PDA

View Full Version : ZigZag Sunday 03/10/2010

stevet
27-09-10, 09:14 AM
Where -- The ZigZag @ Lithgow,
When -- Sunday 03/10/2010,
Meet -- At Richmond Macca's at 7.30a.m, depart by 7.45a.m to travel in convoy to the ZigZag or meet at the ZigZag carpark @ 9.00a.m.,
Grade -- "C+/ B", there are bi-passes around most sections,
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
This run is limited to 10 vehicles plus leader.............
Further info contact --- Stephen T., Mob. No. 0412-707903, or post up your intent to attend the run..........
Last to arrive does the trip report for the club magazine.....:D........:)................
**** Attending,--
1- Steve C.
2- Rob & Tanya,
3- bert-a,
4- 2CJ's-- Colin,
5- 2CJ's-- Corey, ZigZag carpark 9.30a.m,
6- Sebastian, ZigZag carpark 9.30a.m,
7- Tony R., ZigZag carpark 9.30a.m,
8- Pauk JK, Guest,
9- Stefan S., ZigZag carpark 9.30a.m,
10- JB., ZigZag carpark 9.30a.m,
11- Stephen T............ The run is now full..:). ****

SteveC
27-09-10, 04:42 PM
steve - A bit short notice but may be able to make it - have to ask the handbrake if Im committed.......

Rob&Tanya
28-09-10, 08:48 PM
We are up for a play at zig zag again

one thing can we meet 1/2 hour later as daylight saving start Sunday

Rob
ps might get to play with new winch

bert-a
28-09-10, 10:14 PM
Steve, count me in though have not enough time to decide what tyre size to buy for my JK, My tyre will still just enough to make the run. See you all on Sunday.

stevet
28-09-10, 11:06 PM
We are up for a play at zig zag again

one thing can we meet 1/2 hour later as daylight saving start Sunday

Rob
ps might get to play with new winch
O.K. then, we will meet at 8.00a.m @ Richmond Macca's..... Did not realise daylight saving started this weekend:).........................
See you then bert-a................................

TRBN8R
28-09-10, 11:16 PM
Hi Mr T

Put me on the reserve list as my trip to Canberra is in a bit of doubt. Thanks to something my wife need to sort out before friday.

Mani

SteveC
29-09-10, 09:47 AM
Steve, count me in though have not enough time to decide what tyre size to buy for my JK, My tyre will still just enough to make the run. See you all on Sunday.

try http://www.1010tires.com
This is great USA site for comparing all sorts of makes and model and peoples comments are easy to read.

2cjs
29-09-10, 09:32 PM
hi i will be there with two cars my rubicon and i tj,the rubicon does not have a uhf but, does that matter? regards col 0412 269 591

Maggie
29-09-10, 09:43 PM
hi i will be there with two cars my rubicon and i tj,the rubicon does not have a uhf but, does that matter? regards col 0412 269 591

Hi Colin, glad you have joined the forum, I have asked the web master to change your status to Member but he is away at Jambo so it may take a few days.

Maggie.

Sebastian
29-09-10, 10:51 PM
I'll be there. See you at the Zigzag carpark

stevet
29-09-10, 11:22 PM
I have a spare handheld radio you can use:).......AAA batteries needed if I don't get a chance to pick up some more before the run:)..........................

2cjs
30-09-10, 06:31 AM
no worries not a big deal ill grab some in case thanks heaps :-)

tonysrich
30-09-10, 08:38 AM
Put me down for this one please

SteveC
30-09-10, 09:36 AM
Ill be there. meet at Richmond Maccas

TRBN8R
30-09-10, 03:09 PM
Hi Mr T

Sorry I will not be able to make it. Mrs has confimed that we r going to the floriade on the weekend.

Mani

stevet
30-09-10, 03:39 PM
Hi Mr T

Sorry I will not be able to make it. Mrs has confimed that we r going to the floriade on the weekend.

Mani
No worries Mani. Have fun sniffing the flowers over the weekend. See you at the next club meet next Wednesday evening.......................

Paul-JK
01-10-10, 05:46 PM
Hi Steve,

I'm keen on getting a trip out this weekend but is this trip OK for stock vehicles? Got a stock JK Unlimited.

Also, do you need to be a SJC member to attend?

Cheers,

Paul

stevet
01-10-10, 06:49 PM
Hi Steve,

I'm keen on getting a trip out this weekend but is this trip OK for stock vehicles? Got a stock JK Unlimited.

Also, do you need to be a SJC member to attend?

Cheers,

Paul
Hi Paul,
Stock vehicles will struggle at certain climbs but there are bi-pass's around most of the harder sections,-- your factory sidesteps would be at risk & you will scrape your bellypan sometimes as well........... or you could park and jump in with a slightly modded jeep to give you some idea regarding tyres, lifts etc....
You do not have to be a member of the club to attend a run. You can attend as a guest of the club for the run but you need to sign the trip register and follow basic club directions as everyone does & have your own basic recovery gear if needed on the day.... Remember to remove any hard plastic mudflaps before the run, easier to put back on at the end of the day rather trying to find them or where they came off.................
Will see you Sunday unless you choose to withdraw, so post up either way:)........
Cheers,
Stephen T.

Paul-JK
01-10-10, 07:33 PM
Thanks Steve,

Happy to give it a go. Not out to destroy anything and not too proud to take a break and watch others have a go if it looks too rough (used to go off road in an an X-Trail so I'm used to that :)). Should be a good chance see how much of a difference a few mods can make as well.

Done a bit of 4WD'ing before but usually by myself so not really pushed the limits too far. Got some recovery gear (still unused.......not sure if that's good or bad!) but still just got factory recovery points.

Do we sign the register on the day or is it something we do online?

See you at Richmond Macca's at 8am.

Cheers,

Paul (0411723871)

stevet
01-10-10, 07:49 PM
Do we sign the register on the day or is it something we do online?
Hi Paul,
We sign the trip register each trip on the day of the run.................. See you at Macca's on Sunday morning.................

5teve
01-10-10, 08:45 PM
hi steve
i'd like to come to the trip too but i'm not sure if i can make it yet.
i'll let you know if i'm in or not tomorow in the evening
stefan

JB
02-10-10, 11:06 AM
I see that there is one spot left. Can you include me please

stevet
02-10-10, 01:36 PM
I see that there is one spot left. Can you include me please
See you on Sunday morning................. Macca's or the ZigZag carpark for you??.....................

SteveC
02-10-10, 02:05 PM
its going to be fun with mud.....
Make sure every one A recovery point front and back. and plenty of towels/rags to wipe the muck off....

tonysrich
02-10-10, 05:28 PM
JB and I will meet you at Zig Zag

5teve
02-10-10, 05:45 PM
i will meet you all at zig zag carpark
stefan

stevet
02-10-10, 11:18 PM
Hi folk's,
Anyone on H/T tyres will struggle tomorrow???. Some of the planned tracks may not be driveable due to the conditions prevailling (Wet). We will have to decide upon arriving whether to attempt some of the harder sections or survey for future runs there:(:)..................

tonysrich
03-10-10, 08:35 PM
Some guys just park funny I guess

khalak
03-10-10, 09:29 PM
You can't post pictures like that without telling the rest of the story...

TRBN8R
03-10-10, 09:31 PM
Some guys just park funny I guess

Oops

Sorry to see it Bert but what happened there. Looking at the pics did u try to climb the bank instead of following the rut.

stevet
03-10-10, 11:45 PM
Oops

Sorry to see it Bert but what happened there. Looking at the pics did u try to climb the bank instead of following the rut.
You may have to wait for the trip report from JB, but I think Bert may have got a few odd angle pic's off???:).
.....Thank's for coming today folks, good day with all sorts of challenges for everyone to beat:).........
Should be a few more pic's coming soon.................

CraigB
04-10-10, 09:19 AM
Thats the way Cherokee!....Obviously a very good day out....

SteveC
04-10-10, 01:00 PM
Great Day out for all. I was amazed at the conditions. Continual rain and mud EVERYWHERE. Lots of fun and a variety of tracks with several options to by- pass if you wanted.
Definitely Mud terrain tyres where the necessary requirement. Lift helped but too. There were 11 vehicles plus a Nissan Nevera that came along for the day too. Couple of TJs. Jk, KJ, XJ and my WJ
Many thanks to SteveT for leading the trip and all those that helped others to get over the obsticals and the changing of tyres x 2. In the area, there are quite a few diversions and it would be always a great a day too explore the many tracks in the area.
Several snaps where undertaken and a winch was also requires to pull Tony over a hairy ledge along with a lot of rock building. (At least Tony you got to use your winch for the first time, worked brilliantly too)
I was surprised that I managed all tracks that I attempted with out the need for a snap. (go the V8! and BFG's)

Ill leave the main report to who ever came last.

Looking forward to photos and the video

Brett BT50
04-10-10, 02:05 PM
Hey guys its thanks for letting me tag along yesterday i will try and att some pics to this message. And SteveC its a Mazda BT50.

SteveC
04-10-10, 02:12 PM
Sorry about that Brett. I was amazed none the less. Nice BT50. Perhaps put a Jeep badge on and tag again one day..
Look forward to any images you have

Brett BT50
04-10-10, 02:54 PM
402403404405406 I have some more on my albums but won't let me att to this message

Rob&Tanya
04-10-10, 07:17 PM
...*laughing* every time he goes out on his own.... he comes back with broken bits... on the bright side, I just won the "discussion" and we'll be getting rock sliders :-P Tanya of Rob&Tanya

Paul-JK
04-10-10, 10:14 PM
Thanks all for a great day out yesterday, despite the wonderful weather. Special thanks for Stevet for organising the day and dragging us (often literally :)) up, around and through it all, along with Corey and Stefan who seem to be continually running around with snatch straps in hand.

It was a great opportunity to see how much difference a bit of lift and some decent tyres make.....and of course a diff lock or two are always a bonus when it all gets slippery.

Sebastian
05-10-10, 08:21 PM
Here are some photos from the weekend. Steve found a new friend

5teve
06-10-10, 10:48 PM
hi
it was an interesting trip last sunday. i realy enjoyed it.
thanks for your help geting my jeep back on all 4 wheels. it was realy close to rollover. i was luckier than Bert (i feel realy sorry for you and jour jeep).
looking forword to next trips
stefan

stevet
07-10-10, 01:23 AM
Anymore pic's coming our way.:D.......:).

2cjs
09-10-10, 05:53 PM
hi steve thanks again for the weekend :-) work commitments ment we couldnt come wednesday sorry,would anybody have a bull bar for sale for a tj wrangler ?also would a 2in lift in a tj need i slip yoke eliminater? thanks col!