PDA

View Full Version : Phils JK Rubicon

1stJeep
01-08-10, 09:54 AM
Had it for a few weeks now.. Still way to shiny. Had it out on a local playground, hung it up on the front diff and stabiliser.

Just joined the club and looking forward to some good trips. I'm in Woongarrah on the Central Coast, so will likely join in on some local trips.

So far..
2010 Unlimited Rubicon
ARB Front & Rear Bars
Magnum 9K with Synthetic Rope
OME Lift (soon to be Poly Performance)
Longranger fuel tank
Procomp 7089 Series 17x8's
MT MTZ's 315/70/17
Safari Snorkel
ARB Compressor
Icom UHF

1stJeep
16-08-10, 06:06 PM
Took a last minute trip to Barrington on Sunday. Stayed over night for some peace!

TRBN8R
16-08-10, 06:13 PM
Nice Jeep Mate

Welcome 3 the club.

Mani

1stJeep
18-08-10, 08:07 PM
Put 35's on today. Need to a bit of trimming of the sliders and the pinch seam (apparently) But it looks even better than it did with the 33's.
So by the end of the week I should receive a delivery of a 4.5" lift kit from Double Black Off Road. Along with front and rear LCA's, bumpstops, rear swaybar links,F&R track bar mounts, rear shock mount relocation. High steer draglink kit. Thankfully all this also relocates the stabilizer out of the way!
Here are some pics with the new tyres.

Oh yeah DBOR's flatty flares are going on too.

MOP44R
19-08-10, 12:05 AM
Put 35's on today. Need to a bit of trimming of the sliders and the pinch seam (apparently) But it looks even better than it did with the 33's.
So by the end of the week I should receive a delivery of a 4.5" lift kit from Double Black Off Road. Along with front and rear LCA's, bumpstops, rear swaybar links,F&R track bar mounts, rear shock mount relocation. High steer draglink kit. Thankfully all this also relocates the stabilizer out of the way!
Here are some pics with the new tyres.

Oh yeah DBOR's flatty flares are going on too.

Really nice mate, interested in seeing the lift when its down mate.

What made you go DDOR instead of AEV lift..?

1stJeep
19-08-10, 07:54 AM
the inclusion of everything AEV do (except procal, already have that anyway) plus the f&r LCA's and high steer. Cost about 400 more though. Every person that i have spoken to about the PP stuff has raved, plus DBOR did a good sales pitch on me.. I had to decide eventually between RE, AEV and PP.

MOP44R
19-08-10, 09:44 AM
the inclusion of everything AEV do (except procal, already have that anyway) plus the f&r LCA's and high steer. Cost about 400 more though. Every person that i have spoken to about the PP stuff has raved, plus DBOR did a good sales pitch on me.. I had to decide eventually between RE, AEV and PP.

Looking forward to seeing that fitted and out on a trip mate.

1stJeep
20-08-10, 09:27 PM
Well the courier only made it as far as Gosford at 5pm. So no bits to install this weekend. I was starting to feel confident about doing the install, now with an extra week to think about it I hope I don't talk myself out of DIY!

1stJeep
24-08-10, 10:37 PM
Just finished installing the front and rear Poly Performance lower control arms. Will be installing the PP 4.5 lift tomorrow (and probably over the next few days). Also got to finish installing the DBOR Flatty flares, had an issue with the nutserts and my knuckles. So hopefully will have a brand new tool tomorrow to assist in a simpler install. Also got to install the high steer and the track bar relocation brackets, the shock mounts etc etc.. Will post some pics when all done.

1stJeep
27-08-10, 08:43 PM
Finally finished... A lot less skin on my knuckles and own a few more tools I may never use again! But I had a great time. Took me since Monday night each night after work until late!

Hardest part was putting in the LCA's. Doing it on your own is not easy. Ended up using some rachet straps to pull the diffs back.

Going in for an alignment tomorrow then on Sunday down to the show. Sadly I am still missing one flare as I can't get the nutserts to seat. I ordered a new tool on Monday but it didn't arrive before the weekend. Hope Mr Plod is understanding!

David Eyles
28-08-10, 10:16 PM
Mate you are missing a very important piece of kit now

A step ladder

haha nice lift - I can park my TJ underneath for some shade

1stJeep
02-10-11, 09:55 PM
been over a year since I posted in here. JKJEEP doesn't look much like it did on the first page..

Latest mods, off with the ARB bars and on with Poison Spyder.
Elka Shocks replace the Poly's
Cobeau seats
Warn replaces Magnum
Finished the suspension with UCA's and Teraflex Speedbumps
Teraflex Big Brake Kit & Master Cylinder
37" MTZ's & JE Reel Front & Rear shafts
RCV Axles
Rigid Industries Dually D2's x 2 replace the IPF HID's

SKIZZI
02-10-11, 10:20 PM
How the hell did you get it to shine like that again ??

Nice transformation

Nekked
10-10-11, 01:03 PM
Looks awesome, very clean work. Nice Job...!

D.K.
11-10-11, 10:30 PM
Like the look of the Dually D2 LED's.:)
How are the Corbeau seats?

1stJeep
27-10-11, 10:33 AM
The seats are very comfy. Only negative is that the seat base is too low. I'm used to it now, but would be better if it sat up an inch or two higher.