PDA

View Full Version : Engineering certificate

Will2003tj
09-12-10, 11:20 AM
hi all,

i have been trying hard to get an engineers certificate on my tj. Some people in sydney dont engineer suspension lifts, some dont seem very keen on doing it, others are confused with current laws from the rta leaving just about nobody.

Is there someone anyone recommends?

specs are;

2003tj
2.5" superflex kit
32" tyres
front panhard, drop bracket rear
standard brakes
readjusted speedo
wider flares
rear mudflap kit

The biggest problem im having after chatting with engineers is my wheel offset. Mine are -19mm which puts it way over of the allowed 50mm increase in track width. According to most a 25mm increase is allowed, however one engineer informed me that 50mm was allowed on solid axles, and that 25mm was for independant suspension.

This brings me to my next question. does anyone have some 32's or 33's on some big backspacing rims, similar to stock rims or even stock rims?

This is a PITA.

Thanks guys

Hoppy
28-01-11, 12:57 PM
Hiya will.
Not sure if it's too late, but try John at Consulmotive at Mortdale 9153 0011. This guy eng'd my 4" IRO lift on my WJ and included my tyres as well on the cert. Cost me $800. I believe he does a lot of stuff for Macquarie 4x4. You may need a calibration cert for your speedo. $50 from instrument shop at Blacktown. Found them in the yellow pages.