PDA

View Full Version : WildEndurance event to raise funds for The Wilderness Society

billsta
21-04-10, 01:34 PM
Hey,

I am competing in the 100km WildEndurance event to raise funds for The Wilderness Society on May 1st - 2nd 2010.

My goal is to raise funds to play my part in protecting our environment. Let me do the hard work, your part is easy!

Please visit my page and sponsor me in the event to show your support, you can click on the link below to view my page:

http://events.wildendurance.org.au/billsta

The Wilderness Society is an independent, self-funded, non-profit organisation which relies entirely on the ongoing support and commitment of people like you for its success in maintaining a healthy and sustainable environment.

Using every peaceful means possible, The Wilderness Society works across Australia to secure a safe environment for future generations - by mobilising the community, driving world-class science and exploring sustainable economic solutions.

Thanks for your support!

Billy

D.K.
21-04-10, 02:27 PM
Er, No offence meant , but isnt this group of elitists a big player in promoting the closing of tracks and generally keeping people out of the bush (for the future generations)...

PureCaboose
22-04-10, 10:53 AM
That is what I though.

I have no intention of supporting these wankers.

Greg

CraigB
22-04-10, 06:45 PM

TRBN8R
22-04-10, 07:49 PM

Translation English Please

CraigB
22-04-10, 08:44 PM
Translation cant be posted due to imminent danger of being barred from SJC site...............

Steve F
22-04-10, 10:29 PM
Translation cant be posted due to imminent danger of being barred from SJC site...............

Gotta go then, Please remember if you aren't prepared to write it in English on the site then it isn't appropriate for the site.

Cheers
Steve

D.K.
23-04-10, 09:06 AM
Back in 2006 there was a mob called the "Colong Foundation For Wilderness" - an extreme lefty group that was lobbying to close the "Gardens Of Stone" near capertee and many of the tracks around the Newnes Plateau. Yes- that would include Zigzag, etc...I went to a rally near Capertee which was massively attended by ordinary mums and dads, and many of the local community that benefited from weekend trade by recreational 4WDers. Officials from Lithgow council and a member of parliament were present and thanks to this support we still have access.

The average punter in the city is just being duped with comments like ... having a "safe environment.... blah blah blah.... for future generations to enjoy ...

We should be very afraid of these people - all that will be left in this great country is walking on designated nicely paved pathways which you cant trip over for fear of litigation, and of course complete with signage explaining the beauty of the bush which, Im sorry , you're not good enough to view at close hand...

Im all for working co-operatively with environment groups so that access is available and we can co-exist, unfortunately we are such a dis-organised fragmented group I fear private parks will soon be our only option. Probably good to support NSW 4WD Association and get involved.

CraigB
23-04-10, 07:47 PM
Ok, but hahahahaha anyway