PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyell Camping, 4wding, Fishing, Boating or just sit on your A with a coldie.

Hunno
04-12-10, 12:04 AM
Where: Lake Lyell,:o
When: 26,27 & 28th December, or stay as long or as short as you like!
Meet: Lake Lyell -33.519633, 150.076828 (this is a guess. the actual camp site will be chosen on the day.
Time: When you get there.:confused:
Grade: Time to explore every grade from Z(lol) - A, find what we can find
Requirements: recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink ;D of choice, camera, tent you decide what you want to bring.
This run is limited to -- Unlimited. You can invite anyone with any type of car:rolleyes:.

Note: this is just a couple of days away to meet people, explore more of Lake Lyell & Mt Walker
Not sure maybe a camping fee of $10 per night for a site (Max 8 people per site) $1.25 pp:o WOW! Showers are on site but takes 20c per 2-3min:eek:.

CraigB
04-12-10, 04:38 PM
hey Hunno....sure you can use colour in the post? might be a bit over the top mate....

Steve F
04-12-10, 04:56 PM
Might try and get up there for a day, wont know until it gets a little closer though.

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
04-12-10, 05:32 PM
hey Hunno....sure you can use colour in the post? might be a bit over the top mate....

Computers & Bourbon don't mix

jk1978
05-12-10, 08:56 AM
I will come their for a day may be 27 don't have any camping gear if we can get an idea what time exploreing start .

Sandy

Wolfe
05-12-10, 09:16 AM

Why? He followed the template, thats all thats asked of everybody. Hey Hunno I'll come up camp and drive. Sounds great :)

CraigB
05-12-10, 06:32 PM
All I was incredibly worried about Firewalker, was that the post looked a bit individualistic - you know, the trip looks like fun, seems thats the main reason to post up a trip, yet looking like some fun or being individual has been eradicated. I suppose thats the way things go now, especially if the ''4WD Association" require it that way - perhaps robots would suffice.

Steve F
05-12-10, 06:40 PM
All I was incredibly worried about Firewalker, was that the post looked a bit individualistic - you know, the trip looks like fun, seems thats the main reason to post up a trip, yet looking like some fun or being individual has been eradicated. I suppose thats the way things go now, especially if the ''4WD Association" require it that way - perhaps robots would suffice.

Sounds like you worry too much, I think you'll find that having a template for trips has really not made any difference to the enjoyment of the trip :) and actually made it easier for most to decide if the trip is for them :)

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
05-12-10, 10:20 PM

Well, I guess you were wrong then.

stevet
05-12-10, 10:29 PM
26th :) & may get lucky to stay till 27th.:eek:..:)..O0....:).

CraigB
06-12-10, 11:00 PM
Yeah your'e right, I wasn't worried at all, worry comes with care.

Hunno
07-12-10, 01:54 AM
Craig lets skip the Bullsh*t,
You coming to play & haved a beer or 3 with me or what???????????????

CraigB
07-12-10, 10:40 AM
Thats more like it! Some sang froid.....Good one Hunno, I'll come for a beer for sure....should find out this week if we can get those 3 work days between Christmas and new year off. Soon as I know, I'll confirm it for you.

TRBN8R
10-12-10, 09:21 AM
Ohhhhh No...

My days off start on the 29th....

Would have loved to come but unfortunately cant make it...

rupicon
11-12-10, 10:35 AM
sounds good will have to see adout ather comitments

D.K.
17-12-10, 09:06 AM
Im keen for at least a day, will know for sure nearer the time

85cj7
17-12-10, 11:15 PM
I'm a definite maybe. Pending technicalities of transport and time scheduling.

Hunno
18-12-10, 01:03 AM
Ryan worst case the camping area is only 10-15 from Lithgow train Station. Myself or at least one of us could always duck over & get you.
Unfortunitly I will aleady be in the Blue mountains at Friends for Christmas Dinner & heading out from there Boxing Day.

Heidi
18-12-10, 09:49 AM
Hello might be worth keep an eye on the national parks website as Marrangaroo is currently closed (north of the river including Mt Walker)

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkFireClosure.aspx?id=N1118

jk1978
18-12-10, 02:57 PM
Ryan if u like i will be going their on the 26th just for the day i can take you if u can manage to come to blacktown. Hunno what time on 26th and r we hitting any trail on the day .

Hunno
18-12-10, 06:56 PM
I'm guessing yes, there a no formal time tables or runs just a chance to explore kick back meet & greet. However having said that I sure there will be runs every day as not everyone is coming on the same day oreven staying. I have to leave to pick up my daughter midday ish as we are heading to Pt Mac on the afternoon of the 28th but other have talked about staying longer. There was nothing overly formal about this trip, just I have a very quiet Christmas this year so I thought I would go camping with an open invite to all not just club members.
ALL VISITORS ARE WELCOME!!! Jeep or Non Jeep alike. You don't even need a working 4wd I'm sure there will be spare seats.

Hunno
23-12-10, 04:51 PM
NOTE:

Due to on going Problem with my Rear Diff I will NOT be camping at Lake Lyell. >:(

However If people are still interested they should still go.

If people are interseted in a day trip only on the 27TH Dec & have a spare seat, I would be interested & would still give everyone a chance to explore the area.

Hunno

stevet
23-12-10, 07:34 PM
On my lonesome again..:eek:......:)...... space available for the 27th, day trip only..:(.........:).......

jk1978
24-12-10, 07:58 AM
27th is good for me what time i got one visitor with me who just bought a jk

stevet
25-12-10, 05:02 PM
This run is for Monday 27/12/2010.........
Who's going up for the day?? ZigZag may be a better location as I know my way around there, unlike Lake Lyell. There is a predicted storm/wet weather for tomorrow's forecast so as you know the track conditions can change radially. Willing to have a run Monday but will cancel the run at short notice depending on the weather conditions prevailing.:(...:).....
Meet - Richmond Macca's @ 8.00a.m - Depart @ 8.15a.m, or
Meet - ZigZag carpark @ 9.30a.m.,
Grade - "C+" with "B" options, There are bi-pass's around the harder sections but they are wearing a bit apparently,
Bring/Have - Recovery point(s), have own recovery gear, CB, Food & drink of choice, camera/video, GPS mapper if you have one,
Attendence to run will be limited to 10 drivers +1
Further details contact... Stephen T., Mob. No. 0412-707903....:).........:)....

Bear
25-12-10, 07:14 PM
27th is good for me what time i got one visitor with me who just bought a jk
If I get my brakes sorted tomorrow 26th. I should be good for a run on 27th.

jk1978
26-12-10, 07:47 AM
see u at Richmond

Bear
26-12-10, 03:51 PM
Will not be available for run to Lake Lyell on 27th

stevet
26-12-10, 10:27 PM
With the current rain fall and with more predicted tonight, I will not attend the run.....:(.............Track conditions will be very difficult tomorrow so "Tread Lightly"........:)........... The club run planned for tomorrow is CANCELLED...:(........:).