PDA

View Full Version : Need Grills Screens for JK?

glend
16-04-10, 12:36 PM
My son's JK CRD is having a real problem with the central Qld bug population. His radiator/intercooler/AC condensor is getting coated with bug bodies everytime he drives (he's in Dysart and regualrly travels to Rocky, Emerald, Moranbah, Blackwater, Airlee, etc). He asked me to put this question to SJC (and AJOR) to try and find some solution to front screening for the JK. He has tried regular window flyscreen and can't get it to stay in place. Ideas? Is there a ready made product for JKs that fits?

Steve F
16-04-10, 12:44 PM
Wooders does the Rugged Ridge screens for the TJ etc so he may have the JK ones in stock as well (don't see them on his website) I'm guessing if not he could get it since he already sells Rugged Ridge stuff.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
19-04-10, 10:29 PM
At the Caravan and Camping Show - Stand number 100 - Enduromat Mate Australia - was selling ready made flyscreen type radiator screens, nicely finished with eyelets to tie on, for $35.00.

I've ordered one.

Dave

Maggie
20-04-10, 09:25 AM
Last year before a trip to Bylong we invested in a radiator grill from 4WD1 in Castle Hill, it was pretty pricey about $400 I think but it fits behind the grill and we also backed it with flyscreen from Bunnings. It works wonders though and the temperature never fluctuates. The Easter trip to Bylong was the worst for grasshoppers that we have seen and even though there were dozens on the outside, our screening was more than adequate.

Maggie