PDA

View Full Version : I'm Excited - just got a new engine for my JK

Hunty
27-05-10, 08:24 PM
Hi Guyz
I took my jeep Jk 07 into SVM Jeep Chatswood a couple of weeks ago with an engine knock - turned out to be a big end bearing and conrod something or other! lol - anyway they gave me a new engine under warranty - I could not be happier!!!!! - this 2010 engine kicks but over my old 2007! I drove it home from Sydney today to the central coast and was blown away with the extra hps and torques - some of the steeper hills with the old 07 engine would necesitate dropping down a gear or 2 - I remained in 6th most of the way home!!!
:)
they also replaced the steering damper under warranty with a whole new system brackets and a comparably huge damper shocky - didnt even ask or complain about that!!!! - interestingly they only replaced the old damper 2 months ago under warranty!
:)
to add to my extreme satisfaction with SVM, on my last service I complained about a water leak with the soft top at the header and they replaced the entire channel with a newly redesigned double channel rubber thingy lol - sounds much quieter and is now high pressure car wash proof! - I will be happy to show of this amazing new rubber chanel at the next club meeting to any moldy old wet jk driver!
cheers Hunty

casey
27-05-10, 08:52 PM
I've always been really happy with the service at SVM :)

Steve F
27-05-10, 08:57 PM
SVM replaced two of my window regulators many years ago as they broke when the XJ was just out of warranty. Great service but that was probably the last time my XJ saw a dealer. Good to hear they sorted the engine issue, do you know what caused it?

Cheers
Steve

SteveC
27-05-10, 08:59 PM
Chatswood is where I go for dealer type services. They're been OK with me especially if you ask for a discount...