PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a Jeep in/near Sydney

Splashdown
14-07-10, 08:26 PM
I live in Canberra, and before you all start... no I am not a public servant!

Over the past few months I have been investigating vehicle options and came to the conclusion that the new 4-door wrangler would do me just fine. So I went to see my local dealer and went for a test drive. All good, I thought I better check out what the wife thinks, so we go back for another test drive on the weekend. All still good, and we work up a set of options and a price.

Go back in Wednesday to put down the deposit, and my super friendly salesman has now got a case of selective memory.
Basically he would not honour the price/options agreed on the previous weekend.

As I have no tolerance for this sort of BS, I walked out the door.

So ....

Anyone know a good dealer in Sydney?

I am looking for the following spec:

Wrangler Unlimited 2010 model
Diesel (turbo)
Manual 6-speed
Flame Red
Hard-Top (I believe I need to buy the renegade pack to get this, and therefore end up with the soft top and hard top)
Off-Road group
Optional Side airbags
Tow Bar
5-year warranty

Cheers!

Lloyd

SteveC
15-07-10, 11:55 AM
I've got to say the Dealer In Chatswood, Sydney, North Shore has been very good to me for service and is very flexible with helping out. Though I never bought the Jeep from them

reyzor
15-07-10, 11:59 AM
yeah i second svm at chatswood.....im sure they can get what u want....

Bear
15-07-10, 02:33 PM
I purchased my JK from Nepean Motor Group Penrith. I found the sales staff very obliging and was able to secure a satisfactory deal.

stevet
15-07-10, 09:10 PM
Hi Lloyd
If you could live without the deisel, go for a Rubicon but please don't any Non-Rubi unlimited owners shoot me as I do only have just own a TJ now don't forget!!. Only ever chased a lot of spare parts for the older ZJ grand before the TJ but always found that Nepean Motor Group were always the cheapest by up to $25.00 for some parts (electric's/ hard parts etc) then any other Jeep dealer in Sydney..( But they did go belly up 18 months or so ago but they have traded through that period?) Can not make a comment a sales folks, but one day............................................... ..
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Splashdown
15-07-10, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the responses so far guys.

I am a bit curious to steves comment. I realize the rubi has the better diff setup, but I just cannot live with a petrol after driving the diesel. And the off-road group gives all but the front diff for a fairly good price.

Wish they had brought out a diesel rubi but. Poor market research on their part I think...

sbadman
16-07-10, 06:07 AM
The Rubi also get's 4:1 ratios in the diffs and transfer case which you don't get in the off-road group, but as an owner of the classic AMC derived 4.0L (the last of the great Jeep petrol engines!) the idea of a mini-van motor in a Jeep still has me umming and ahhing :)

reyzor
16-07-10, 03:59 PM
cant honestly say that ive ever wanted more power out of the jk petrol motor... maybe a little less thirsty but not really the reason i brought a jk..... if i wanted a cheap car on fuel id have got a hyundai excel...

stevet
16-07-10, 05:40 PM
Don't know much about either new motor but think I would faint for a repair bill on a desiel after warrenty time after hearing about the XJ desiel repair costs buts that's another life.
Both the Jeeps are great straight out of the box so to speak but have had some time in both so prefer a Rubicon at any time. There was a desiel released Rubi in Italy a few years back but they never made it here. Would sell maddly here if available................ As for petrol/desiel usage-- depends on how big/heavy your right foot is really................
P.S. Don't forget to get an auto??? being an autofile myself.....................
Stephen T.

TRBN8R
16-07-10, 06:19 PM
Hi Lloyd

If u go to Nepean Motor Group in Penrith see Guy Oakes in Jeep Sales section. He is a great guy. Gave me a good deal on the Jeep also got great value on my trade in. You might get it even better if you mention Bear (Reg Hill) President SJC in the conversation. Also talk to him over the phone (02-4724 5555) I think they offer free overnight accomodation at The Penrith Panthers for interstate customers.

Mani

Splashdown
20-07-10, 09:52 PM
Thanks everyone.

The guys at Nepean Motor Group are putting a price together for me tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see the difference to the local guys.

Cheers all!

Splashdown
20-07-10, 09:53 PM
PS: Sorry Stevet... I hate slush-boxes with a vengeance.

Splashdown
21-07-10, 07:56 PM
Well I got my email back from Nepean.

They tell me the Off Road Group is no longer available.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Steve F
21-07-10, 08:03 PM
Well I got my email back from Nepean.

They tell me the Off Road Group is no longer available.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Yep, not available on the 2011 JK. Apparently the D44 in the rear is also being replaced with the Chrysler 8.25

Cheers
Steve

glend
21-07-10, 08:13 PM
Give Gary Davies (Sales Manager) a ring at Peter Warren Chrysler Jeep (Warwick Farm). Their service area is the pits but Gary is very good at finding inbound vehicles. He help me track down a JK Unlimited CRD for my son who lives in central Qld. Gary searched the inbound boats and found what my son wanted and put a hold on it, had it delivered to his yardin Sydney. I went out and inspected it and confirmed to my son. Gary and my son did the paperwork via email and fax. Gary then shipped it via road transport up to my son. I also bought my 2007 KJ CRD from Gary after no one else in Sydney could find the colour I wanted. Can't hurt to ask.

PONYKID
25-07-10, 12:57 AM
If u go to Nepean Motor Group in Penrith see Guy Oakes in Jeep Sales section. He is a great guy.

I second that. Have known Guy since I was a kid. He's a friend of the family we met via the Chrysler Restorer's Club of Aust.

Splashdown
22-08-10, 01:21 PM
Thank for all the advice guys.

I picked this up yesterday from NMG. In the end I decided to go a standard diesel manual.

Now all I need is some more money to pimp it out!

Already saving the pennies for an ARB front bar.
Anyone have this bar on? any opinions on the best front bar?

stevet
22-08-10, 03:16 PM
Thank for all the advice guys.

I picked this up yesterday from NMG. In the end I decided to go a standard diesel manual.

Now all I need is some more money to pimp it out!
Already saving the pennies for an ARB front bar.
Anyone have this bar on? any opinions on the best front bar?
So your journey begin'sssssssssssssssssssssssssss:). They are all mighty rig's straight out from the box but just love the Rubicon's set-up from standard ( in others words "Dream on SteveT").............................. Should be seeing you around shortly & black is hard to keep clean until the kids grow up:D being a black TJer myself! Find these things out as you get older so to speak;D......................
Cheers,
Stephen T.
P.S. uuuuummmmm nice choice......................

stevet
22-08-10, 03:34 PM
PS: Sorry Stevet... I hate slush-boxes with a vengeance.
P.S. Got to help you out here.... They are actually called "Lust Boxes:)" by manual drivers whenever they dream about Jeeps or get stuck in Sydney's highway pleasures. :p:)

Splashdown
22-08-10, 06:13 PM
I don't plan to be stuck in Sydney traffic much.
I've had autos in the past and I can see the benefit.
Guess I'm just a bit old school.