PDA

View Full Version : Ladies/novice day 12/09/2010 @Zig Zag

Bear
07-08-10, 02:14 PM
Come on ladies this is your chance to get out of the passenger seat and into the drivers seat.
This is the opportunity for novices to learn/gain experience at off road driving under the guidance of Stevet.
Hopefully we will have as much fun as when we did this in 2008 and the ladies gained bragging rights.

Usual requirements apply, recovery points front and rear,recovery gear, UHF radio.

Bring your cameras to record your achievements, lunch etc.

Meet Maccas Richmond 08:00am depart 08:15am

Limit 15 cars or a 2nd leader will be required

Steve F
07-08-10, 03:21 PM
I could run as a 2nd trip leader if required or assist Steve if there are more takers, either way I'm keen to get along. Oh and last time there were plenty of novice girls AND guys keen to get some experience as well, so just because you're not a member of the fairer sex don't think you aren't welcome to come along. Last time we did hill descents, snatch recovery, hill climbs and much more along with all the basics like gear selection etc.

Cheers
Steve

TRBN8R
07-08-10, 07:12 PM
Hi Mr Bear

Please put me down for this trip. Dolly will be learning a few moves.

Mani

Bear
09-08-10, 10:21 AM
Note change of date to Sunday 12/09/2010.
When originally posted I did not realise 05/09 is fathers day.

Hopefully a few more ladies will be able to convince their partners to let them participate in what can be a fun day out

Wooders
09-08-10, 04:19 PM
MeiMei was interested - I'll let you know......

khalak
09-08-10, 04:20 PM
Put me down for this one.

I will have a passenger, who I *MIGHT* be able to persuade to drive some of it. She is worried she will crash my Jeep..

stevet
09-08-10, 05:46 PM
Put me down for this one.

I will have a passenger, who I *MIGHT* be able to persuade to drive some of it. She is worried she will crash my Jeep..
That leaves the bigger question ?? What does she get for not breaking the Jeep??...............................

TRBN8R
09-08-10, 08:51 PM
Oops gotta work on the 12th. Will try to arrange a swap shift.

TK421
12-08-10, 10:59 PM
Count us in. We'll have our new wheels by then hopefully. There will be 4 in our vehicle. Thanks.

tonysrich
14-08-10, 01:40 AM
I’ll volunteer my wife Ekbal for this one. Haven’t told her yet but I won’t let her back out. It’s important to me that she gets to have some fun in our rig, it was purchased from the money we had put away to renovate our kitchen after all (you can’t drive a kitchen to the cape) so it belongs to the family, not just me and I want her to be comfortable driving it off road.

Trouble is though that while she would want me to come along on the trip both of us would feel more comfortable if I wasn’t in the car with her when she is driving. I do want to come along to encourage her so is there anyone thinking of going that could take a passenger?

stevet
14-08-10, 05:15 PM
I’ll volunteer my wife Ekbal for this one. Haven’t told her yet but I won’t let her back out. It’s important to me that she gets to have some fun in our rig, it was purchased from the money we had put away to renovate our kitchen after all (you can’t drive a kitchen to the cape) so it belongs to the family, not just me and I want her to be comfortable driving it off road.

Trouble is though that while she would want me to come along on the trip both of us would feel more comfortable if I wasn’t in the car with her when she is driving. I do want to come along to encourage her so is there anyone thinking of going that could take a passenger?
Don't worry at all, let Ekbal know that we will have enough "Duck tape" available for unruly/eerrrrr partners on the day if needed???...............
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Steve F
19-08-10, 08:04 PM
Cant make this now if you needed help, sorry.

Cheers
Steve

Bear
21-08-10, 05:03 PM
Stevet and myself went to ZZ today to do a recce as a alot of areas are being re-vegetated.
The idea was to find some track suitable for those with little or no experience. Then onto
something more adventurous as peoples skills develop

Just hope that on the day it is a little warmer, it was snowing while we were there.

Bear
21-08-10, 05:11 PM
We have called this "Ladies Day", but it is not limited to the fairer sex, so don't be put off by the title.

It is aimed at the partners of our members, and any one who would like to discover the capabilities of their Jeep vehicles

TRBN8R
21-08-10, 08:14 PM
Hi Mr Bear

I apologise we cant make it. Couldnt arrange a shift swap.

Mani

stevet
02-09-10, 01:55 PM
Bumping back up top:). Come on folk's, post-up if you want to attend on the day. Need to know numbers attending ASAP to get myself organised for the day :o:)............................... Stephen T.

reyzor
02-09-10, 02:46 PM
yeah i'll try to come along with a friend of mine....we are going to the rugby the night before.... depending if the all blacks win or not will determine how late the night might be........

stevet
02-09-10, 03:03 PM
yeah i'll try to come along with a friend of mine....we are going to the rugby the night before.... depending if the all blacks win or not will determine how late the night might be........
Think the weekend should be the other way around so could invite the "All Blacks" along for the run and we could "rattle" a few before the game so you could have a late Sunday night when the Wallabies win:p:), going for the Wallabies myself:D.......................................

Hunno
02-09-10, 03:52 PM
think the weekend should be the other way around so could invite the "all blacks" along for the run and we could "rattle" a few before the game so you could have a late sunday night when the wallabies win:p:), going for the wallabies myself:d.......................................

go you good thing!!!!!!!!!!!

reyzor
02-09-10, 05:47 PM
should we talk about rugby in another thread..... if you want i can rattle off a few stats showing how superior the all blacks are to the rest of teh world.... much like a JK over any other jeep :P

stevet
02-09-10, 07:27 PM
should we talk about rugby in another thread..... if you want i can rattle off a few stats showing how superior the all blacks are to the rest of teh world.... much like a JK over any other jeep :P
Naaah! Never actually played a game of ruby in my life (sorry one game at inside centre but never got to touch the ball once in the whole game- five eight a hero:rolleyes:, every pass straight for him to kick ) or ever been to a game either for that matter. Thought the stat's bit was already proven:(, no need to rub it in, we are allowed to dream:)........................
JK's, yes I would be peed more if they had regressed. Next model should be interesting one day! Still believe Jeep rules, getting to know it's potential, learning to trust the Jeep, then driver skill/ability behind the wheel and finally the last segament a decent spotter who you know/trust and they know what you & the Jeep can do together so to speak.................................Getting back to the thread, anyone else interested in the day. Please post up if interested in attending:)................... Stephen T.

Wooders
02-09-10, 10:44 PM
As said at the meeting - we are a definate. And yes Mei Mei will be driving her TJ.

stevet
02-09-10, 11:15 PM
As said at the meeting - we are a definate. And yes Mei Mei will be driving her TJ.
Getting better all the time:)...................

Bear
03-09-10, 08:30 AM
So far we have the following nominations for this trip:-

1) Stevet
2) Bear---------------OUT
3) Tonysrich
4) Khalak
5) Xandro------------OUT
6) Reyzor
7) Wooders----------OUT
8) Wolfe
9) Rob & Tanya
10)Memfis
11)Ponykid ??
12)Sebastian
13)Carmit and Oran ??? (possible new members}--OUT
14)Gp
15)ZJtoo

We will meet at Maccas Richmond 08:00am depart 08:15-----08:30am and convoy to Zig Zag.

If you are running late or are a no show ring me 0412 397 264.

Remember to bring lunch, drinks (non alcoholic), camera, recovery gear, UHF radio,and most of all a sense of humour.

Bear

Rob&Tanya
03-09-10, 09:45 AM
Count us in. This is our first Jeep so will be good to see how it handles compared to our old Patrol. I will start psyching myself up to have a crack at driving it!!!
Cheers Tanya (of Rob & Tanya)

stevet
03-09-10, 10:37 AM
Count us in. This is our first Jeep so will be good to see how it handles compared to our old Patrol. I will start psyching myself up to have a crack at driving it!!!
Cheers Tanya (of Rob & Tanya)
See you folk's on the day.............. Stephen T.

memfis
03-09-10, 08:12 PM
hi my im new to this and i wood like to cume by the way my name is mick

PONYKID
03-09-10, 08:44 PM
Will be there work permitting.

reyzor
06-09-10, 03:04 PM
is this a kid friendly trip? is anyone else bringing em?

gp
06-09-10, 04:33 PM
Yes I would like to attend, it's about time for me to get out there.

Steve F
06-09-10, 05:01 PM
is this a kid friendly trip? is anyone else bringing em?

If it helps I take my kids on most trips and its really only the A grade stuff that it can get awkward, you just have to remember PJ's on those ones ;) Wooders will have Martin there I'd imagine (almost 5).

Cheers
Steve

Bear
06-09-10, 05:03 PM
Reyzor, it could be boring for kids it depends on their age. Some enjoy it immensely, some get bored out of their skulls. As to if there will be kids on the trip it is not known, but they are certainly welcome.

Bear.

reyzor
06-09-10, 05:21 PM
cheers for the replies...... we'll see how we go, but id say 99% we will bring her

TRBN8R
06-09-10, 10:43 PM
Hi all

I was at Zigzag today with a novice friend of mine in a stock standard KK Cherokee. Tracks were a bit wet and slushy from the recent rain and we had a lot of fun. I think it will dry up a bit by next week. The KK performed well for a stock car and a novice driver, though I had to teach him how to get the most out of his traction control system.

The newies will love it.

Mani

zjtoo
07-09-10, 07:40 PM
I shall be there on sunday to give you a hand if you need steve

Ray

stevet
07-09-10, 08:32 PM
I shall be there on sunday to give you a hand if you need steve

Ray
Cool. Looks like the run is full:).

TK421
07-09-10, 11:38 PM
Due to mechanical trouble and suspension issues I have to pull out. My machine will not make it past the first speed hump I am sorry. I was hoping to have the new spring in but they have not arrived from Qld yet and the dude cannot not it until next week.
Sorry Bear.

Bear
07-09-10, 11:52 PM
There have been cancellations, so 3 spots have opened up if any one is interested.

reyzor
08-09-10, 11:30 AM
just wondering what the trip will consist of? are we jsut driving around c/b grade tracks or are we doing demos etc?

Steve F
08-09-10, 12:03 PM
just wondering what the trip will consist of? are we jsut driving around c/b grade tracks or are we doing demos etc?

The last one included demos and then everyone having a go etc, as an example Steve T got bogged and recovered in the same spot around 10 times so everyone could practice a snatch recovery etc.

Cheers
Steve

reyzor
08-09-10, 02:57 PM
cheers steve....

stevet
08-09-10, 07:34 PM
So far we have the following nominations for this trip:-

1) Stevet
2) Bear---------------OUT
3) Tonysrich
4) Khalak
5) Xandro------------OUT
6) Reyzor
7) Wooders
8) Wolfe
9) Rob & Tanya
10)Memfis
11)Ponykid ??
12)Sebastian
13)Carmit and Oran ??? (possible new members}
14)Gp
15)ZJtoo

We will meet at Maccas Richmond 08:00am depart 08:15-----08:30am and convoy to Zig Zag.

If you are running late or are a no show ring me 0412 397 264.

Remember to bring lunch, drinks (non alcoholic), camera, recovery gear, UHF radio,and most of all a sense of humour.

Bear
Don't wake the sleeping bear on Sunday morning if you are running late:). Ring me instead:).
Mob. No. 0412 707903..............
Stephen T.

Bear
08-09-10, 10:43 PM
Sorry guys I am out this one, grounded medically.Could be off trips for a while. Not allowed to get feet or ankles wet, muddy, or dusty,while I have open wounds because of the risk of infection.

reyzor
09-09-10, 11:16 AM
hope u get better soon bear....

Maggie
09-09-10, 05:15 PM
hope u get better soon bear....

Thanks Rey, he looks like a mummy from the knees down, he is swathed in bandages including his feet. Thanks also for those members who pm'd him. He is fine, sitting back being waited on.

Maggie.

Hunno
09-09-10, 05:53 PM
Thanks Rey, he looks like a mummy from the knees down, he is swathed in bandages including his feet. Thanks also for those members who pm'd him. He is fine, sitting back being waited on.

Maggie.

Lap it up while you can.
But get better soon so we can get back out there.

Bear
09-09-10, 07:05 PM
Thanks to the members that have rang and pm'd me. I am not sick but have a diabetes related injury. At easter this year I hit my shin on a towbar and due to the diabetes the wound refuses to heal and has spread. I was at Blacktown hospital for treatment yesterday, and have been forbiden to get the dressing wet,muddy ,or dusty, any source of contamination.So as soon as I am healed I will be back on the trails.

Bear
10-09-10, 02:33 PM
Carmit and Oran are out for this trip. Advised via e-mail

stevet
10-09-10, 08:54 PM
Remember to remove any standard "hard plastic" type factory mud flaps before the run, usually about 3 screws holding them on. Easier to put back on at the end of the day as well when they are intact/not ripped-off from the mounting points:eek::)........................
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Wooders
11-09-10, 01:01 AM
Sorry guys I;m out - We haven't driven the hairdresser for a few weeks and I don't realise the danged thing is out of Rego.
Volvo is preparing for the knife for new diffs so it's not going.
So will put it out this time - but keen for the next run.
B8FF5410-B853-EF6A-1BBD-67646B13F1C0

tonysrich
11-09-10, 01:32 PM
My Jeep's broke and I'm only a 50/50 bet to have it fixed for tomorrow so you may want to put the next person on the waiting list on standby.

I'll know for sure by mid afternoon and I will post as soon as I know for sure

David Eyles
11-09-10, 01:37 PM
Hey folks - do you ever run these on a Saturday - as a full time Salvo I rarely get a Sunday to my self

Very keen just to do some wheeling close to Sydney

tonysrich
11-09-10, 02:16 PM
Who am I kidding.
I've got more chance of winning lotto than I have of being ready for the run tomorrow.
I'm out

Wolfe
11-09-10, 02:27 PM
Hey folks - do you ever run these on a Saturday - as a full time Salvo I rarely get a Sunday to my self

Very keen just to do some wheeling close to Sydney

Yes the run is tomorrow Sunday and we have at least two Vacancies I think

Wolfe
11-09-10, 02:27 PM
Who am I kidding.
I've got more chance of winning lotto than I have of being ready for the run tomorrow.
I'm out

Yep, know the feeling, I think i'm riding shotgun with Steve T

sbadman
11-09-10, 11:23 PM
We're 100% confirmed, see everyone in the morning....

memfis
12-09-10, 05:13 PM
thanks had a ball mad it home
tyres are still up at 38psi thay have stoped leaking now will still get new ones just be on safe side
thanks again
mick

Wolfe
12-09-10, 10:45 PM
Great Day, Thanks again Steve. Good job to all, could someone post up some pics please

PONYKID
13-09-10, 01:06 AM
Glad you got home safely Mick without any further deflation problems!

Thanks to Steve T for leading the trip, it was a great day out and very educational. Was also good to catch up with some familar faces and to meet some new ones!

Photos that won't be used for the magazine will be uploaded soon (tomorrow maybe) - I'll leave that up to Mr Editor.

khalak
13-09-10, 08:50 AM
A great day indeed, the only unfortunate part is that I now don't get to drive my jeep every again :(

Cat will be writing up a trip report for Mr Editor from the newbie perspective.

PONYKID
16-09-10, 04:32 PM
Since Mr Editor didn't bother sorting them out, here's the lot:

http://thumb0.webshots.net/t/76/176/7/93/29/2349793290062942900dQdRuU_th.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/album/578587912GFQNRV)