PDA

View Full Version : Fuel consumption on cherokee

goldeneagle05
04-04-10, 06:52 PM
Has anyone got real figures on fuel consumption for a new cherokee, Im thinking of updating

Dave
05-04-10, 07:50 PM
Now that is a really tough question! I assume you mean a KK (2008 to present)? But then do you mean petrol or diesel?

I can't tell you about a KK, but my 2005 2.8 litre KJ Turbo Diesel gets roughly 8 litres to the hundred on the freeway, unless I have a spare on the roofrack, when I get about 9.5 litres to the hundred. The best I have ever had was 7.5 litres per hundred on the freeway with a decent tailwind! When I say freeway, my normal trip is Sydney to Gundagai, 365km on the Hume Hwy.

Around town (only stop start traffic light city driving) I get about 13 litres to the hundred.

Petrol? Again, can't really say, but typically not as good as diesel.

I believe the newer diesel KK is running a similar engine to the KJ, so I assume fuel figures would be similar.

Hope this helps,

Dave

goldeneagle05
05-04-10, 08:47 PM
I was thinking about the petrol, thanks

glend
05-04-10, 09:09 PM
I don't think there are any club members with a KK but I could be wrong. We did have a visitor to a meeting with a KK CRD but that was sometime ago. Dave and I can certainly give you comparative CRD figures for our KJs, and yes it is the same diesel engine in the KK, as it also is in the Wrangler JK CRDs. Perhaps if you go to AJOR and post up this question in the KK section there you will get a quick response.

Try looking in here:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=198

Good luck.

Glen

Jaffas
06-04-10, 11:49 AM
I don't usually talk about Jeeps and Fuel economy in the same sentence!