PDA

View Full Version : ZigZag Sunday 24/10/2010

TRBN8R
16-10-10, 07:34 AM
ZigZag Sunday 24/10/2010

Where -- The ZigZag @ Lithgow,
When -- Sunday 24/10/2010,
Meet -- At Richmond Macca's at 7.30a.m, depart by 7.45a.m to travel in convoy to the ZigZag or meet at the ZigZag carpark @ 9.00a.m.,
Grade -- "C+/ B", there are bi-passes around most sections,
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
This run is limited to 15 vehicles including leader.............
Further info contact ---Mani 0405801230 , or post up your intent to attend the run..........

Attending:

1. Sebastian (Trip Leader)
2. Mani (The Paperwork Guy)
3. JK1978
4. Steve T
6. Hunno
7. Hoppy
8. 5teve
9. R1chard
10. Stanman (:)Welcome 2 our newest member)
11. Bert A
12. Dieselcon (:)Welcome 2 our newestest member)
13. Hunty
14. PuraVida
15. Oldboy (:)Welcome 2 our newestestest member)

Bear
16-10-10, 09:11 AM
Mani, stick my name on the list please

stevet
16-10-10, 10:41 AM
Should be able to get there Mani..:)................ Anyone with a GPS map marker thingy:D, feel free to use as it will be useful & needed down the track........................:)

MOP44R
16-10-10, 11:18 AM
Put me down too Mani

Hunno
16-10-10, 12:05 PM
Should be able to get there Mani..:)................ Anyone with a GPS map marker thingy:D, feel free to use as it will be useful & needed down the track........................:)

Good thinking Steve,
Any trip done should be logged now more than ever in case we do decide to do Jambo.

Hoppy
16-10-10, 09:06 PM
Hi Mani, Put us down for the trip too please

Hunty
16-10-10, 09:29 PM
Jax & I are In
Cheers Hunty

Hunno
16-10-10, 09:35 PM
Yer why not,
thanks Mani

5teve
17-10-10, 08:09 PM
Hi Mani put me down too
Stefan

Dieselcon
18-10-10, 12:21 AM
Hi guys,
Would love to come. Put me down as a reserve. Want to test jeep on some harder stuf with experienced people and to pull me out of trouble when required.
Cheers
OIIIIIIO

TRBN8R
18-10-10, 09:02 AM
Hi guys,
Would love to come. Put me down as a reserve. Want to test jeep on some harder stuf with experienced people and to pull me out of trouble when required.
Cheers
OIIIIIIO

Hey Diesel just changed the trip numbers to take leader + 10. So u r definitely in. C ya at Maccas Richmond.

r1chard
18-10-10, 11:26 AM
Could you put me down on the reserve list thanks :)

Cheers
Richard

stanman
18-10-10, 06:37 PM
can you put me down on the reserve list too if i come i would like to join i been on one outing with you guys before and had a great time, now ive come back from overseas i want to get back into it

Hunno
18-10-10, 07:22 PM
You don't have to wait to join

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/content.php?133-Test

Bear
19-10-10, 12:04 AM
When a trip is full any guests will be dropped to the reserve list if any paid up members wish to join the trip.

Bear
19-10-10, 11:36 AM
Sorry Mani I have just been advised that we have a family commitment and therefore must withdraw from the trip.

Hunty
19-10-10, 11:56 AM
Hi guyz
I am sorry to have to pull out at this late stage
I had already committed to another 4x4 trip on the same date with MOM - Ministry of Mud- I still get to see you all @ Richmond Macas as both trips are leaving from the same place and time
Have fun
Cheers hunty

TRBN8R
19-10-10, 01:07 PM
There have been 2 withdrawals from the trip giving us 2 spots. The 2 guests Dieselcon and Stanman are in those 2 spots unless another financial member wants to get on the trip.

Cheers
Mani

MOP44R
19-10-10, 05:53 PM
Mani I hate to do this to you as well but I need to bail out as well.

A mate brought the Snake Racing 5" lift for his Navara and needs my help to install it and as I have a heap of new gear coming for my rig I will need his help soon as well.

Sorry mate

bert-a
19-10-10, 06:49 PM
Mani, Please put me in the list. want to try the tyre on my kj. Thanks

TRBN8R
19-10-10, 10:57 PM
Got a message from Maggie, Stanman has just joined the club. Welcome mate:). The list has been updated every one who posted is in with Dieselcon as Reserve 1.

Cheers
Mani

Dieselcon
19-10-10, 11:18 PM
Have just signup as a member.looking forward to sunday... Fingers crossed...
Radio being installed 2morrow.
All Jeepers ..... My JK has the standard
front bar and rear.
No lift and only the 32's
If I do this zigzag will they still be in one piece?? Is the jk upto it?
Cheers OIIIIIIO

Bear
19-10-10, 11:49 PM
Not to worry I did 4 trips to Zig Zag with my JK stock standard, before it got a lift and tyres.

Hunno
19-10-10, 11:55 PM
You'll be fine. I've been there in a stock ZJ grand with sagged suspension. Just listen to what the guy's that have been there before & you get a shock how good you Jeep really is.

TRBN8R
20-10-10, 09:14 AM
Welcome Jose to the SJC family. Hope u will enjoy ur time with us. You wont have any troubles at all with a stock JK. If u get stuck we r there to pull u out and most tough tracks have bypasses around them. I did a lot of trips with stock tyres and no lift. Ur traction control will take u a long way into the bush and beleive me u dont need to mod these JKs much to get great results. I think the most common mods for a Jk are a 2 inch lift, Sway bar disconnects and 33 inch muddies and u r in the formidable 4X4 catagory. Enjoy ur Jeep and as I said before if u know any good tracks around ur way dont be afraid to call a trip. The SJC is like a large extended family, no politics or leg pulling here. If u make a mistake somebody will fix it and tell u a better way of doing things and thats the end of it. I have been with the club 2 years now and already extended my membership till 2012.

Cheers and have fun Jeeping.

Mani

CraigB
20-10-10, 08:56 PM
Hau Dieselcon - what colour is your American Horse?

CRB

Hunty
20-10-10, 09:52 PM
Hi Mani
Call me fickle. Lol. I want back in - Jax & I would like to be put on the reserve list for zig zag
Cheers
Hunty

Dieselcon
20-10-10, 10:13 PM
I've never noticed how many black jeeps until I got this one.... Yes it's black.
UHF radio was installed today, the antenna adds even more character to the jeep. The kids have their DVD and monitors hooked up.
Now it's time to have some fun.
Just clocked 2000kms today and the car is just 2.5 weeks old. Love it.
Ordered the car in July, and since my office faces the inner Wollongong harbour and have access to bulk shipping schedule was able to track down which ship my car came in.
She's my baby, I have photos of the Ship arriving and berthing in the harbour and then leaving 24 hrs later after she unloaded..... Just like having a baby....well sort off.... Will post photos of arrival (Oberon) and some off the first camping trip the family has had thanks to the extra room of the unlimited. In2.5 weeks we have done heaps already..
Sorry about the ramble on.....excited that all.
Cheers Jose

jk1978
21-10-10, 11:04 AM
hi guys can't we have a run with about 15 jeeps so guys from reserve can get in
Sandy

Bear
21-10-10, 01:29 PM
Trips are capped for any number of reasons eg. keep to a manageable number to complete the day's activities and keep the convoy moving, safety,to enable the guide to observe and assist each car to negotiate an obstacle. Also the trip leaders experience and confidence will govern the numbers he is comfortable with.

Dieselcon
21-10-10, 09:03 PM
Safety is the key word..... I guess theirs always the next trip...
If a position pops up this sunday I'll be there with one big grin!!!
My daughter wants to come as well. Is it suitable for families.
Cheers OIIIIIIO
Jose

Hunno
21-10-10, 09:05 PM
My 4y old Daughter goes on most all trips & loves it.

TRBN8R
21-10-10, 09:27 PM
I normally have my 3 year old with me. Kids love it.

TRBN8R
22-10-10, 12:05 AM
Hi All

Steve T has suggested taking every one interested onboard and split the group in 2 sub groups starting at different tracks with Mr T leading one group and Sebastian leading the other. So I am expanding the trip capacity to 15. That puts Hunty and Dieselcon on the confirmed list with 2 more vacancies to fill. So anyone else interested please post up.

Cheers
Mani

Dieselcon
22-10-10, 12:43 AM
You little ripper ;)
Thankyou Steve, Mani, Sebastian and Mr T.
Can't wait to meet you guys...
Natasha isn't very happy.... Unfortunetly she has to work so it will be just me and the little ones..
Cheers OIIIIIIO
Jose

jk1978
22-10-10, 08:58 AM
Hi All

Steve T has suggested taking every one interested onboard and split the group in 2 sub groups starting at different tracks with Mr T leading one group and Sebastian leading the other. So I am expanding the trip capacity to 15. That puts Hunty and Dieselcon on the confirmed list with 2 more vacancies to fill. So anyone else interested please post up.

Cheers
Mani

Thats the way now we all can have fun see u all on sunday

Oldboy
22-10-10, 09:25 AM
How do-able are the tracks, you guys are taking, in a stock TJ?
I have front recovery hooks & disco's, but otherwise she's stock down to the GS-A's :p

Edit: if it's do-able/u guys & gals don't mind a stocker traveling along,
I'd like to come along as a guest.

MOP44R
22-10-10, 09:45 AM
Mani Im trying to juggle somethings around as I really want to come along Ill let you know by tomorrow morning if I can make it Im 50/50 at this stage

TRBN8R
22-10-10, 11:44 AM
How do-able are the tracks, you guys are taking, in a stock TJ?
I have front recovery hooks & disco's, but otherwise she's stock down to the GS-A's :p

Edit: if it's do-able/u guys & gals don't mind a stocker traveling along,
I'd like to come along as a guest.

Tracks are C+/B and most of the hard bits have bypasses around them. Disconnects will help you out with articulation. I have seen stock TJs do it before, and if u get stuck we r there to pull you out anyway. Just dont be afraid to ask for help if u r not comfortable with a track and some one will spot for you and guide you thru. I will put you on the trip but if another financial member wants to get on the trip then you will have to drop down to reserve position.

Mani

Dieselcon
22-10-10, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=TRBN8R;19763] ZigZag Sunday 24/10/2010

Meet -- At Richmond Macca's at 7.30a.m, depart by 7.45a.m to travel in convoy to the ZigZag or meet at the ZigZag carpark @ 9.00a.m.,

Can someone give me an address 'cause the GPS has given me two possible macca's. Otherwise once I'm close to Richmond I'll use the new radio Channel 15 and call out for Help.!!!!! yipee

Cheers

Jose

khalak
22-10-10, 01:42 PM
Marsh St in Richmond, diagonally opposite the Shell petrol station.

stevet
22-10-10, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=TRBN8R;19763] ZigZag Sunday 24/10/2010

Can someone give me an address 'cause the GPS has given me two possible macca's. Otherwise once I'm close to Richmond I'll use the new radio Channel 15 and call out for Help.!!!!! yipee

Cheers

Jose
Hi Jose,
Corner of Market & March Streets. Right next to the Richmond train station......................:)..

Oldboy
22-10-10, 03:03 PM
Just payed for membership (finally).
So I should be good for the trip right?

sbadman
22-10-10, 04:04 PM
Marsh St in Richmond, diagonally opposite the Shell petrol station.

It's actually a Caltex ;)

stevet
22-10-10, 10:05 PM
Just payed for membership (finally).
So I should be good for the trip right?
See you Sunday........:).

Oldboy
22-10-10, 10:10 PM
See you Sunday........:).

Cheers!

Looking forward to it.

Pura Vida
23-10-10, 12:41 AM
Add me to the list as a standby in case anyone drops off. You can email me at benw @ izazi.com and I'll get it on my phone fairly quickly.

MOP44R
23-10-10, 09:59 AM
Mani you can add Ben (Pura Vida) cant juggle it to come tomorrow, sorry guys, next time for sure

TRBN8R
23-10-10, 10:24 AM
Mani you can add Ben (Pura Vida) cant juggle it to come tomorrow, sorry guys, next time for sure

No worries mate

Hey Ben(PuraVida) ur in. C ya tomorrow. Already sent u an email

Mani

Hoppy
23-10-10, 10:25 AM
Hi Mani, Just letting you know we will meet you at the Zig Zag carpark @ 9am as we live in the mountains. Cheers, Cindy

Bear
23-10-10, 11:30 AM
Any SJC members attending this trip if you have the latest club shirt, please wear it, for the benefit of the newer members. We are trying to generate enough interest/sales so we can order a second run. We need a minimum order of 25 shirts.

Bear.

Dieselcon
23-10-10, 04:23 PM
Looked at the Lithgow rain radar, and it's coping a heap of heavy rain. I gues while I was out buying the recover gear today, I should have invested in a floating device for 2morrow.. Lol
Don't want to sound like a pussy but if rain continues will the trip go ahead? It will be a long drive to get to Lithgow from Wollongong.
Cheers
Jose

Sebastian
23-10-10, 04:51 PM
Hi Jose doesn't matter if it rain , hail or shine we'll still be going.

TRBN8R
23-10-10, 05:39 PM
Any SJC members attending this trip if you have the latest club shirt, please wear it, for the benefit of the newer members. We are trying to generate enough interest/sales so we can order a second run. We need a minimum order of 25 shirts.

Bear.

As always I will definitely be wearing the gang colours.

TRBN8R
23-10-10, 06:02 PM
Hi Hunty

Will U be driving topless and doorless again????????????

Hoppy
23-10-10, 06:16 PM
Hi Mani, by the way should we have someones phone no. just in case? If the Jeep breaks down on the way? First time for everything LOL! trip leader or Manis?. Also UHF 15 as usual?

stevet
23-10-10, 07:18 PM
Hi Mani, by the way should we have someones phone no. just in case? If the Jeep breaks down on the way? First time for everything LOL! trip leader or Manis?. Also UHF 15 as usual?
Ch.15 as usual....Mani's Mob. No. posted on first post... Mine if needed -- 0412-707903...............:)..

Hunty
23-10-10, 10:19 PM
Lol lol lol lol
Depends on the weather and the depth of the mud!!!!!!!!!!

CraigB
24-10-10, 01:48 PM
heyho! you may well be in for some muddy-times out there...ho....maybe a sinking or two? Enjoy...

CRB

TRBN8R
24-10-10, 06:32 PM
Ooooopssss

Rain Rain Go Away
Come again another day
Little Jeepers wanna play

We prayed but rain gods didnt listen. Someone did a great Indian rain dance ( I promise it wasnt me) and rain gods were very pleased and they never stopped.

We had a great turnout for the trip and it was good to see some new faces. We all reached our respective RV points on time no delays. First big hurdle was very very verrrrrrryyyyy wet and mushy. After three jeeps made up that one Hoppy tried getting up and after a lot of valiant attempts couldnt make it. So we decided to take the chicken track and even that became a bit of a challenge. Richard got stuck there and a black XJ tried to snatch him and started slipping himself so we had to attach Hoppy's Jeep in front to get them both up. Before we could move on Hunno came up the most rutted out part of the climb and almost made it providing typical Hunno entertainment. He needed only a little tug to get over the final bit. We drove around and came to another nice little section which was more technical B track. Some Jeeps tried it including me and all were successful with no recovery required. The rest ended up taking the chicken track. Even the Chicken track ended up being a challenge . Getting up that one we stopped for lunch. While we were having lunch a group of Lifted and modded Toyotas came up the same track and provided some entertainment by getting stuck at the last bit. They really struggled and sloshed around proving once again the superiority of The Jeep.

After lunch the gang had a brief meeting where it was decided that the track conditions were much worse than expected so those who wanted to pull out would head out now and the group that wants to stayback can stayback and do some more tracks. I joined the group heading home. Aired up at Lithgow and headed home from there.

It was good to see new members Dieselcon, Stanman and Oldboy. A big welcome to the club guys!!! Hope u enjoyed ur first trip. I m sorry we cudnt do much due to the bad weather but will do better for sure once the weather clears up. And the guys with diesel JKUs with offroad Group I am sooo jealous of u guys. Any way guys hope u enjoy ur Jeeps as much as we do, Thats what this club is about.

Thanks to SteveT and Sebastian for guiding us around.

Also hope our American visitor Ryan enjoyed the trip as well. Mate as long as u r in Oz ur more than welcome to join us on any club trip. Someone will definitely have a seat for u.

I will forward a copy of the report to the editor and can some one from the group that stayed back also do a little report on how u guys went. Also those who took some piccies post them so they can be published in the club mag.

Cheers and Have fun Jeepin!!!!!!!

Mani

Dieselcon
24-10-10, 10:13 PM
Wow, that was the bestest time Ive had in quite awhile.
These jeeps are unbelievable with what they can do.... even more impressed when the Landcruisers were having a hard time through the ruts!!!
Many thanks to the warm welcome that we got from all of you..... Yes shame about the weather...rain, rain and more rain..... well It took me 3.5 hrs to drive back to wollongong... these bloody tires kept on deflating, all three(bar the new one we changed at the top of the pipeline track). Next time we meet should have 33". Yippee....
Offroad group sure did help me out in a few spots..
Have got some video clips and also some Photos, photos are below.

Thankyou you all for a great day...
Sebastian and SteveT thanks for spoting me up the roughts!!!!.. SteveT hope your backs better after soom rest!!!!

See you all at the next outing.

Cheers jeepers OIIIIIIO

Jose and Little Briannah

Dieselcon
24-10-10, 10:18 PM
A few more photos..

85cj7
24-10-10, 10:45 PM
Thanks for everyone's hospital, especially Stephen and Mani! You sure are a good group of guys. Well after the majority left, a few of us wheeled some more. I won't give away any details but some bullet points include, me driving the xj over 1 meter rock ledges, the xj becoming a modified submarine and the conversion of the interior into a fish tank, and the Liberty constantly catching more air than a professional basketball player! I'm sure one of the guys will post an exact wheeling description.

For some teasers to hold you over until the time being, here are my pics: http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/texancj7/

sbadman
25-10-10, 06:01 AM
Given the rain we were having here I can only imagine how wet it would have been up there!

Also those who took some piccies post them so they can be published in the club mag.

Cheers and Have fun Jeepin!!!!!!!

Mani

Thanks Mani, but if those with access to full size pictures (ie straight off the camera) can bring them too the next meeting that would be great, pictures posted on the web are too low a resolution to come out clearly in the magazine.

TRBN8R
25-10-10, 08:11 AM
Thanks for everyone's hospital, especially Stephen and Mani! You sure are a good group of guys. Well after the majority left, a few of us wheeled some more. I won't give away any details but some bullet points include, me driving the xj over 1 meter rock ledges, the xj becoming a modified submarine and the conversion of the interior into a fish tank, and the Liberty constantly catching more air than a professional basketball player! I'm sure one of the guys will post an exact wheeling description.

For some teasers to hold you over until the time being, here are my pics: http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/texancj7/

Glad u enjoyed it Ryan, Jose and other newies. Thanks for the pics. Ryan the roch ledge was the one I was talking to you about where u only see the sky and nothing else. Glad u liked it.

If u guys like going camping see the Bylong thread. It is a nice property for a relaxing weekend with family. I tried talking to rosters but they reckon they cant tell me anything about my work on those days before Sunday. If I get the days off I will be going definitely. Campfire, Beer, Wheeling, Talking BS till late, It is a good relaxing weekend.

Again Can somebody from the group that stayed back please post a brief description of their experience for the trip report for the mag.

r1chard
25-10-10, 08:51 AM
Good to get along to my first run with the club - it was great to meet you all!

Thanks Sebastian for leading trip, Steve and others for guidance and Mani paper wood - a fun wet day!

CraigB
25-10-10, 05:23 PM
Ho Mani! Dont blame the ndn dancers for the wet weather...lol

Oldboy
25-10-10, 06:41 PM
Thanks to all for a fun trip.
Was good meeting all & putting faces to names.

Big thanks to Steve for helping me with my JKS Disco,
that didn't want to disconnect.
BTW, when I pulled of the road suddenly on the way home,
that was because the better half was craving mango's. :~

Edit: Regarding the disco.
What's the best way to fix it?
A few love taps from a BFH?
Or grind away some of the damper mount?

Hunty
25-10-10, 07:41 PM
Hi Guyz
I had a great time in the rain on the weekend @ the Zig Zag - I really enjoyed running the pipe in the greasy mud. Thanx to our illustrious leaders and especially SteveT for his awesome and patient guidance!!!!!

I shot the Jeeps that dared to try the first big challenge and was impressed with our newby Jose in his black fairly stock JK on fairly average tyres LoL

The video was shot on my iphone and not my Pro beast (could'nt take it out in the rain) enjoy
cheers Hunty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53XZgpzZHaY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O2Tcsc8YAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCuOawq-z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWoj7Yfa3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebYsExV5ILE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9rLGMv5iA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0aDuKQ4lDc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQIbps8Epj4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5HHO4W4F8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Re8zn1m33w

stevet
25-10-10, 08:06 PM
Just think, I did that same slope in 2wd, road pressure's just days before tha last "novice day" a few weeks ago???. Shows how the track conditions can radically change each run there..:)..... makes it that bit more interesting at times................. Good day all round....................:)...

Hunty
25-10-10, 08:19 PM
The Videos I just posted don't really show how treacherous it was
I was quite impressed with how well your (SteveT) TJ just walked on up! wish I could have got your run on video!
cheers Hunty

CraigB
25-10-10, 09:22 PM
those videos ooze mud-money...ho........!

Hunno
25-10-10, 10:49 PM
Just watching those videos it show how much that climb changed from the start.
By the way thats for the tug Steve.
What a BLAST.

Dieselcon
25-10-10, 11:20 PM
Stevet- hard to believe your saying it was a D grade a few weeks ago.
Hunno- 2 true ... The track condition did change dramatically as the day progressed
Hunty- thankyou for the videos. Posted some comments aswell

Looking forward to Stockton beach this Sunday. Please rain stay away....will be camping Saturday night.
Cheers jeepers
Jose

5teve
25-10-10, 11:29 PM
Thanks for a great day out. It was wet and cold one but we all enjoyed it.
Cleaning the carpet won’t be as much fun I guess.
See you all next time.
Here is a link to a few pictures enjoy http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/21awg6k3ptthlidkgc8x
Stefan

Steve F
25-10-10, 11:42 PM
Thanks for a great day out. It was wet and cold one but we all enjoyed it.
Cleaning the carpet won’t be as much fun I guess.
See you all next time.
Here is a link to a few pictures enjoy http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/21awg6k3ptthlidkgc8x
Stefan

I still haven't got all the mud out of mine from Lake Lyel. The smell has gone though :)

Cheers
Steve

TK421
26-10-10, 09:50 AM
Steve, the shots are awesome... ...looks like I missed out on an amazing day out. Darn weather... ...I know you prefer the mud and the water, but, on cold days I struggle and I am glad I didn't register to go, but, come hell or high water, I am on the next convoy! Count me in. Thanks for the posting such great photos.
Xandro.
PS: Glad to see the Cherokee go up the mud hill without a problem!

jk1978
26-10-10, 10:38 AM
nice photos we all had a great day out my son was a bit sick with all that rain but he loved it see u all next time.

stevet
26-10-10, 12:30 PM
The Videos I just posted don't really show how treacherous it was
I was quite impressed with how well your (SteveT) TJ just walked on up! wish I could have got your run on video!
cheers Hunty
Must admit though, I had the best track condition of anyone:p and a Terra-low T/Case does help out a little:D, so figured I better be up top if needed with a snatch or winch or two as turned out to be........:).....

Sebastian
26-10-10, 03:16 PM
Thanks for Sunday guys, it was a great day with lots of fun in the mud. I hope the weather gets better for us next time to make it more enjoyable though.

Special thanks to Steve for your support on the day, you're always very helpful.

Look forward to the next trip!