting it.....

khalak
09-06-10, 10:56 AM
I'll be there, 1x tent. Will be putting in rego shortly. Need to pay rego on the jeep first!

casey
09-06-10, 11:57 PM
so out of the loop on this one as we didnt subscribe to jeep action this year :P

we're well keen to go!

tonysrich
12-06-10, 05:54 AM
All going well the Rich family will be attending in our camper trailer.
Apart from me our family consists of my wife and our two daughters, one six the other 13mths.
We will DEFINATELY be wanting to camp in the quite area.

rupicon
15-06-10, 08:09 PM
we are going big tent;D

Hunno
18-06-10, 11:35 AM
Registration faxed & payment sent. I'm now in as an Early Bird. Will be tenting.

glend
18-06-10, 01:19 PM
My rego forms went off to MJOC yesterday. SteveF I put you down as the SJC Group contact is that OK?

Pura Vida
06-07-10, 06:28 PM
I've now paid my deposit for the Jambo.

Ben

Hunno
18-07-10, 03:14 PM
Has anybody heard back from their rego for Jambo yet?

zjtoo
26-07-10, 06:26 PM
Ive sent my rego forms and payment ill be tenting as well

glend
28-07-10, 10:51 AM
I saw SteveFs post about the Wednesday convoy. I probably have to go down there on Thursday morning. Is there interest in a Thursday convoy? Spoke to gi-frog yesterday and he is going down the coast road a few days early.

Dave
28-07-10, 11:28 AM
I got an email back from the organisers a week ago, saying that they had received my registration, and that a receipt would be sent soon...

I'm thinking Thursday convoy as well. Won't be going from Tumut after all.

Dave

Cpage66
28-07-10, 12:19 PM
At this point, it would be a miracle if we have the HEEP fixed and ready to go...

Steve F
28-07-10, 12:59 PM
At this point, it would be a miracle if we have the HEEP fixed and ready to go...

If you want to come down anyway you're welcome to tag along with me in the Jeep for the trips etc, It's just me Sean and Abby so I have a spare seat.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
28-07-10, 03:25 PM
If you want to come down anyway you're welcome to tag along with me in the Jeep for the trips etc, It's just me Sean and Abby so I have a spare seat.

Cheers
Steve

I'll get back to you on that one...thanx.

1stJeep
07-08-10, 10:03 PM
Hi all, I'm a new member here. I was planning heading to Jambo on my own before I joined. If there is an allocated club spot I'd love to join you and get to know some people. I haven't registered for Jambo yet, if I do is there anything I need to put on the registration to ensure a camping spot with the club?

Thanks
Phil.

Steve F
07-08-10, 10:08 PM
Hi all, I'm a new member here. I was planning heading to Jambo on my own before I joined. If there is an allocated club spot I'd love to join you and get to know some people. I haven't registered for Jambo yet, if I do is there anything I need to put on the registration to ensure a camping spot with the club?

Thanks
Phil.

There's a spot on the form for 'Club' just put Sydney Jeep Club on there and I'll request they get a spopt bigger enough to cover asll those listed as SJC.

Cheers
Steve

glend
08-08-10, 12:15 AM
Is there a need to let them know how many camper trailers, caravans, or other such towed things that we are bringing so that we have adequate parking room? I didn't see anything on the form about that.

Never Mind I'll ask Fletch at MJOC

Steve F
08-08-10, 06:10 PM
The more detail we can get them the better. So number of trailers, campers and caravans etc would be good to know.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
08-08-10, 07:02 PM
Also looking for someone to help with taking stuff down there, particularly the BBQ, I'm not sure where it currently is at the moment though? So anyone taking a trailer or able to take a trailer and chuck some club stuff in it. The more we can take in the way of shelter, BBQ and tables etc the easier it is on the individual and the better 'Camp SJC' will be.

Cheers
Steve

Pura Vida
16-08-10, 07:53 PM
Can we compile a list in the first post of this thread with everyone from SJC who is going and when they're driving down? How many are we?

Pura Vida (taking Ben & father Jerry) - Leaving Wednesday at noon, returning casually Monday morning

Steve F
16-08-10, 08:51 PM
Can we compile a list in the first post of this thread with everyone from SJC who is going and when they're driving down? How many are we?

Done :)

Cheers
Steve

khalak
17-08-10, 12:13 AM
Will be heading down on the Wednesday, to arrive hopefully in the not too dark to setup a tent...

Steve F
17-08-10, 12:22 AM
Should probably start looking at convoys soon then

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
17-08-10, 01:33 AM
I'll probably be taking a trailer steve.

Dave
17-08-10, 09:36 AM
I'll be heading down Thursday, no trailer, just me and my tent! Any plans re convoy?

Dave

Wooders
17-08-10, 02:08 PM
We'll head off after work on Wednessday.
At this stage I am planning to stop overnight at Nimitabel then travel south via the Monaroo Hwy.
If anyone else is interested firstly there is accomodation in Nimitabel (B&B or Hotel or VanPark).
Nimitabel is just under halfway there......Plus I've got family there and I'm trying to break the trip down for MM as she'll be pretty big by then....

Hunno
17-08-10, 05:19 PM
anyone interested in a High Country Run either on the way to or on the way back from Jambo?
Might even still be snow up there.

Dave
17-08-10, 06:13 PM
anyone interested in a High Country Run either on the way to or on the way back from Jambo?
Might even still be snow up there.

Sounds like a definite maybe! Some of the roads will probably still be closed though. Have to ask around while we are down there!

The Barry Way that follows the Snowy River between Jindabyne and almost as far as Lakes Entrance on the Vic Coast is a beautiful run, dirt and bitumen, but does close if it snows...

Dave

Hunno
17-08-10, 06:37 PM
Doesn't have to be exteme just thought it would be more pleasant way & I'm in no rush

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 12:16 PM
removed names

Steve F
23-08-10, 01:24 PM
Add the following people to the list on the first page:
Steve Foster(Steve F)
Akbar Reyhan
Rupert Gunnell
Ben (Pura Vida)
Glen Davis
David Grime
Eddy Grau
Warren Lewis (Jeep Club NSW?)
James Thorpe
Raymond Bunt

This list is from Paul Kelly working for the Jaboree. Who in our group is not on Paul's list? Chris (cpage66) , Khalak .... ?

I also noticed that there are a bunch of people who mentioned coming on the thread who also aren't on the list on the first post.

Ben

Chris is a passenger with me, his Jeep is off the road. I haven't anyone to the first post that I dont know the day that they are travelling, I'll stick all the names on of those that I know are going so we get an idea of campsite size.

Cheers
Steve

1stJeep
23-08-10, 01:30 PM
I am just filling out my form right now. I will be heading to Melbourne first to drop my kid off and will be at Jambo first thing Thursday. Just me, the JK and my swag.

glend
23-08-10, 01:54 PM
There will be at least two campertrailers as well right (SteveF and GlenD), need to allow space for those. Any others towing anything?

Steve F
23-08-10, 02:10 PM
Anyway able to take the club BBQ? I can take a gas bottle if we can get the BBQ there. Saves on a lot of cooking gear if we can use some communal stuff.

Cheers
Steve

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 02:51 PM
Chris is a passenger with me, his Jeep is off the road. I haven't anyone to the first post that I dont know the day that they are travelling, I'll stick all the names on of those that I know are going so we get an idea of campsite size.

Cheers
Steve

Here’s a more complete list. I think we should reconcile the list and then send it to Paul Kelly from the Jambo so he can know who is associated with SJC. Does anyone know the names of the unidentified screen names below?

On Jambo list and forum:
Steve (w/ heepless Chris)
Ben (Pura Vida)
Glen (glend) with camper/trailer
Dave (Dave) (David?)
Rupert (Rupicon)
Raymond (zjtoo)

On Jambo list but not forum:
Eddy
James

Akbar Reyhan
Warren Lewis (Jeep Club NSW?)

On forum but not Jambo list:
Maggie (Maggie) & co
Greg (purecaboose) – 2 JK’s + kids
Tony (tonysrich) + wife, 2 daughters, & 13 month old
David (Wooders)
Phil (1stjeep)
Casey (Casey)
Hunno
NT-Boy
Khalak
Wolfe + trailer

Maybe attending:
Ben (MOP44R) – Maybe
Geoff (Miraz) – maybe
TBRN8R – maybe

Steve F
23-08-10, 03:10 PM
Hopefully everyone who registered put 'Sydney Jeep Club' in the club bit on the form, or SJC.

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
23-08-10, 03:19 PM
I faxed my application on the 18th June & Paid via internet banking also. However I have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone else?

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 03:20 PM
Hopefully everyone who registered put 'Sydney Jeep Club' in the club bit on the form, or SJC.

Cheers
Steve

They didn't. The only ones who did are:

On Jambo list and forum:
Steve Foster
Ben
Glen (glend) with camper/trailer
Dave (Dave) (David)
Rupert(Rupicon)

On Jambo list but not forum:
Eddy
James
Raymond
Akbar
Warren (Jeep Club NSW?)

Hunno
23-08-10, 03:22 PM
I did, as I'm looking at the form I faxed to them now.

Heidi
23-08-10, 03:42 PM
zjtoo is Ray Bunt

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 04:37 PM
I did, as I'm looking at the form I faxed to them now.

Maybe the issue isn't that SJC members didn't indicate it--maybe it's the reading/recording of the application forms on the jambo side. However, in the end the only names that the jambo is aware of from SJC are the ones on the list that I posted. I got this directly from Paul Kelly.

To fix this, we can't assuem that they know who's from SJC based on putting it on the forms. We should reconcile the list from who we know is going and then send Paul an update SJC list.

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 04:47 PM
I faxed my application on the 18th June & Paid via internet banking also. However I have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone else?

Maybe you should contact Paul Kelly. On July 17th, those who had been successfully registered got the following email:

"Hi, and thanks for registering for what is building to be a huge National Jeep Jamboree 2010 here in Victoria.
I just wanted to touch base to confirm that yes, we have received your Registration, ....."

Hunno
23-08-10, 05:00 PM
Do we have a contact no. or details for Paul?

Steve F
23-08-10, 05:08 PM
Maybe the issue isn't that SJC members didn't indicate it--maybe it's the reading/recording of the application forms on the jambo side. However, in the end the only names that the jambo is aware of from SJC are the ones on the list that I posted. I got this directly from Paul Kelly.

To fix this, we can't assuem that they know who's from SJC based on putting it on the forms. We should reconcile the list from who we know is going and then send Paul an update SJC list.

Yes we should, its just a bit of a pain that they dont have the details they asked for. Anyway, there are still people registering and the main thing they need to allocate us an area is numbers, I dont think names etc are required. We can easily get an idea on this and hopefully over the next week or so people will come to the forum and respond. Gibe it a week and then we'll get back to the Jambo guys.

I will put a poll up so those that have registered can responded there. Only Eddy doesn't have email access or isn't on the forum at some point or another.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
23-08-10, 05:30 PM
Hi Steve,

I do not know if Eddy is going or not, he has said yes then no, does look like he registered though... But, I am in fairly regular contact with him if you need something.

Dave (and yes, that is Dave Grime)

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 05:34 PM
I think it'll be hard to confirm numbers if we can't reconcile the names, but hopefully it'll become clearer in a week.

Hunno, paul's email is pk@jeepjamboree.com.au

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 05:42 PM
I responded to the poll that I need space for 1 medium sized tent, but I'll also need space for a 4.25x4.25 meter canopy shelter which can be used communally if I don't decide to park Pura Vida under it at night.

Maggie
23-08-10, 06:37 PM
FYI ... Reyhan Akbar .. forum name reyzor
James Thorpe ... forum gifrog
Eddie Grau .. no computer access

Maggie and Reg ARE NOT going .. family commitments.

Pura Vida
23-08-10, 06:45 PM
On Jambo list
Steve (Steve F)
Ben (Pura Vida)
Glen (glend)
Dave (Dave)
Rupert (Rupicon)
Raymond (zjtoo)
Eddy (no computer)
James (gifrog)
Akbar (reyzor)
Chris (Hunno)
Phil (1stjeep)
David (Wooders)
Tony (tonysrich)
Warren (NSW JC)

Not on Jamo list
Greg (purecaboose)
Casey (casey)
(Khalak) - rego by end of month
(wolfe)

Maybe’s
Ben (MOP44R)
Geoff (Miraz)
(TBRN8R)

Potential Caravans
Wed AM - Wed 5pm
Steve F & Chris P & co

Wed Noon - Wed midnight
Ben (Pura Vida)
Khalak?

Wed 5pm - Thursday noon
Wooders

Thursday AM - Thurs PM
Dave G

Arriving from Melbs Thurs AM
Phil (1st Jeep)

Wants quiet:
Steve F
Chris Page
David Woodley (only because of family)
Tony Rich (bringing wife, 2 girls, and baby)
Glen D

Wants party:
Ben (Pura Vida)

Trailers
Steve F
Glen D
(wolfe)

Tents
Ben (Pura Vida) + large canopy
Dave G
Raymond (zjtoo)
Chris (Hunno)

Who can't tow the club BBQ down?
Steve F, Glen D, Chris P, Wolfe - trailers
Ben (Pura Vida ) - no tow ball

Who can tow the club BBQ down?
Probably Dave. Maybe wooders...if it fits in his trailer.
????????

no longer coming:
nt-boy
Maggie
Bec, Pela

glend
23-08-10, 08:05 PM
Add me to the "Wants Quiet" category, did my time next to the Core Crew last Jambo. Glen

NT-Boy
23-08-10, 08:30 PM
I'm Out, Can't go down....

Hunno
24-08-10, 01:05 AM
You can now put Hunno on the "On Jambo List" they had received the payment but the fax never got there & couldn't assign the money to anywhere. Has been sorted out now as I included the paperwork & copy of the transaction in the email. Paul was quick to respond with conformation.

Wooders
24-08-10, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=Pura Vida;18854]
Not on Jamo list
David Woodley (Wooders)

Wed Noon - Wed midnight
Ben (Pura Vida)
Khalak?

Wed 5pm - Thursday noon
Wooders

Wants quiet:
David Woodley

Who can tow the club BBQ down?
????????

Got the form ready (althought partly paid). Just completing some other offical paperwork & I'm slow - then I'll be rego'ed.
Want's quiet?? Nope but since I'll have junior and MM will be pretty far along then I guess I won't have much choice ;)
I'm 50:50 if I'll be towing - but if I am & the BBQ fits ina 6X4 then I can drag it with me.

khalak
24-08-10, 09:11 AM
I'm a slacker and haven't sent in my paperwork yet!

Been having some....issues @ home, so now that that is sorted I will get it sent in ASAP. Should be sorted by the end of the month.

Steve F
24-08-10, 09:25 AM
We have a bunch of club equipment we can take to the Jambo, Reg has kindly offered to even let someone tow his trailer with all the gear in it. The trailer is a standard ball connection with 7 pin flat plug. Any takers? Those that went to Coffs a couple of years ago in the pouring rain will know the advantage of having a communal setup and some plastic chairs that can stay out in all weather and just be wiped down ;)

2 x gazebos
2 x Folding tables, 6ftx 2ft 6 in
1 x Club BBQ
1 x club banner
14x club chairs, stack-able.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
24-08-10, 12:16 PM
Sorry - if I'm hauling anything it will be in my trailer - Only because I know it sits right for my vehicle (& I'd hate to deal with fishtailing for a 1600km round trip).

Wolfe
24-08-10, 12:22 PM

Cheers
Steve

Shopping and wine tours if those two get together!

Kathy is talking of coming down as well, maybe they could make a threesome :)

Steve F
24-08-10, 01:16 PM

Bec isn't going, too much on at work and Pela isn't going either as Chris is coming down with me.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
24-08-10, 02:41 PM
Steve, I can tow a trailer if needed. Will have a couple of days free before going down so can pick it up before I head on Thurdsay - although obviously I won't get there until Thursday evening...

Let me know.

Dave

1stJeep
24-08-10, 03:02 PM
sent my rego in yesterday via email (scanned copy) don't have any 20th century technology (fax) here. Haven't had any confirmation as yet.. but I'll be rocking up regardless!

Wooders
24-08-10, 05:21 PM
MM & Martin will be there to keep her company. And I;m not sure how many A -Grade trips MM will be felling like ;)

Steve F
24-08-10, 06:07 PM
Steve, I can tow a trailer if needed. Will have a couple of days free before going down so can pick it up before I head on Thurdsay - although obviously I won't get there until Thursday evening...

Let me know.

Dave

Thanks, that should be fine, I'll speak to Reg and take the banner and one gazebo down with me fo us early arrivers and leave the rest for the trailer.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
24-08-10, 06:10 PM
All good. We can work out where and when closer to time.

Dave

1stJeep
24-08-10, 11:33 PM
OK my registration has been confirmed. Just to repeat, I don't need much space, just a spot for my swag and small awning. Uncertain of whether or not I'll have my son with me at this stage. If he comes he'll sleep in the Jeep.

tonysrich
26-08-10, 01:34 AM
I registered for the Jamboree via email and made my payment with a direct deposit tonight so I’m hoping to get my confirmation by the weekend.

I’m taking my wife and two little girls and plan to camp in our camper trailer.

My six year old isn’t rapt about the idea of camping but I think that she’d be a lot more enthusiastic if she new that there will be other kids around her age coming.

If you are brining kids that are around the same age could you please let me know?

Thanks
Tony

glend
03-09-10, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if we will be provided with a campfire ring/pit/box for the club? I noticed on AJOR that Fletch was talking about fires being in designated locations. They still haven't answered the questions being raised about individual campfires. I would assume that the good folk that own Lardner Park would not want their nice lawns burnt so it probably has to be a raised firebox type thing like those provided at Jambo 2008 (half a 44 gallon drum with some legs on it). Does anyone in the club have one of those things?

Wolfe
03-09-10, 05:34 PM
I have a brazier type thing its pretty effective though, we could fill up with the heat beads and it will last all nite.

Wolfe
03-09-10, 05:35 PM
I registered for the Jamboree via email and made my payment with a direct deposit tonight so I’m hoping to get my confirmation by the weekend.

I’m taking my wife and two little girls and plan to camp in our camper trailer.

My six year old isn’t rapt about the idea of camping but I think that she’d be a lot more enthusiastic if she new that there will be other kids around her age coming.

If you are brining kids that are around the same age could you please let me know?

Thanks
Tony

I'm bring my 8yr old and maybe my 15yr old boys

1stJeep
04-09-10, 10:24 AM
my 8 year old son is coming with me.

rupicon
04-09-10, 01:12 PM
tony jacob is coming and he is six

Wooders
05-09-10, 10:32 PM
My 4yo son & wife are travelling with me.
Hopefully my daughter (due on 21stOct) won't be making an appearance ;)

Hunno
07-09-10, 12:14 PM
Has anybody received their info packs/trip choice's?
If so who's doing what trip?

reyzor
07-09-10, 12:18 PM
still havent recieved anything from them.... not even a confirmation email....... hmmmm

Steve F
07-09-10, 12:23 PM
I received a package a week or so ago, had a quick look but didn't go through in much detail. I will today at some point.

Cheers
Steve

glend
07-09-10, 12:25 PM
I received the confirmaiton letter a few weeks ago with the massive Jambo windscreen banner and a couple of normal stickers. They did say more stuff is on the way but I haven't seen it. If anyone wants my Jambo windscreen banner you can have it, I won't use it and it wouldn't fit a curved windscreen anyway.

Steve F
07-09-10, 12:36 PM
I received the confirmaiton letter a few weeks ago with the massive Jambo windscreen banner and a couple of normal stickers. They did say more stuff is on the way but I haven't seen it. If anyone wants my Jambo windscreen banner you can have it, I won't use it and it wouldn't fit a curved windscreen anyway.

Just checked mine and it is the same, has my registration number and says the rest will come via email with some questions etc. At previous events its just been a confirmation and map etc and all the rest of the stuff was received when checking in so I imagine this will be the same.

Cheers
Steve

1stJeep
08-09-10, 09:19 PM
I got nothing but a confirmation email.

BTW I will be getting there Wednesday evening. Heading to Vic on the 25th and spending a few days in Melbourne first.

Dave
09-09-10, 09:44 AM
I have had a confirmation email, and a small pack through the mail including my rego number, a sticker, a Vic 4wd Asscn brochure and the Windscreen Banner, which I also will not be using. Have not had any info about trips, and only one further email saying "its getting closer". I hope that it is also not washing away! Flooding in Vic has not been good.

Dave

glend
16-09-10, 09:21 PM
I have just received the survey email from MJOC. This email contains a link out to the Survey Monkey system and the link is specific for each registration email address. The survey asked all sorts of questions about: arrival day and time, Camp ground preferences, trip intentions on each day/night, lunch pack pre-orders, helicopter flights, winery tours, clothing pre-order, etc etc. Very comprehensive.

One thing I noticed is that they say the event does not open until Thurday morning and there is no provision for recording earlier arrival (other than a note in a box). I have indicated to them that SJC is running a convoy on Wednesday to arrive Wednesday evening/night. The campground questions include an item about campfires - they will be in drums. We can bring our own fireplace but it must be approved by the organisers (ie, a half 44 gal drum with legs).

You should all see these emails and survey shortly.

Steve F
17-09-10, 12:06 AM
Got mine too, I think for the Wednesday run we might just have to get close to Jambo and camp or motel it overnight, might not be such a bad thing as it's a fair old trip anyway. I guess we see what they come back with.

Also I ticked moderate for preferred camping area, at least I think that was the option, not family and not 'all night party' hopefully that will suit everyone all will allow use to sit around chatting into the evening if we want. Does anyone have a fireplace we can use that they can bring?

Cheers
Steve

Bear
21-09-10, 08:16 AM
Are we going to get daily updates (stories and pix) as we did with the 2008 Jambo, for the benefit of those of us who will be stuck at home.

Steve F
21-09-10, 09:02 AM
Are we going to get daily updates (stories and pix) as we did with the 2008 Jambo, for the benefit of those of us who will be stuck at home.

Sure :) If we have time between all the wheelin and events ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
21-09-10, 12:15 PM
Just back on the camping space topic.
I've decided to drag my trailer with me - So I'll bring another 2 gazebos that can be added to the communal area.
Asside from our family tent, we'll also have Colin's tent & my Fathers van - if they could join us?

Steve F
21-09-10, 12:23 PM
Brent has told me the place is huge and we'll have plenty of room so I dont see a problem with Colin and your Father joining us.

Cheers
Steve

IVAN
21-09-10, 07:15 PM
Spoke to a Paul Kelly via email from MJOC confirming my registration for the jambo due to the fact i had lodged it late... Im officially going YEAHHHHH!!!!!!

glend
21-09-10, 07:56 PM
Ivan don't forget the flag!

rupicon
21-09-10, 08:18 PM
we have booked a room at warragul views!
due to no earlier arival than 5-6pm wednesday will have to set up camp on thursday and
miss some of the fun>:(

glend
26-09-10, 11:16 AM
At this point it seems that the weather in Victoria may co-operate for Jambo, sunny but cool (especially at night):

http://www.weather.com.au/vic/warragul

:)

Better bring the good sleeping bag and an extra blanket!

Do we have an SJC fireplace solution?

Sunexim
26-10-10, 04:31 PM
You guys will really have a blast there. I really must confess that if i were in sydney i surely take part in this J-2010 . I wish i could...