PDA

View Full Version : Shock bushing replacements

glend
18-12-10, 10:36 PM
I have a pair of Old Man Emu rear shocks and the lower rubber bushings have collapsed and I need to replace them. ANyone know where I can get replacement bushings before Christmas? Prefer urethane I guess but rubber has lower NVH doesn't it?

Cheers
Glen

sbadman
19-12-10, 08:24 AM
ARB's the distributor aren't they? I would say they might be your best bet. Otherwise you might be able to take the old bushing to somewhere like Repco and see if they can match it up.

Rubber certainly is more comfortable than urethane, and it works well enough in factory applications! :)

glend
19-12-10, 01:21 PM
Thanks Scott. Repco were useless (at least the one at Lidcombe) - the kid behind the counter told me he had never heard of OME and could offer me only what his system said was the replacement for the stock shocks. I just could not be bothered chasing this before Christmas so I ordered two new OMEs and I will rebush the old ones when I get them out and they can be my spares for the Cape Trip.

Cheers
Glen

sbadman
19-12-10, 01:27 PM
Thanks Scott. Repco were useless (at least the one at Lidcombe) - the kid behind the counter told me he had never heard of OME and could offer me only what his system said was the replacement for the stock shocks. I just could not be bothered chasing this before Christmas so I ordered two new OMEs and I will rebush the old ones when I get them out and they can be my spares for the Cape Trip.

Cheers
Glen

I find depending who you get at Repco sometimes you're best off not even saying what it came off. Case in point, when I needed new idler and tensioner pulleys for the XJ, I took the old ones in and said I was after a matching V6 Commodore pulleys which I knew would fit, didn't mention the word 'Jeep' at all!

zjtoo
21-12-10, 07:58 PM
Scott white line suspension i think is the name coreen ave penrith they have a varirty of shock bushings and sleeves i got apair for my shocks 2 weeks ago mine had wrong size sleeves for thebolts cost $10 ea or pair not sure ray