PDA

View Full Version : JK Recall

Bear
18-06-10, 07:53 AM
Received a letter from Chrysler on Thursday. My JK is being recalled to have the steering damper replaced before it fails. Booked in to have the work done Monday,Supposed to only take 1/2 hour..............

Steve F
18-06-10, 07:57 AM
About time they did a recall on this, they've been replacing them after the failure at the moment which has normally meant big death wobbles and then a fix when you go to the dealer.

Cheers
Steve

Bear
21-06-10, 08:09 AM
What a waste of time! When I rang on Friday to make the appointment I was assured that Penrith had the required parts available.
Arrived at the service dept. at 7:20am, was fifth in the queue,got to the desk showed the guy the letter from Chrysler, only to be told "sorry mate we don't have the parts, and won't have for 3 weeks", apparantely there are none in Australia at the moment.
I suggested I buy a "rugged ridge " damper ,fit it myself and bill Chrysler. That really put a cat amongst the pidgeons.

Bruce Kerney
21-06-10, 01:01 PM
Penrith still haven't improved their customer service skills, nothing new

Bear
14-07-10, 04:58 PM
Received a call from Nepean Motor Group (Penrith Jeep Dealer) to book the JK in again for the steering damper replacement, 2nd attempt, on Tuesday 20/07/10. They have assured me they have the parts in stock (this also happened last time), so I will wait and see what happens now.

Bear
20-07-10, 11:42 AM
Took the JK in today to have the steering damper replaced. It took all of 35 mins to complete the job.
Well done Nepean Motor Group!!