PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Trip Saturday 09th October 2010

TRBN8R
29-09-10, 04:04 PM
***** TRIP CANNED DUE TO LATE WITHDRAWALS *****

Hi all Jeepers

Come all Jeepers for a fun trip to Stockton on Saturday 09th October 2010. All Jeeps welcome no mods required just rated recovery points, recovery gear (1 snatch strap + 2 Recovery shackels), 2 way radio, Camera, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Kids and food + drinks. It is not very technical trip just low tire pressures, point and shoot. Also soft top if u have one. Maximum 10 Jeeps.

RV Point 1: The old truck weight station on the Pacific Hwy,Berowra Heights 0745Hrs for shootoff at 0815Hrs Sharp. For this Meeting point do not take the F3 from Pennant hills road but continue along Pacific Hwy. Continue along till you go past the Berowra train station. Couple of Ks down the road you will come across a Y sort of junction. Here you will see a large truck rest stop. This is our RV point.

RV Point 2: The servo @ Lavis Lane 0930Hrs for 1000 shoot off. My phone is 0405801230 ring me up if running late or pulling out at the last minute.

Also please mention which RV point u wish to meet up at.

Target time for return back at blacktop by 1500 Hrs and back home by 1800 Hrs

1. TRBN8R (Thats me) : Berowra Hts Truck Weigh Station
2. SHRI (Guest and prospective member) : Berowra Hts Truck Weigh Station
3. Hunty : Berowra Hts Truck Stn
4. Tony S Rich :

Mani

ninonguyen
29-09-10, 06:32 PM
add me Mani...ninonguyen

Hunty
29-09-10, 10:46 PM
Im in - cheers Hunty

jk1978
30-09-10, 08:13 AM
I am in Sandy

tonysrich
30-09-10, 08:40 AM
Put me down for this one please

Maggie
30-09-10, 12:17 PM
Mani, have you checked out what permits etc. you need to get ... you might get that information from the 4WD Assoc. website.

Maggie.

Bear
30-09-10, 01:19 PM
Please note there is a cleanup of the beach on 31/10/2019 being run by the 4wd assoc.
Details are posted in the club members section. For this one all fees are waived, and permits can be obtained by sending a "pm" to Maggie

TRBN8R
30-09-10, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone

As stated above by Bear if u wanna go to 31st october cleanup its free but if u come on the 9th u have to buy a 3 day beach access permit for $10 or an annual pass for $30 from the servo at Lavis Lane.

Mani

Sebastian
30-09-10, 06:52 PM
Put me down as well please.

TRBN8R
30-09-10, 09:24 PM
Also Guys can u please let me know wher u want to meet up, so we r not waiting for u on the wrong stop.

Cheers
Mani

ninonguyen
01-10-10, 07:04 PM
Berowra height Truck Weight Station

goldeneagle05
03-10-10, 11:56 AM
Put me down as a yes,will bring the KK and see how it goes,meeting at Berowra

Pura Vida
05-10-10, 02:03 PM
I was up there two weeks ago and the lavis lane entrance has been completely redesigned. Now there's a paved road all the way out to the beach so it's much easier to find.

I may come out but if I do, I won't meet up with you guys until much later. I'm sure I'll see you though. If you can, post the channel you'll be using before you leave.

Ben

Sebastian
05-10-10, 07:42 PM
I can't make it. Please take me off. Thanks.

TRBN8R
05-10-10, 08:26 PM
I was up there two weeks ago and the lavis lane entrance has been completely redesigned. Now there's a paved road all the way out to the beach so it's much easier to find.

I may come out but if I do, I won't meet up with you guys until much later. I'm sure I'll see you though. If you can, post the channel you'll be using before you leave.

Ben

Hi Ben

We will be using channel 15 by default. If we have interference from another club we will switch over to 17 as a second preference and 20 as third.

Cheers
Mani

Pura Vida
06-10-10, 11:04 AM
We will be using channel 15 by default.

Cool. The more I think about it I probably shouldn't go since Pura Vida is leaking diff oil and needs a lot of post jambo TLC.

reyzor
06-10-10, 01:03 PM
isnt there some sort of requirment to run past the association as a club is going up?

tony, good on ya for getting back up there mate....

Steve F
06-10-10, 01:12 PM
isnt there some sort of requirment to run past the association as a club is going up?

tony, good on ya for getting back up there mate....

Yep, although other clubs have called and not been able to get hold of the Ranger anyway. Worth a try though incase we get asked at some point.

See below
Cheers
Steve

Association 4WD Clubs with groups up to 40 people will be able to access the beach without applying for a permit, however they must inform the NPWS at Nelson bay of their intended trip (2 weeks before if possible). Please inform them of your Club, vehicle numbers, a contact and let them know that this is covered by the Club Public Liability. The Club will need to call 02 4948 8200 and ask for the Rangers. The Ranger will also advise you if there is any other large groups, commercial activities or issues that may concern you. Clubs with more than 40 people must register and apply for a permit.

TRBN8R
06-10-10, 02:59 PM
Yep, although other clubs have called and not been able to get hold of the Ranger anyway. Worth a try though incase we get asked at some point.

See below
Cheers
Steve

Association 4WD Clubs with groups up to 40 people will be able to access the beach without applying for a permit, however they must inform the NPWS at Nelson bay of their intended trip (2 weeks before if possible). Please inform them of your Club, vehicle numbers, a contact and let them know that this is covered by the Club Public Liability. The Club will need to call 02 4948 8200 and ask for the Rangers. The Ranger will also advise you if there is any other large groups, commercial activities or issues that may concern you. Clubs with more than 40 people must register and apply for a permit.

Cheers Steve
I was under the impression that under 40 can go as normal. But I will ring up right now to be on the right sde.

Mani

Steve F
06-10-10, 03:16 PM
Cheers Steve
I was under the impression that under 40 can go as normal. But I will ring up right now to be on the right sde.

Mani

Yep, its all a bit confusing but we are now supposed to call regardless of trip size but only pay if it's over 40 people.

Cheers
Steve

stevet
06-10-10, 05:53 PM
Phone Number for NPWS at Nelson Bay --- 02- 49848200.
I spoke to an officer this afternoon ( Warren ) from that office. There is no need to inform NPWS of a club trip unless 20 vehicles are to attend the run ( but would be courteous if you did inform them anyway), or you will only need to apply for an exemption/permit if 40 + vehicles attend from one club so they can hopefully not have the place packed out to the max. Cost of group permit is $20.00 if charged and you need to apply 2 weeks prior to the run............................
Stephen T.

jk1978
06-10-10, 08:43 PM
Mani something came up can't make it this sat

TRBN8R
06-10-10, 09:06 PM
Phone Number for NPWS at Nelson Bay --- 02- 49848200.
I spoke to an officer this afternoon ( Warren ) from that office. There is no need to inform NPWS of a club trip unless 20 vehicles are to attend the run ( but would be courteous if you did inform them anyway).
Stephen T.

Cheerd Mr T

So we r clear for this trip as the numbers have dwindled down to 6 only but I will ring them anyway.

Mani

Miss Jeep
06-10-10, 10:28 PM
I was up that way a few weeks ago first time taking my Wrangler on the sand was good apart from the feeling too brave and driving into sand dune!! haha!! Btw im female so would have liked to have seen a boyfriend/girlfriend bit in that first thread!! lol

TRBN8R
07-10-10, 05:04 AM
I was up that way a few weeks ago first time taking my Wrangler on the sand was good apart from the feeling too brave and driving into sand dune!! haha!! Btw im female so would have liked to have seen a boyfriend/girlfriend bit in that first thread!! lol

Welcome to the club Ms Jeep

We always have brave girls in the club. We had an ex Dutch navy ofgicer (Dutchie), our club secretary Maggie Hill, Veronica, Heidi to name a few. BTW the first thread has been updated as pointed out.

Cheers
Mani

Pura Vida
07-10-10, 09:02 AM
I was up there two weeks ago. Here's a link to a cool video of the trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYSkxaw6FHI

Pura Vida
07-10-10, 09:05 AM
Oh, and my profile/avatar picture is from catching air on stockton.

Ben

goldeneagle05
07-10-10, 09:56 PM
Mani have pulled a back shift for friday night so cant make it on Sat,might come up and say hello b4 I go to sleep. Olly

stevet
07-10-10, 10:12 PM
Mani, could you put down James Mac down as a reserve- no computor presently- Will speak to him again tomorrow arvo so I will then let you know tomorrow evening for sure if he's going......................

TRBN8R
08-10-10, 06:34 AM
Mani, could you put down James Mac down as a reserve- no computor presently- Will speak to him again tomorrow arvo so I will then let you know tomorrow evening for sure if he's going......................

Done Mr T.

Mani

stevet
08-10-10, 07:21 PM
Hi Mani,
James Mac is unable to attend tomorrow:(. Unable to change previous commitments......................:).

TRBN8R
08-10-10, 09:13 PM
Hi Mani,
James Mac is unable to attend tomorrow:(. Unable to change previous commitments......................:).

No worries Mr T

TRBN8R
09-10-10, 07:40 PM
***** trip canned due to late withdrawals*****