PDA

View Full Version : Another Run South

CraigB
28-04-10, 09:57 PM
Venue: South-West of Nowra.

RV: Yalwal rd turn-off, heading towards Albatross, anywhere near the roundabout there, 0830.

Entry: Go in fast from Yalwal road. Scoot straight down Mintbush to creek crossing and head up to
Landie Drop.

Activity: Set up for downhill drop-climb and also play around up the twin tracks.

Exit: Go out via entry point, or take optional longer route via Monkey Gum.

Options: if you want to make it an 'official' club run, no drama, provided someone else does the paper work. Volunteer if you want, I'll be too busy to do it.

Notes: Planning to hit out mid-May. This wont be a little dilly-bop through the donga, so come ready to play on the rocks.

Post up if your mum lets you go kidz.....

CRB

Steve F
28-04-10, 10:07 PM
Paperwork for an official club run means filling in a trip register at a minimum, basically names and rego numbers not exactly time consuming or hard and comes with many advantages like personal liability insurance. There's other stuff the club likes done like a trip report etc BUT it's not a requirement to make it an official trip, just nice for those that cant go to have something to read in the mag. All you have to do personally is write down your name and rego on a piece of paper and hand it to the next guy and then make sure it gets back to a committee member somehow for the records ;) If it's not an official trip then please remember nobody on the trip is covered for personal liability so if anything goes wrong and someone wants to take it further you're on your own as are those on the trip. It's not much for piece of mind and as you can imagine from a liability point of view historically the club doesn't like non club trips being organised on the forum as it isn't always clear this is the case and can lead to confusion. Anyway, I'm sure Reg will chip in at some point and clarify anything that may need clarifying :)

Cheers
Steve

glend
28-04-10, 11:06 PM
I am confused about this whole topic of Club insurance and what it covers. I have been told previously (by a Club officer) when I asked about this that only the trip leader was covered by insurance and that coverage related to his liabliity not anyone elses. In other words the Trip Leader was protected from claims arising from people going on the trip. Is there a reference document somewhere?

Steve F
28-04-10, 11:28 PM
Sorry my mistake, you are correct Glend the trip leader is covered against claims against him. It covers those on the trip in regard to they are able to make a claim against the club if required but obviously its no use if a trip attendee makes a claim against another attendee or a third party makes a claim against a trip attendee etc. Anyway, I wont bog this thread down with this, I'll PM Reg and maybe we can have a post in the club section with the specific details. Regardless there are benefits involved in making a trip an official club trip that just aren't there if it is not a club trip which was basically my point and for the time it takes to get peoples names and rego details it seems remiss not to do it. Personally I wouldn't run a trip and not make it a club trip, why risk it?

Cheers
Steve

Maggie
29-04-10, 11:10 AM
This looks like a good trip for people looking for hard tracks ... read my post in Up and Away.

Maggie.

D.K.
29-04-10, 02:01 PM
Should be OK for Mid May. Maybe we should recce six stage :-)

CraigB
29-04-10, 06:12 PM
Ok, so send me a register sheet and call it an official club run - open to all. Beware with stock vehicles, most of it will be fine, but some parts no good. There are alternative routes to get around. Hows that?

Date, time etc to be confirmed. I was thinking Sunday 16th of May. RVA: Gerringong 0800. RVB: Yalwal rd roundabout 0845. UHF Ch15. By entering and exiting via the quickest route, you save about 4 hours of drive time. Plus, you dont have to do the crazy climbs in or out to get there, so if you like, just witness the carnage.

CRB

CraigB
29-04-10, 06:32 PM
Sorry Dave, meant to add up above. We could do a little quickie up to six stage too, for anyone who wants to keep on the move. The twin tracks climb and Landie Drop will likely take a while, but no prob with that run as a sideliner - you navigate old son...

CRB

rupicon
29-04-10, 09:44 PM
yep you know im in, landie:o

CraigB
29-04-10, 10:19 PM
Update:

This run is now an official SJC run, with complete paperwork by moi. I will even do the trip report.

If a Sunday is not the best option, post up so I know and can take the Saturday off work.

So far, I can do Sunday 16th of May or leave it for a week and hit it on Saturday 22nd of May. Given that Track Landie Drop will be involved, plus possibly six stage, the Saturday is probably more practical - and upgrades this little number on the carnage factor, from "Medium to High" to "High to Probable".

Please bring a permission note from your mum to attend - and please, no forgeries, Maggie will check the signatures hahahahahahahahaha.

Smash-it-Up

D.K.
30-04-10, 09:08 AM
Hey Craig,

I was just being a bit tongue in cheek when I said six stage! Have you seen this track?! I would think you'd want to set a day aside to do it. I know one group who spent the night out on it!
Then again knowing you....

Cheeers
Dave

CraigB
30-04-10, 06:11 PM
Yeah Dave, I thought if we go on the Saturday, we may as well spend the time out there on a night run - we could call that "seven stage"...ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Fire on Water paleface

MOP44R
01-05-10, 11:14 PM
I will in this time as missed last one, just couldnt make it second last weekend in May but all others should be fine.

Cheers

Ben

CraigB
02-05-10, 09:00 AM
Nominations for a date kidz? I can do any Sunday, for a Saturday I'll have to put in for the day off. Ben is out for weekend 21/22 May, me too. That gives either 16/17 or 28/29 May, or the trip can be pushed back to first weekend in June. Or should I just nominate the day and whoever gets there to play makes it?

FOW

rupicon
05-05-10, 10:35 PM
sunday the 16th of may;D

CraigB
05-05-10, 11:31 PM
- Date for this trip is now Sunday 16th of May.
- Time and meeting place will be 0800, RV Gerringong.

- Additional information: This is an official SJC run. Radios switched on to UHF Channel 15 and Trip register will be filled in complete at the RV, before move out. Travel to Nowra via 7 mile beach road, with refuel available just before Nowra. Entry to area via Yalwal rd. Air down and quick run in along easy fire-trail, on to Mintbush track. This is an admin move. From then on, the tracks get a little heavier and rockier. We should be in the proximity of the main playground by approx 0945. From then it's spectator sport for stock vehicles. Depending on time and situation, we can take the long way out or return along the same access.

Any enquiries phone or text me 0438 212 739

If it works for you, post up so we know how many victims there will be.

CRB

CraigB
15-05-10, 04:26 PM
this trip is cancelled

easy_rider
27-05-10, 01:36 PM
Are you going to re-schedule? I would be interested

AJ
27-05-10, 07:14 PM
Same goes for me, Have heard a bit about Yalwal and 6 stage and been wanting to check it out for awhile :D