PDA

View Full Version : Jambo Convoys -Post them up

Steve F
21-09-10, 10:28 AM
This thread is just for organising convoys to Jambo as it looks like we may have a few.

Anyway, if anyone is interested I'm going down early Wednesday morning either camping or motelling close to the site on Wednesday night and getting into the site early Thursday. Anyone interested in joining me let me know via PM so this thread doesn't get clogged up.

I expect to leave Hornsby around 7:00am, possibly earlier in an attempt to avoid some morning work traffic.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
21-09-10, 11:55 AM
We're planning to head off on Wednesday afternoon, then stop overnight at Nimmitabel (between cooma & Bombala). Also about halfway between home & jambo site.
Thursday AM we'll head off down the Monaroo hwy to the jambo site via Barnsdale - I'd like to get to the Jambo site before lunch on Thursday.
So far our convoy is:
Jeep1 - Me, MeiMei & Martin.
Jeep2 - Wolfe & Sam
Jeep3 - Colin & Alan
Jeep4 - My dad.

We'll be crashing at my Mum's at Nimmitabel and we might be able to make room if anyone wants to join us. Also there's accomodation & camping in town if we snore too much ;)

Edit Miraz might be joining our convoy but stopping at Cooma?

1stJeep
21-09-10, 10:06 PM
I'm heading down on Sunday to spend a few days in Melb with family and visiting a few Jeep joints... Will be at Jambo very early Thursday morning.

Pura Vida
27-09-10, 07:33 PM
I'm leaving Sydney at noon on Wednesday and plan on driving all the way to the Jamboree and hopefully pitching my tent before midnight.

If anyone thinks they might be driving at the same time, send me a pm and I'll give you my number and maybe we can meet up.

I'm still not certain whether I'll take the Hume Hwy route inland or the Princess Hwy route along the coast, but I'm leaning towards the Hume Hwy route because google says it's 20 minutes faster and I hear there maybe less speed traps.

Ben

gifrog
28-09-10, 12:38 AM
Hi All,
I'm leaving tuesday about 10.00am. free wheeling down the princes hwy stoping overnight @ Twofold Bay (Eden) free camping @ east boyd state forest, anyone travelling tuesday would like to join me please give me a ring 0433 786 121.
Thanks
James Thorpe
Gi frog

Dave
28-09-10, 12:01 PM
I'm leaving Croydon early Thursday morning - hopefully 5 or 6 am, with Maggie and Bear's trailer in tow. Hopefully that will see me at Jambo before dark on Thursday arvo. If anyone wants to join up, I'm thinking of stopping for breakfast at the Shell at Sally's Corner (Sutton Forest) about 1 hour out of Sydney down the M5 / Hume Hwy.

I'll check the site on Wednesday evening, so PM me! Oh and anyone travelling Friday, remember Double Demerits start Thursday night!

Dave

stevet
28-09-10, 08:34 PM
Have load's of fun folk's, drive safely, come home happy & post up whenever you can:)...........................

Hunno
28-09-10, 11:34 PM
Nowra - Done (what an epic). Canberra - Done.
Monaro Hwy CLOSED due to truck Crash........... Found away around via Namadgi NP. Cooma - Pub... open fire place.... New Owner & Myself locked in ...... BAD Idea. Late start tomorrow? I think as Dan just called his wife & said he won't be home tonight.

Steve F
29-09-10, 06:44 AM
Hitting the road in 45 minutes :)

See you all down there.

Cheers
Steve