PDA

View Full Version : Hunty's Jk - Most creative use of 3 cable ties ever! LoL

Hunty
19-04-10, 01:30 AM
This is by far the best use I have ever made of 3 cable ties!!!!!!!
Today whilst 4x4ing with a few mates I managed to completely rip off my rear trackbar (again- I think this is the 6th or 7th time) so in order to make it home 200+kms from Nowra State forrest took some inginuity - see attached pic enjoy & maybe have laugh on me! - cheers Hunty
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/DSC_3309.jpg

SteveC
19-04-10, 07:50 AM
why do you think you have so much trouble with it??

Hunty
19-04-10, 08:56 AM
I have so much trouble with it because.....
well Hmmm... I bought a piece of S@$# bracket - poorly engineered and not appropriate for the way I drive ( 80kph through as many roundabouts as possible - provided the speed limit is 80 and its safe to do so )
The standard attachment point on my 07 JK diff is ridiculously too weak! (for a poorly designed lift kit ....)
The entire concept - supplied by my lift kit manufacturer is totally flawed - I notice on their website they have completely changed the way in which they now attach the trackbar lift spacer - It is now in my opinion a much better arrangement! - wish I had waited for their second Gen.

I will be designing my own tonight and it will be made of steel similar to the armour plate used on the side on Tanks! - this 1 part of my Jeep will then out last the rest of my car! and perhaps civilisation as we know it - I will not weld this again! (not more than a couple of times tops) LoL
Cheers Hunty

ps there are some insane trax down around Nowra - I am thinking or leading a trip down there! if anyone is interested.