PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Sunday Dec 5th

Pura Vida
11-11-10, 02:56 PM
I'm going to be on Stockton on Dec 5th if anyone else wants to come. I'll already be in Port Stephens for work on Friday and Saturday and will be driving around on the dunes on Sunday if anyone wants to join.

I'll probably end up on Stockton at some point on Saturday too but can't predict my schedule.

Just to be clear, I am not planning nor leading this trip. I'm just announcing that I'm going to be there if anyone else wants to come--hence making it a trip.

As for now, this thread is only a 'trip suggestion'.

I'm only filling out the details below for the sake of compliance. I would actually suggest that you arrive earlier and enter via Lavis lane because it's closer.

Where -- Stockton Beach,
When -- Sunday Dec 5th,
Meet -- Port Stephens entrance
Time -- 10am
Grade -- C
Requirements -- recovery points/gear/radio is suggested but not required. You can always dig your way out
This run is limited to -- 65 vehicles
Further info contact --- Ben and will post mobile later if needed
Radio channel: 15/18

Attending:

stevet
11-11-10, 03:49 PM
Ben,
pm sent......:)...........:)..

Pura Vida
11-11-10, 05:13 PM
Not sure why you can't just post a trip "suggestion" in this section without the thread being an official trip upon the first post.

Pura Vida
11-11-10, 06:06 PM
Since I'll be in the area all weekend, I may actually try to do the Killingsworth Loop as well (after reading the killingsworth thread).

Any other B/C tracks in the Newcastle/Port Stephens area?

stevet
11-11-10, 06:34 PM
Forum: Trip Suggestions & Reports

Like to run a sanctioned club trip, post it here. Any trip posted in this section is an official SJC trip and a trip report and attendance register is required
Ben as you can see the above posting is on the top of the trips page.
"Suggested run's" or asking if there is interest in a run o.k.. Get a good response, well club run it is if they want to be on the forum & be covered by our limited liability insurance, no interest, well it happens so you say that's life..................... Trying to get some uniformity for posting up runs or expression of interest in runs so all can follow the same guidelines. I had some concerned members wondering what they can or can not attend/whats needed/or wanted on some runs so we have to address the issue to make plain for all to follow............ Thank you for your change Ben...................Stephen T.

Pura Vida
29-11-10, 10:51 AM
I'm still planning on doing some tracks in the Newcastle/Port Stephens/Stockton area this Sunday. There are plenty of tracks in the area including killi loop, which we didn't actually do last Saturday.

Let me know if you'd like to join.

Pura Vida
06-12-10, 12:04 AM
So I ended up going out on Stockton on Saturday with some ausjeep guys. Lots of fun.

Here's a picture of Sarge catching some serious air....

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44356&d=1291550259

Steve F
06-12-10, 12:12 AM
Ouch, was it a nose dive into the sand and then over? I'm assuming everyone is OK?

Cheers
Steve

Maggie
06-12-10, 09:47 AM
So I ended up going out on Stockton on Saturday with some ausjeep guys. Lots of fun.

Here's a picture of Sarge catching some serious air....

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=44356&d=1291550259 I can only see a red x .. no picture?

Pura Vida
06-12-10, 12:24 PM
Ouch, was it a nose dive into the sand and then over? I'm assuming everyone is OK?

Yeah, I think he came over hot and then hit the brakes. He was teetering on his nose for what seemed like a second and half before completing the summersault. I think they were shaken up quite a bit and there was a lot of exciting head bleeding (shallow with lots of blood but stopped quickly and wasn't serious).

Steve F
06-12-10, 12:30 PM
So how was it recovered, I'm guessing more damage as it was flopped onto its side and then on to the wheels. Towed off the beach or drivable, probably lots of smoke for a while if it was driven?

Not good for someone who seems like a newbie but does really highlight what can happen on the sand.

Cheers
Steve

Pura Vida
06-12-10, 12:44 PM
You can see in the picture that I'm attaching a strap to the front of his bumper. I then spun him 90 degrees so that he was parallel with the dune and then with the gradient it only took three guys to flip him onto his side and then once more onto his wheels. You could definitely see it put strain (but not damage) on the wheels when flipping and the sides had alread sustained sufficient damage to where the doors couldn't open.

Then for probably numerous reasons it wouldn't start so we dug him out and then I towed him back through the dunes to lavis lane, which consisted of about 100+ snatches of 3 meters each plus one long one of about 5km. Some we even had to go double strap so that I could get myself past some soft/steep spots as well as get more momentum to jerk him free.

I'll post some more pictures soon.

Pura Vida
06-12-10, 01:18 PM

A few more pictures