PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my suspension!

TK421
22-09-10, 12:33 AM
I finally have suspension that I want to test out on my KJ. Recently fitted with TJM's XGS 2 inch lift shocks and springs (which looks like 3 inches as my standard suspension had sagged heaps after over 100,000km) I am keen to take the machine off road.
Also, if anyone has similar - I would love to know how it is performing in a KJ in particular.
http://www.tjm.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=73

glend
22-09-10, 09:01 AM
Congratulations Xandro - at last. Dave G has the same lift I believe. Looking forward to our next trip together.

Hassle
09-10-10, 12:03 PM
Hiya TK421, Please let me know if this kit will work on the same KJ, but Diesel, and the rough price I'd need to budget for. Thanks - Hassle

glend
09-10-10, 12:17 PM
Hassle, Dave's KJ is a diesel, I believe there would just be a difference in the front spring product numbers. Talk to Dave G.

Dave
09-10-10, 05:17 PM
Hi Hassle,

Yes mine is a diesel and I do have the TJM XGS 2 inch lift, and I am very happy with it. I went through 2 sets of Old Man Emu front ends in 3 years, and to me they were not satisfactory. The TJM does come with two different front springs - one for diesels (or people with heavy front ends - bullbar and winch etc), and a lighter one for petrol engines. After a year and two significant 4WD treks of several thousand kms, and many on road k's as well, they still perform as well as when new.

From my invoice, my front springs are 770FRHD37U and the rears are 770RR37U. The cost for parts and installation in September 2009 was $1270, but that was with a 10% club discount.

Hope this helps,
Dave

TK421
25-10-10, 09:58 AM
Dave, Hassle:
I did not get a club discount - don't know why... ...but it did cost $1400 including labor. I an totally happy with the suspension and can't wait to take it for a real off-roar test. Will let you know how I go when I do. Hope this helps. One things to not is that because my suspension had sagged, the lift appears to be higher. It looks really cool - you will like it.
Xandro.

Maggie
25-10-10, 12:01 PM
Dave, Hassle:
I did not get a club discount - don't know why... ...but it did cost $1400 including labor. I an totally hapy with the suspension and can't wait to take it for a real off-roar test. Will let you know how I go when I do. Hope this helps. One things to not is that because my suspension had sagged, the lift appears to be higher. It looks really cool - you will like it.
Xandro.

You did not get a Club discount Xandro because that died with the TJM owned store at Seven Hills. They are all franchised now so the discount doesn't exist any more.
Maggie.

TK421
25-10-10, 02:46 PM
You did not get a Club discount Xandro because that died with the TJM owned store at Seven Hills. They are all franchised now so the discount doesn't exist any more.
Maggie.
Thank you Maggie for pointing this out. The guys at TJM were very good with service and advice. They do however offer vouchers and discounts to club members when we book a job. I was given a $100 discount voucher that I can use when I go back for more. It does not have a use-by-date, so I guess, somehow, I did get a discount. It is worth giving them a call if anyone is needing a quote for repairs etc... ...TJM Parramatta have aligned themselves with one of the huge workshops at one of the car dealers in Parramatta Auto Alley - perfect location and pretty central.