PDA

View Full Version : JK unlimited (4 door) rock sliders

Rob&Tanya
05-10-10, 02:40 PM
Hi All
After the weekend and bending the sidestep up into the body, have now concede that we need rock sliders and tanya was right

What has everyone got fitted and are you going to the meeting this wednessday

cheers

Rob ;D

CraigB
05-10-10, 03:49 PM
I just got a quote from Macquarie 4x4 to fit their designed JK rockslider-step. If that doesn't suit, try JeepKonnection for several varieties, if all else fails, ARB do pure rocksliders to suit the JK.

PureCaboose
09-10-10, 02:48 PM
You could also try Phill at ozadventure4x4.com. He does rock sliders in a high and low configuration.

Once I have the cash I will be going with then as they bolt to the body mounts, not the body and don't project below the chassis.

Greg

Paul-JK
09-10-10, 03:04 PM
Hi All
After the weekend and bending the sidestep up into the body, have now concede that we need rock sliders and tanya was right

I'll second that.

Been looking around all week. If you just want rock sliders then I think there are quite a few places do them, locally and from the states. The Quadratec website has pages of them.

I am looking to get a rock slider/side step as I still want the protection from the step to keep the stones off the bodywork but there's not as many of them around, certainly not locally. As CraigB says, Macquarie 4x4 do some, and other than that I've seen a few on websites from the states but I've not seen any decent photos of any fitted to get an idea of what would look OK. I'm also looking into designing some myself and seeing how easy it is to get some local fabricators to make them.

Rob&Tanya
03-01-11, 11:41 AM
Just to update, we eventually went with the Hanson ones from Wooders - definitely worth it!!! Landed the side of the Jeep on a rock at Jenolan the other week - nil damage to either the rails or the car. Thanks Wooders :)