PDA

View Full Version : Jambo back to Sydney via the Snowy?

Hunno
20-08-10, 06:42 PM
Started thinking about Jambo & the trip home.

As I'm in no hurry to get back. I have started to think about coming back thought the snowy.
The Snow season closes at the end of the long weekend but I'm unsure if the roads will be open after then, Does anybody know?

Also looking for suggestions as to a route back through. Not really looking for extreme run just some fun & avoiding the same old boring drive home.

Maybe stay in a Pub or two as I think it will still be to cold & I'll be over camping by then.

So anyone with any suggestions or would like to join me for the trip is more than welcome.

Dave
21-08-10, 12:04 PM
Hey Hunno,

As I mentioned on the Jambo thread, the Barry Way is a nice run, some dirt but not challenging (unless it snows). Head east from Jambo to Bairndale near Lakes Entrance, then North to Bruthen, keep right to Buchan (Caves and camping, a motel and a nice pub). Then keep going North following the Snowy River all the way to Jindabyne. Then back to Sydney either via Canberra (the quick way) or through Kosciuszco Park to Tumut (got some good pubs there too), Gundagai then up the Hume to Sydney.

OR, before you get to Jindabyne, you hang a right, past Little River Gorge (deepest in Vic) then on throug Delegate and Bombala to Pambula / Merimbula. Good pub there too from memory. Then up the NSW coast to Syd. I'm tempted, no fixed plans as yet.

Dave