PDA

View Full Version : Vic High Country / Davies Plain Trip

chrispy
03-02-05, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone :)

After interest was indicated at the February meeting this Wednesday, it looks as though we are going to do another trip to the Vic High country area that we missed out on doing last year - Davies High Plain from the Murray at Tom Groggin all the way through into Victoria.

I have just called the Omeo office of the NPWS and they assure me that they will be closing the track to all vehicular traffic from the 1st of May 2005 until September for the season. They have no plans at this stage to close any earlier, but advised that we should try and organise a trip and run it BEFORE the 2nd week of April is over.

Tuff Truck is on the following weekend (Friday 15th to Sunday 17th).

The following week is getting too close to possible early closure - Wednesday 20th to Sunday 24th. We really need to do it before then according to both the NPWS and DSE.

I'll be leading again - So............... I hereby tentatively think that we need 5 days this time, and am thinking about Wednesday 6th April through to Sunday the 10th. We will need to organise to get time off work from lunchtime Tuesday 5th until Friday - with the weekend to follow. That's 3 1/2 days off. We'll leave on the Tuesday afternoon and camp at our place in Cooma that night (4.5 hour drive from southern Sydney area). This way we'll get a nice early (and not too long a drive) start for Thredbo/Tom Groggin in the morning on Wednesday.

Any takers?

I'm also going to post this on AusJeep - but would like to keep numbers down to a reasonable level if we can - with SJC Members a priority.

At this stage we have:

Chrispy & Jenny
Antz

Cheers
Chris

Antz
03-02-05, 04:37 PM
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl8boh/icon_ruff.gif me me me

sir_camel
03-02-05, 08:10 PM
Any idea on estimated mileage of the trip Chris???