PDA

View Full Version : JK Armour

CraigB
05-10-10, 04:52 PM
Took a run up to Macquarie 4x4. Looking for a front bash-plate for my Wrangler. They are going to design and make one to suit. I've found 3 others on the net - neither of which suit unless you simply want to replace the factory 'brush-plate', or if you happen to have and ARB winch bar.....
Made an enquiry while I was there about side-step and rock-slider options too.

They already make a nice combo to suit the JK.

Got a good price on a WARN XDC winch too.

Because they aren't specifically company-oriented, you can basically have what you want. I was a bit surprised at what they can and will do. It's worth a phone call.

Now I'm waiting for TonyR's counter-post, dont do it Ton....

CRB

glend
05-10-10, 05:16 PM
For JK CRD owners, please take the necessary steps to protect the fuel filter area just under the drivers feet against the right side chassis rail. At Jambo a MJOC trip leader had his Unlimited CRD disabled due to ripping out the plastic 'T' piece on a branch that he ran over. I saw this happen and the fuel just poured out. The same thing happened to my son's JK Unlimited CRD up in Byfield National Park. Both vehicles were then disabled and needed to be recovered.

The fuel 'T' piece is where the fuel line and fuel return line join. the fuel is under pressure here and it really gushes out when it gets ripped out. At the very least every JK CRD should carry a spare 'T' piece to allow this to be fixed in the field. My son had his fixed with metal fittings (ala Pitek or Enzed), but underbody protection is this area is a must.

Miraz
05-10-10, 06:56 PM
x2 on Glen's comment....

I've relocated mine up onto the firewall under the brake master cylinder - if you pull the front wheel well liners out then you will have good access to this space.