PDA

View Full Version : TRIP: Sugarloaf Trail 29th January

Antz
13-01-05, 12:04 AM
Just want to get an idea of number for the trip to Sugarloaf on the 29th January. (and someone to lead it?)

For those that want to, there is an option to camp overnight at Anna Bay/Stockton and meet up with the group doing the Stockton beach trip on the Sunday. (please state if you are intending to do this)

TIGGER
13-01-05, 09:46 AM
Antz i'll be in for this trip + i'll be staying near Ana Bay on the night of the 29th

BenC
13-01-05, 09:52 AM
Depends on the Jeep being ready.

Why don't you get in touch with Aliesha for trip leader help if I can't make it?

sir_camel
17-01-05, 12:24 AM
50/50 Antz. Only up for Saturday tho so i wouldnt be staying over at Anna Bay for Stockton.

Dorzun
17-01-05, 10:42 AM
I'm still keen.

wiz
17-01-05, 10:49 AM
i think i'm still up for this trip :wink: ...

although i may be up around NelsonBay/ Port Stephens from the thursday or friday 8) (don't feel like going back to work after the public holiday on wednesday :lol: ) .... will confirm next week though

Dorzun
18-01-05, 03:56 PM
Well heathers moved her weekend around so she and the little one could do this but the cj is making some strange noises around the transfer case. It's getting looked at this week so all should be OK. It's been doing it for a little while but I'd hate to break on the trail with wife and child in tow.

How many definites do we have for sugarloaf?

If there's only one or two of us maybe we should put it off till later in feb or march and maybe do a watagans trip on the way up instead. Just a suggestion at this point. as an option.

I'm happy to lead the trip as I did go up there with ben when we joined the raymond terrace guy's, but there are a few parts where I'd need to send other's up first in case we need to winch up them as I don't have one.

Thoughts and Numbers please

TIGGER
20-01-05, 02:09 PM
ok so is this trip happening or what?

Antz
20-01-05, 04:00 PM
I'm still keen for both days. Doesn't look like there will be many though.

Happy to be winch b**ch for the weekend.

Antz
20-01-05, 04:04 PM
The other thing is where to stay for the Sat night, I've only camped on the beach once and not too keen to do it again (bloody sand gets everywhere)

One Mile Beach Holiday Park at Anna Bay was suggested in the Stockton thread, might be a goer. Any other ideas?

Peter
20-01-05, 05:43 PM
I'll be coming, just for the day though.

TIGGER
20-01-05, 09:42 PM
i'll be staying in my girlfriends parents place at Nelson Bay - so no camping for me 8)

sir_camel
24-01-05, 11:05 AM
Pretty sure i will not be coming anymore fellas. Sorry

Dorzun
24-01-05, 04:52 PM
Not looking to good for me either.

I haven't had time to get mine into a shop for them, to find the mysterious grinding nosie coming from below and I don't want to be that far from home and it break.

Another trip is being planned up there for march/april so if people can wait I know I'll be going up then.

Even if I went, I'd be heading home that night.

That being the case, is anyone interested in a play around freemans waterhole. There's plenty of tracks that need checking out for future club runs and only being an hour up the Xpressway, it's better than the 2.5 - 3 hours it'll take to get to sugarloaf, particully if I need a trailer to get home.

BenC
24-01-05, 05:40 PM
So does that mean the trip is off? Is there noone that will lead it?

TIGGER
24-01-05, 06:03 PM
hmm, well if this trip is off then i'm keen for a drive either way
-what is this freemans waterhole like?

sir_camel
24-01-05, 07:47 PM
Well i am not going coz i am going Wakeboarding up at Lake Macquarie on Saturday morning and we were gonna go check out Freemans or somewhere in the Watagans after lunch on Saturday. 2 TJ's, Stock Zook and a stock Lux.

TIGGER
25-01-05, 03:19 PM
So it looks like the only guys up for the sugarloaf trip are

Antz
Wiz (?)
Peter
Tigger

I'm not going to lead it considering that i have no idea where it is...

Anyone else? I need to know asap so i can plan my weekend.

Antz
25-01-05, 03:25 PM
Looks like this trip is jinxed, I'm a bit wobbly now will know on Wed.

Dorzun
25-01-05, 03:44 PM
It doesn't look like anyone that's going, cep't for Peter, has done the track b4.

I want to do it but as said it's just that bit too far to drive a dodgy jeep and it's miles from anywhere if it does break.

I'm still keen to get out on saturday to Freemans, or even the watagans.

Mark, maybe we could hook up in the arvo.

If you are keen for Freemans on saturday, let me know and I'll lead it. It'd be a bit of an explore day as I've only been through there once and it was getting on dark so I did not pay to much attention to side tracks, but I have GPS and the area is not too big that you'd get lost.

TIGGER
25-01-05, 04:14 PM
EDIT: i'm out for saturday now :roll: - see you at stockton

Dorzun
27-01-05, 10:16 AM
So who's up for some play at Freemans then?

If you are call me on 041 044 0988 sso we can arrange meeting place and time.

I'm thinking off heading off from my place in Hornsby about 9.30 - 10AM. It's about 45minutes up the F3 from there.

TIGGER
27-01-05, 10:54 AM
alright brad i've convinced the GF - count me in for freemans as long as im out of there at a reasonable time. 8)

sir_camel
27-01-05, 11:24 AM
Hmmmm i am going to Wave Aid now so count me out. Sorry Brad.

This is the Oils farewell gig they never did.

wiz
27-01-05, 12:18 PM
go away for a while and look what happens :roll:

TIGGER
27-01-05, 12:47 PM
come to freemans wiz :wink:

Dorzun
27-01-05, 03:31 PM
yeh come on Wiz. Have started a new topic for it as well.

won't be too long a day, and if it's hot you could always stop at my place on the way home for a swim and a cold beer.

Peter
28-01-05, 11:49 AM
So is this trip officially cancelled?

Antz
28-01-05, 12:15 PM
Yes, I think we can call it officially canceled :cry:

wiz
28-01-05, 07:36 PM
yeh come on Wiz.
if it's hot you could always stop at my place on the way home for a swim and a cold beer.

as tempting as it sounds d00d ....
i have now been forced into home reno's :oops: ... and out of jp mods :? ... for the time being at least :wink:

CasaDeWiz is being rebuilt for future post-Appin bbq shin-digs :lol:

have fun guys ... i know i will :roll: