PDA

View Full Version : SJC Trip #6 to Bylong

Bear
22-04-10, 11:48 AM
Spoke to the land owner this morning, and he enquired if SJC was comming up to Bylong for the Queen's b/day w/end in June.

Date Sat 12/06-----Mon 14/06/2010.

Object Camping in a relaxed atmosphere and wheeling on tracks varying from C grade through to A grade, with some A+ which still need a little work.

Campers would need to be self sufficient with food and drinking water for the duration.

Usual requirements for recovery gear and radios apply

Be advised to Fit Fly mesh or something similar across your radiator to prevent grass seeds and grass hoppers being sucked in and causing overheating.

When you post up "PM" your day time name,rego number,type of jeep,number of persons in your vehicle.

Please indicate prefered day of travel. Convoy #1 Friday 11/06. Convoy #2 Sat 12/06, each convoy will assemble at Maccas Richmond on the day of travel at 08:00am on the road by 08:30 am.

If you require any further info ring me on 0412 397 264

Dave
22-04-10, 03:13 PM
Hi Bear,

Put me as a maybe please - Saturday drive up. It's the same weekend as my Dad's Birthday (no he isn't a Queen) so I don't know if anything else is planned yet. I'd like to get back up there, and maybe others will treat it as a dry run / practice for Birdsville...

Dave.

TRBN8R
22-04-10, 07:42 PM
Hi Bear

I am in. I have got my leave approved again. Fingers crossed hopefully nothing will go wrong this time.

stevet
22-04-10, 10:14 PM
Will be there, no passengers, likely a Saturday person at this time...................Stephen T.

Bear
28-04-10, 08:54 AM
Anyone coming camping on this trip would be well advised to bring extra bedding for warmth, as they are experiencing o/night frosts in the Bylong area already.

Bear
29-04-10, 07:11 AM
List of starters for this trip so far

Convoy #1 Fri. 11/06

Bear
Mani S
Ryan C
Steve T

Convoy #2 Sat 12/06

Scott B
Rupe
Chris C ??
James M

Cpage66
29-04-10, 07:16 AM
We're a strong probable on this one...but it depends on me having enough time to get the rear diff rebuilt. Got a pinion bearing on the fritz...

rupicon
29-04-10, 10:02 PM
looking forward to this, sat convoy i think

glend
30-04-10, 01:36 PM
I am a possible Bear, would have to be the Saturday group.

Bruce Kerney
04-05-10, 09:36 AM
http://bylongcreek.blogspot.com

Dave
04-05-10, 02:37 PM
Nice one Bruce! No pictures of the Toymota sideways though!

Dave

Bear
11-05-10, 05:58 PM
It's 4 weeks till this trip happens and 3 weeks till I close off the nominations and forward the list to the land owner.

So if you are interested in camping and wheeling post up ASAP or miss out on a fun w/end.
The fun part is comments from members who have been to the property.

khalak
12-05-10, 01:04 PM
I'll be coming to this one.

Friday convoy.

Dave
14-05-10, 07:23 PM
Hi Bear,

Very sorry, I will not be able to come this time after all. Either the parents will be visiting me, or they have asked me to head down to them.

Sorry again,
Dave

Bear
19-05-10, 05:45 PM
Saw the land owner to-day and he advises there will be five (5) clubs on the property on the Queens b/day w/end. So there will be plenty of trips to join.

glend
19-05-10, 05:56 PM
Bear, Sorry I am out for that weekend.

Glen

sbadman
25-05-10, 06:31 PM
Confirming that it will be only Kay and myself coming, our passengers have pulled out to go to Newnes instead. Their loss :)

Bear
27-05-10, 08:57 AM
Nominations/acceptances for this trip will close Sat 05/06 at 8:00am this will allow any new members joining at the club meeting the opportunity to nominate for this trip, before I close off the list and forward names and rego numbers to the land owner.

Bear
30-05-10, 09:29 AM
The SJC club BBQ will be going with us just in case some members have limited cooking facilities

TK421
30-05-10, 04:12 PM
I am sorry but I just found out that I cannot attend this great weekend - sorry folks. My machine at the moment needs a few repairs - and I have booked these at the mechanic's on the Saturday morning. I can't promise that I will be there - so, I am declining - thank you for the invitation.
TK

Bear
05-06-10, 10:26 AM
Nominations/acceptances for this trip are now closed!!

The final list of starters is as follows:-

Friday convoy#1
Bear Convoy leader 0412 397 264
Mani S
Ryan C
Steve T

Sat convoy #2
Scott B Convoy leader 0414 732 016
Rupe G
Chris C Joins convoy @ miners lamp Lithgow
James M

Convoys will assemble at Maccas Richmond 08:00am on the road 08:30am on their respective day of travel.

If you are running late or are a "no show" ring your convoy leader so we don't wait around un-necessarily.

Bear
05-06-10, 01:52 PM
I have been advised that photographers from 4WD Action magazine will be on the property for the w/end

sfedek
08-06-10, 10:33 AM
I am looking at this one just for the day & to meet some more of you guys.
Saturday seems the one so far.
Eddy

Maggie
08-06-10, 11:02 AM
I am looking at this one just for the day & to meet some more of you guys.
Saturday seems the one so far.
Eddy

Eddy, whilst we would love to see you, this is not exactly a day trip ... it is about a 265k's and about 3 and 1/2 hours. If you need to know more, ring Bear.

Maggie.

rupicon
15-06-10, 08:21 PM
bylong was great ,thanks everyone;D

Cpage66
15-06-10, 08:37 PM
Big thanks to Rupe for the tow back to camp and especially Steve for towing our trailer all the way back to the house...

And to Yatesy for knocking the transmission pan back on!!!!

khalak
16-06-10, 09:51 AM
I guess you got home ok then Chris?

Bear
16-06-10, 10:11 AM
There were 7 cars on this trip which travelled in 2 convoys.

Convoy #1 travelled on Friday 11/06 and consisted of Bear and Maggie, Mani S, Ryan C, Steve T.
After an uneventful trip to the property we set up camp, dragged in some trees for the camp fire, drew washing up water from the well, and did some exploratory drives for the first timers to the property.

We then settled in around the camp fire, as the evening was quite cool, before people drifted off to bed.

Sat morning there was frost on everything you could almost ski across the camp site. First priority get the fire stoked up!!
After brekkie some wheeling around the property.

About 1:30pm convoy #2 arrived consisting of Scott and Kay B, Chris and Pela C plus their 2 nephews Mick and Jimmy, Rupe and Shel G plus Jacob. While the new arrivals set up camp Kay released some more horses she had brought with her.

Now a bit of wheeling, then on to the mundane task of dragging in more fire wood, a lot more, if it was going to be as cold as last night we would need a bloody big fire all night and Rupe (now called the club pyro) was up to the task.

Sunday morning some one did a water run to the well to replenish the wash up water.
Brekkie then into some wheeling.
It was during this session that Chris had the misfortune to damage the oil pan on his automatic transmission case whilst driving an “A grade” section along the creek bed. He was towed back to the camp site where “Yatesy” a friend of the land owner promptly dived under the car, removed the damaged oil pan, took it away to the makeshift workshop that is on the property, and panel beated it back into shape, so that it would seal and not lose any more oil. Being low on transmision oil sort of put Chris out of any further activities.
Rupe managed to bend something that made his car difficult to steer, during one of his rock climbing jaunts.

Mani and Ryan along with Scott pulled out around lunch time. Apparently the cold at night was too much for them.

Monday we packed up and left the property around 1:00pm, with Steve T towing Chris's trailer to minimise the load on his transmision. It was a slow trip home as we stopped at every servo on the way to try and find the appropriate fluid to top up the transmision.

We parted company at Lithgow with Chris and Steve travelling the GWH, Rupe and Bear coming down Bell's line of road.

Bear.

Maggie
16-06-10, 11:03 AM
FOUND AT THE BYLONG SITE
One blue cup, could be measuring cup ... owner please contact me.
Maggie

Cpage66
16-06-10, 08:42 PM
Yep...and promptly ordered two new pans

TRBN8R
17-06-10, 12:36 PM
Hi All

Link to some pics I took at Bylong.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/manmeet9574/Bylong?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyI6ove3_2W0wE&feat=directlink

Mani

Bruce Kerney
20-06-10, 02:36 PM
Thanks to all, hope not too much permanent damage done, always a good idea to have a spotter on the rockier ground even if looks easy to avoid damage or spot for anything astray. Great to see Rupes immaculatily presented vehicle finally, you did have a bit of a fan club going, I have ordered the personalised Parking Sign for the JK as well.
The photos look a lot colder than what it seemed at the time, Mannies attempt at a rock crawl impressed with only the road tyres and a bit more clearance needed to succeed, Oh and Scott guess who cooked Chocolate Pudding after you left......... and congrats to Maggie for winning the 4th race in the Bylong Cup sprint across the camp ground followed by LD Larry, Snow flake and Meg bringing up the rear with a leg handicap. Hope the flags provided some colour, pity the Quality Used Car flag sagged, but others looked good.
Good to have Andrew visit to meet a few more club members be nice to see him playing with the more modified boys in future if we can get them up onto the advanced tracks.

Bear
20-06-10, 08:00 PM
Bruce you neglected to mention the "chicken dance".If you are going to spill the beans, let it all out.

Bruce Kerney
21-06-10, 01:52 PM
Some things are better left unsaid, who ever in the club would even believe if I printed that you and Maggie were seen in your flanneys dancing around a morning (and I believe an evening )campfire to a techno mix of the Chicken Dance bellowing across the camp ground from Michaels Surf, where was Acker Bilk when we needed him....... Whatever happened to "What happens at Bylong Creek stays at Bylong Creek", people might think you guys are having fun there, that and the complimentry winch rope rewinding service.....and the Chocolate Puddings, Impossible Pies and Bread and Butter Custards you would have the whole club on diets like I am trying to be at the moment.
Next club trip to liven things up fluffy stuffed mascots per vehicle, silly hats, cheap wine and silly music...... Well Maggie had Meg, your Russian hat, white wine and the chicken Dance CD so shes covered already. All we needed was "Sideways Dave " for some stunt driving in the KJ or was that the 80 Series

snoik
25-06-10, 09:48 PM
Hey Bruce, it was good to meet some more from the Jeep club , but do you think I need to try some more of the harder tracks, I've been there twice now and been stuck twice, I may have found my limit

Bruce Kerney
28-06-10, 01:41 PM
Just keep away from the water and mud Andrew