PDA

View Full Version : Hunty's TJ 2000

Hunty
23-05-10, 01:30 PM
this is a pic of my trusty steed 2000TJ - I drove this around Australia on the coast 17,000kms 2 and a bit weeks - ultimate insanity - my Jeep is and was awesome (or thats how I remember it!) - I remember driving it through the NT with the camper trailer in tow at nearly 200kph - that was before the implementation of speed limits :( - I drove it around the coast of OZ as part of an expedition survey - The result was 4 of my friends Jet skiing around OZ (a few Guiness book records were set also) to raise money for Cancer care - I see the documentary I made on National Geographic from time to time - great fun days!!!!!! - I can't get the expedition bug out of me - I would do it all again in a heart beat!
cheers Hunty
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/HuntysTJ2000.jpg

sbadman
23-05-10, 05:05 PM
Awesome! Guess that proves a TJ can be a good touring vehicle :)

Hunty
23-05-10, 06:25 PM
Hi scott
It was an awesome vehicle - I rigged up a flying doctor radio and sat phone, loaded 6 spare tyres 5 jerry cans of fuel and 4x20 litre water bottles!
I completely removed the interior and the roof - I drove it from sunrise to midnight, some days covering 1500 - 1800 km - I drove over 1000km in flooded WA with water lapping over the bonnet! - I hit an emu and completely folded over the front end! - I pulled out 2 nissan patrols and 1 old cruiser up in the gulf near burketown - they were to heavy to be able to get through the boggy sand! - lastly I got it tangled in the original telegraph wire running between SA and WA - all in all some of my best Jeep memories - cheers Hunty

Hunno
26-05-10, 09:51 PM
The S.A.N. front lawn, This would explain why I've seen the JK there in recent weeks.