PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Bylong- Unable to go to the Jambo?? 02/10--04/10/2010

stevet
16-09-10, 08:49 PM
Hi folk's,
The landowner at Bylong, has invited members of the SJC, who are unable to attend the Jambo in Victoria over the October long weekend-- 02/10--to 04/10/2010:(, to use his property as an alternate club run there for the long weekend in October:)...............
Object of the weekend is for camping in a relaxed atmosphere and wheeling about on the tracks there.
Grade of the tracks varies from "C" grade through to "A" grade. Some "A+" grade tracks are still being developed............
All campers will need to be self-sufficient with all their personal needs eg drinking water, food, cooking utensils etc for the duration as the club gear( BBQ,garzebo's etc) are already booked for Jambo use, but you can visit Bylong shop for any extra wants about 15 minutes away........
Ample wood available for camp fire etc... Bring a drag chain if possible to help replenish/replace wood supply at camp site over the weekend..............
All garbage to be taken from the property by campers............
Usual requirements apply for recovery gear and radio's..
Be advised to fit Fly Mesh or something similar across your radiator to prevent grass seeds & grass hoppers blocking your radiator fins which may cause overheating.
Please post up if you want to attend by Monday 27/09/2010 so I may inform the land owner of any intent to use his property on the long weekend.
After posting up please PM me your details-- Name, vehicle type, Rego No., number of persons attending with you in your vehicle.............
Departure --- Saturday 02/10/2010, Access may be available on Friday 01/10/2010 if enough folks can/want to travel up to Bylong on that day......
Meet --- @ Richmond Macca's,
Time --- 7.45a.m, On the road by 8.15a.m, to convoy up to Bylong..............
If you need any further info contact....... Stephen T., Mob.No. 0412-707903:)

PONYKID
17-09-10, 12:52 AM
Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE Bylong, we cannot make this one as I have an important horse show that same weekend and have to work public holiday Monday (I always manage to get out of them to go to Bylong but thought it was time I better do one).

PS. Steve if you go, would you mind picking up my green headstall/maroon leadrope that I left there the other weekend? I think it got left in the shed but I need it at home.

TRBN8R
17-09-10, 05:57 AM
Sorry Mr T.

I would have loved to come but planned to take the family to Canberra for floriade the same weekend.

Mani

stevet
17-09-10, 08:34 PM
Sorry Mr T.

I would have loved to come but planned to take the family to Canberra for floriade the same weekend.

Mani
Have not been to the Floriade festival since 1983:o when I lived in Canberra for a while........... Good weekend if you are into it........:)
No worries Ponykid. Will get B.K. to show me what it is, but not colour blind either:).............................

PONYKID
18-09-10, 01:20 AM
No worries Ponykid. Will get B.K. to show me what it is, but not colour blind either:).............................

Sorry no more off topic posts from me now!

Bear
18-09-10, 08:09 AM
This trip would be ideal for members who have recently joined the club, and have little or no off road driving experience.
Come camping on 800 acres in the Bylong valley, build up a bond with fellow club members.
The trails are ideal to learn on. Easy for beginers through to trails suitable for 4x4 competition exponents.
All levels of skill and vehicle development are catered for.

Anyone requiring more detail regarding the property ring me on
0412 397 264

Bear

stevet
27-09-10, 08:58 AM
The proposed club run to Bylong this coming long weekend is CANCELLED due to a lack of numbers wanting to attend............................................ ......
Thank you Bruce K. for offering the use of your property over the October long weekend period................
Cheers,
Stephen T.....................................