PDA

View Full Version : Short notice weekend trip to Lithgow

tonysrich
21-09-10, 10:03 AM
JB and I made a spur of the moment decision to take the camper trailer and spend the weekend driving around Lithgow.

On Saturday we’ll briefly practice manoeuvring and reversing while towing a trailer before heading along the Power Lines to see just where you can and can’t take a trailer off road. JB did a lot of driver training with trailers while he was in the Army so he’ll be helping me to get the turn left to go right thing happening as well as being on recovery duty. We’ll make camp in the afternoon and head out after dinner for a little night drive.

On Sunday we will find someplace to park the trailer and head out to Lake Lyall so JB can show me what I missed last weekend.

I know its short notice but if anyone is interested in joining us we could make it a club trip. Staying for the weekend and camping isn’t mandatory. Anyone is welcome to join us for any part of the weekend, the day drive on either Saturday or Sunday and/or the night drive Saturday night.

You don’t need to have a trailer to come on Saturday either. We should be covering a fair distance along the power lines track to satisfy most people and I am sure that I will get myself into some interesting situations which will provide plenty of opportunities for recovery practice (as well as some comedy relief).

So if anyone is interested I will run it as a club trip and work out some times and meeting places to suit.

Steve F
21-09-10, 10:24 AM
Sounds good but I'll be packing for Jambo this weekend.

Cheers
Steve

Miraz
21-09-10, 01:11 PM
I might be up for a little shake down run to test the new suspension before Jambo...

Hunno
21-09-10, 02:46 PM
Same as Steve but I want to get back there soon, as I know how the old Jeep went up there.

Sebastian
21-09-10, 09:26 PM
I'm interested and won't mind camping and a little night driving

tonysrich
23-09-10, 07:11 PM
There doesn't seem to be enough response to bother making this a club trip but anyone who wants to come along is still welcome. If you want to come along you may as well txt or email me directly.

Tony
tonysrich@optus.net