PDA

View Full Version : **** LOCKER HILL***** (aka - pre-Mt Walker) - 12/2/11

MOP44R
10-01-11, 02:50 PM
Where -- Lake Lyall
When --Saturday 12th February to Sunday 13th February 2011
Meet -- Either first servo on right hand side on Great Western Hwy just after M4 finished @730am or Shell Servo just into Lithgow on the Lake Lyall turn off @ 830am, head off @9am.

Well I know some people maybe saying 'Lake Lyall again' but I love the place, something for everyone but this trip is to primarily head to 'Locker Hill' (Hill just before Mt Walker, we missed last trip) and for that reason I would suggest, lift, tyres, locker (if no locker maybe a winch).
I went up this hill without a locker and just couldn't quite get there without winching, went away got a locker and got up, probably the reason why I call it locker hill. Now Im not saying you have to have a locker/s to come on this trip personally it doesnt bother me who comes >:D but standard trucks either just wont bother trying or if they do will walk away with damage but if you do have a standard truck we will be tackling some great tracks to get to locker hill and then you can always just watch the game buggers who want to give it ago.

Grade -- A/B depending on the weather
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

Further info contact ---Ben Hocking 0404 820 850

**** IF CAMPING *****

You will need tent, bedding, change of clothes (I would imagine), more Food, drink, beer/whatever alcohol you drink and whatever else you think is necessary

Attending Camping:

1. MOP44R - First Servo @730 (+ Nissan D40)
2. Hunno -
3. SKIZZI -
4. Tonysrich -
5. Marcus -
6. Will2003tj -

Saturday Only

1. Steve F - + 1 in 100 series
2. Cpage66
3. Steve T -
4. D.K -
5. JK1978 - (possible Visitor)
6. Dieselcon (+ Nissan Patrol)
7. Redruby -

marcus
10-01-11, 03:00 PM
put me down please

MOP44R
10-01-11, 03:11 PM
No worries Marcus, we'll get you stuck in that big mud hole so I can recover you YET again.... hahaha

Bear
10-01-11, 03:33 PM
MOP44R are you aware that a trip has been called for this date, for club members to attend "Edited location out go to the Members section to see the trip" of good faith in our efforts to get the locals on side to support our jambo endeavours, unless you intend to combine both trips.

Steve F
10-01-11, 03:39 PM
Not only that but I have you down as coming to the other location ;)

Cheers
Steve

MOP44R
10-01-11, 03:46 PM
MOP44R are you aware that a trip has been called for this date, for club members to attend "Edited location out go to the Members section to see the trip" of good faith in our efforts to get the locals on side to support our jambo endeavours, unless you intend to combine both trips.

Yep completely forgot about that, still 100% for Jambo so will move Locker Hill trip to another Saturday

Cheers guys

Ben

Hunno
10-01-11, 04:19 PM
Saturday 12th February 2011 & I get a Dana 44 fitted by then count me in

MOP44R
10-01-11, 04:27 PM
No worries, depending on the level of attention we can go either or both so will put you down for the 12/2

Wolfe
10-01-11, 06:21 PM
i'd like to go in feb also please :)

MOP44R
10-01-11, 06:33 PM
Down Wolfe and I have removed this weekend and opted for Feb only... Cheers guys

Steve F
10-01-11, 07:04 PM
Put me down as well :)

Cheers
Steve

Greg D
10-01-11, 07:55 PM
I would like to join the trip - my first with the club.

Greg Davies

Sorry - now need to cancel - my wife just reminded me that we have plans to be away that weekend.

stevet
10-01-11, 07:58 PM
I would like to attend the Feb. run please. Hope to be fixed by then......................

Cpage66
10-01-11, 08:32 PM
Yes please...and Feb.

Hunty
10-01-11, 09:29 PM
Jax & I are in too
Jan ???? we dont get home till 20th Jan so we vote for after then! lol
cheers Hunty

driftdave
10-01-11, 09:53 PM
Put me down.
Id love to come.

I dont have a locker but ive made it up that hill before.
is that the one you popped you spring out on?

Cheers
Dave

Dieselcon
11-01-11, 12:37 AM
Hope I'm not too late.. Please include me aswell

jk1978
11-01-11, 10:02 AM
Hi Ben pls put me down and one guest

MOP44R
11-01-11, 10:22 AM
WOW a great response... Full in under 24hrs...

So the I have placed a waiting list as normally there are some cancellations as we get closer but we may be able to push it to 10 closer to the date but I dont want to go over that mainly because it just takes to long to get everyone through and last time we had 18 trucks and didnt get to do this hill as we ran out of time but I dont like people missing out on a good day so we can just wait a till a little closer to make that decision.

driftdave - Hey mate, Ive never dropped a spring (touch wood) this hill Im talking about is basically at the foot of Mt Walker, quite rocky then you get to a mother of a rock shelf thats is an IFS killer (watched an idiot in a hilux completely stuff his truck up on this hill)... Its a great little BIG hill...

MOP44R
11-01-11, 10:22 AM
WOW a great response... Full in under 24hrs...

So the I have placed a waiting list as normally there are some cancellations as we get closer but we may be able to push it to 10 closer to the date but I dont want to go over that mainly because it just takes to long to get everyone through and last time we had 18 trucks and didnt get to do this hill as we ran out of time but I dont like people missing out on a good day so we can just wait a till a little closer to make that decision.

driftdave - Hey mate, Ive never dropped a spring (touch wood) this hill Im talking about is basically at the foot of Mt Walker, quite rocky then you get to a mother of a rock shelf thats is an IFS killer (watched an idiot in a hilux completely stuff his truck up on this hill)... Its a great little BIG hill...

D.K.
11-01-11, 12:47 PM
Reserve please, Ben!

MOP44R
11-01-11, 02:53 PM
Reserve please, Ben!

Done...

OK... Plans have slightly changed again, nothing serious just might mean we can take more trucks.

Me and a couple of mates have decided to stay up there the night camping with the trailer anyone is more then welcome to hang around and go home Sunday if they like, it also means standard trucks can now come as we can do some harder and softer stuff over the weekend including locker hill but also including all kinds of different stuff like rock, mud, crossings, etc...

So people already on the list let me know if your there for the day or staying over, the camp spot we use is really good just up from the creek and in light of this we should be able to take any number really as not everyone will stay so we can basically head straight to the camp spot from the servo and then from there split up and people wanting to tackle the harder tracks come with me and people not can go exploring (Cant get lost there trust me) and meet back at the camp spot later and then the next day I can take who ever is remaining on some really great tracks up there...

I will remove the waiting list and instead have a day and camp list so let me know which one you want to be on

Cheers

Ben

Steve F
11-01-11, 03:12 PM
Saturday only for me.

Cheers
Steve

MOP44R
11-01-11, 04:27 PM
Saturday only for me.

Cheers
Steve

No worries Steve

Cpage66
11-01-11, 06:08 PM
Saturday only...and room for a guest on the run???

stevet
11-01-11, 07:15 PM
Saturday thank's..............

Wolfe
11-01-11, 07:59 PM
I'd love to camp the nite

MOP44R
11-01-11, 11:10 PM
Cool all changes made, Wolfe should be a great weekend...

How many for camping..? As mentioned now we are going for two days all trucks welcome PLENTY to do at Lake Lyall...

Hunno
11-01-11, 11:41 PM
How many for camping..?

Yep child free weekend for me.

D.K.
12-01-11, 09:32 AM
Saturdays good for me

jk1978
12-01-11, 09:48 AM
Ben sat is good for me .

MOP44R
12-01-11, 09:57 AM
All Changes made, Cant wait for this weekend... Keep them coming...

Dieselcon
12-01-11, 06:44 PM
Camping sounds great... Will probably have kids.. 12 yr and 5yr girls.. Will confirm kids when closer to date.
Have a friend with a patrol who would like to tag along. Is this possible???? I can stick a jeep tag over the Nissan badge.. Lol
Cheers jose

SKIZZI
12-01-11, 07:53 PM
This sounds great.

If there is any room for another can you put me down for Saturday only. I'd like to try mount this locker hill :)

5teve
12-01-11, 11:01 PM
i'd like to join you on saturday
thanks stefan

tonysrich
12-01-11, 11:27 PM
Put me down for both days plus camping. Can you add some details to the camping spot like the location and whether there are any amenities, rubish bins, fire places. What is the creek like? safe for kids to swim in?

MOP44R
13-01-11, 10:02 AM
OK... Dieselcon, Ive got no issue with a Patrol coming as coming camping is a mate of mine with a lifted D40 Navara if anyone has an issue let us/me know.

Tony, the camp site is a great IMO... But there are No amenities (so bring your shovel), there are no bins (so bring bags or a box to place rubbish to take out with you), No fire place (unless you count the ground where we normally have an almost bonfire normally and the creek is great, rocky, but great little hole... Never had an issue down there expect the fact its frakin cold... ;D

Im going to attempt to place a pic of google maps and location:

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/10313674.jpg/

Its hard to explain where it is unless you know the area really well but, if you are at the beginning of locker hill you turn left and head down the track heading NW and about a click down the road you come to a left turn but keep heading straight another half a click down the road another bend to the right to head to the state forest but head straight down to the creek...
Like I said a little hard to explain but trust me great place, quite, off the main track and quite safe

SKIZZI
13-01-11, 10:31 AM
Is the servo that you are meeting eveyone at 730 after you cross the napean river?

MOP44R
13-01-11, 10:44 AM
Yep, its about 2 clicks up the Great Western Hwy on the left opposite a oval

SKIZZI
13-01-11, 11:18 AM
Sweet see you there

Can't wait :)

MOP44R
13-01-11, 11:30 AM
*** CAMPING UPDATE ***

Those camping thought I would add if you can have food and drinks before that Saturday it would be good as stopping on the way wouldnt be fair for our Saturday only crew, ice we can get on the day...

Only other thing I was just thinking about is everyones thoughts on the weather... I dont mind the rain, camped in it quite a lot looking at the next 28 day rain forecast it could and most probably will be a wet weekend, plus the rain before hand means all creeks will be right up
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/central-tablelands

Steve F
14-01-11, 11:52 PM
Can you add a + 1 for me, mate in his 100 Series is looking at coming along to watch what we can do :)

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
15-01-11, 11:53 PM
Count me in for camping got out of commitments :-)

Dieselcon
17-01-11, 06:18 PM
Of those camping...are wifes/partners, kids coming.
My disfunctional family not sure if they want to come if it's just the boys!!!!!
Would be nice if weekend is family friendly...

Hunno
17-01-11, 08:08 PM
No, just me for this weekend.
However as stated in the Rydal Show thread I am taking Harmony camping the weekend before at the camping grounds as there are toilets & showers, nothing but nature this weekend.

Dieselcon
17-01-11, 08:36 PM
Yeh saw that.... Might be pushing the relationship if I go 2 weekends in a row! If you know what I mean!!
Cheers Jose

MOP44R
18-01-11, 10:06 AM
Sorry for bit of delay in getting back to the post, was away from computer all weekend.

Im fine with who ever comes camping, ie family weekend or not, I will say when we normally go camping its pretty laid back, big fire, plenty of drinking, music, laughs and lots of meat so if everyone is cool with that and the fact there are no toilets only a bush then the more the merrier...

1stJeep
20-01-11, 07:47 PM
No fire either!!

Hunty
20-01-11, 09:11 PM
Jax & I :(
Sadly have to pull out - I have to shoot a show Sat AM in Sydney till 1:30pm to late too drive to the lake! :(
hunty

MOP44R
21-01-11, 10:31 AM
No fire either!!

Fire is fine & we make a BIG one normally... Only way to cook I say

MOP44R
21-01-11, 10:32 AM
Jax & I :(
Sadly have to pull out - I have to shoot a show Sat AM in Sydney till 1:30pm to late too drive to the lake! :(
hunty

No worries i remove you and hopefully see guys next time mate

Will2003tj
21-01-11, 01:11 PM
So i take it the trip on saturday is full?

MOP44R
21-01-11, 02:08 PM
So i take it the trip on saturday is full?

Im sure we can squeeze you in mate

bradleyfutter
21-01-11, 02:55 PM
hi there,

I'd be pretty keen for this trip if there is space. I'd be keen on camping the weekend to.

Thanks,
Brad

MOP44R
21-01-11, 04:23 PM
hi there,

I'd be pretty keen for this trip if there is space. I'd be keen on camping the weekend to.

Thanks,
Brad

No worries, I'll put you down

MOP44R
21-01-11, 04:24 PM
hi there,

Thanks,
Brad

No worries, I'll put you down

SKIZZI
26-01-11, 11:34 PM
I'm so looking forward to this :)

MOP44R
27-01-11, 02:52 PM
Me too mate...

& as we get closer Im getting a better indication as to the weather and so far so good, seems like at this stage the weather Gods could be on our side (touch wood) and if you go to the link below you'll see its shaping up well.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/central-tablelands

I would still recommend wet gear for the campers as you never know, but Saturday should be a nice day.

SKIZZI
27-01-11, 05:01 PM
Will we be crossing any rivers? I see you classify the day as A/B grade. What does that mean? Is that just the locker hill part or are most of the tracks difficult.

MOP44R
27-01-11, 06:28 PM
Mainly just locker hill thats A and yes there will be river crossings and last time we went there was lots of rain and it was high then and since then there has been a heap of rain up there so Im expecting the same...

Saturday I will trying to hit some of the harder spots so A/B, but Sunday we can hit B/C places but its one of those spots were there are other tracks you can use instead of the hard tracks (Chicken tracks)

So trucks without a snorkel NEED a bra or a tarp to place over front to help with water crossings, mind you its still up to you guys when we get there and get to the camp spot I'll be taking roof and doors off... Cant wait... Pic to the left is taken up top of locker hill

SKIZZI
27-01-11, 06:45 PM
Sweet just fitted a snorkel :)

driftdave
27-01-11, 09:46 PM
Im out, sorry for the late reply

Dave

5teve
27-01-11, 11:30 PM
sorry guys i have to pull out. I'm going to a birthday party.
have a nice trip
stefan

MOP44R
28-01-11, 12:05 PM
No worries guys, see you next time

MOP44R
28-01-11, 12:15 PM
***UPDATE***

OK mainly a question and your LACK of response will answer as its mainly for the Saturday only crew, as you can imagine camping the night you need to bring even a little bit of gear (Im bringing a camper trailer) but Im thinking we modify the morning slightly...

I and anyone else carrying too much gear dont really want to come in the hard way if I have to so Im thinking when we leave the Shell at Lithgow we will go in the opposite way and basically high tail it to the camp spot, wont even really need to air down, we get to the spot do an unbelievably QUICK (Now Im talking to the camping crew) set up/drop off of the gear and then make our way around the place from there...

Here is the great part for any Wrangler driver, as we now have a 'base' and it looks like its going to be a great day, anyone wanting to remove there roof and/or doors can and leave it there and then when we come back we'll pick them up later, then all people leaving for the night I will take right back out via the three hills pass and come back to camp after.

If anyone has any issue please let me know, I dont want to step on anyones toes this is just a way to get everyone nice and light for the days adventure, plus gives us a place to come back for lunch as well as Im thinking after we unpack we go straight to Locker hill, have some fun there for a few hours (only about a click from camp) come back to camp for lunch and then after lunch go and do some more less aggressive hills rated around B/C

Again, if everyone is cool with this no need to reply, unless you want to.. but otherwise speak up or forever hold your peace...

& Remember camping crew, you need to have all your gear including food, drink, beer, etc before the Saturday as we wont be stopping on the way up as its not really fare for the day crew to hang around while we shop

Cheers guys and looking forward to it

Steve F
30-01-11, 12:58 AM
If you want some time to setup or think it will take a while I'm happy to take those that aren't camping in around the Rydal side and do a power line climb and then cut back down to the creek near the fence line , across the creek and up to Locker hill? Should only take us around 45 minutes if we just drive and don't get out too much, maybe even less than that. It would be a C+ track.

Cheers
Steve

MOP44R
30-01-11, 10:03 AM
That would be great Steve, shouldnt take very long to set up and drop off at camp and we meet up at locker hill for a few hours and head back to camp for lunch.

Dieselcon
31-01-11, 09:42 PM
Boys from the Gong are keen for weekend to come soon!!! We're both (Geof in Patrol) bring our campers up, Ive only used it once so I'm hoping It doesn't take me long to set up..dont want to miss out on any 4b'n..LOL.
Hope the heat settles down as am looking forward to camp fire on Saturday night!!.Kids are excited aswell... See you all there. Will propably leave here at 530ish so should meet up with you guys at the servo. Will confirm meeting point closer to date.
Cheers Jose

jk1978
01-02-11, 10:19 AM
Looking forward to the weekend .Might stay overnight but not sure yet.

jbrad
03-02-11, 10:03 PM
I'm keen to tag along for the Saturday. I came to the meeting last night and submitted club membership paperwork although am not a financial member yet. I would like to come in on the Sat to see how you guys run things down here in Sydney (new arrival). I'm up for some fun. I running an 09 JKU auto, 2" OME lift on 32 G'year Muds. ARB steel on front & rear with rear locker. I'm not new to 4wd, and I've done my fair share of recoveries (on both ends). I'd love to camp overnight but have committments the following day. I'm also a novice with forums, I expect someone (MOP44R) will let me know if I can come or not. Jas

MOP44R
04-02-11, 10:45 AM
I'm keen to tag along for the Saturday. I came to the meeting last night and submitted club membership paperwork although am not a financial member yet. I would like to come in on the Sat to see how you guys run things down here in Sydney (new arrival). I'm up for some fun. I running an 09 JKU auto, 2" OME lift on 32 G'year Muds. ARB steel on front & rear with rear locker. I'm not new to 4wd, and I've done my fair share of recoveries (on both ends). I'd love to camp overnight but have committments the following day. I'm also a novice with forums, I expect someone (MOP44R) will let me know if I can come or not. Jas

Hey Mate,

Yep come along, should be a good weekend with a bit of everything

bradleyfutter
04-02-11, 12:27 PM
Sorry but i have to pull out of this trip, managed to double book myself :(

MOP44R
04-02-11, 03:01 PM
Sorry but i have to pull out of this trip, managed to double book myself :(

No worries mate, Im plan on organising quite a few trips both camping and day trips this year so next time

MOP44R
07-02-11, 10:02 AM
*** UPDATE ***

+ A bump

Cant wait for this weekend, should be good, just to keep everyone informed on weather http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/central-tablelands

You will be able to see now there is a pretty good chance of rain, hopefully the weather Gods will be on our side but I do suggested bringing wet weather gear campers and looks like the creeks will be HIGH so non snorkel cars may want to have some sort of water blind, tarp or bra is good.
Camp site is quite grassy so if we do get a lot of rain it should be OK

MOP44R
07-02-11, 10:04 AM
*** UPDATE ***

+ A bump

Cant wait for this weekend, should be good, just to keep everyone informed on weather http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/central-tablelands

You will be able to see now there is a pretty good chance of rain, hopefully the weather Gods will be on our side but I do suggested bringing wet weather gear campers and looks like the creeks will be HIGH so non snorkel cars may want to have some sort of water blind, tarp or bra is good.
Camp site is quite grassy so if we do get a lot of rain it should be OK

SKIZZI
07-02-11, 07:54 PM
I wish the bar I ordered could hurry up and get here. Got a warn winch waiting to be installed and don't want to do it all on Friday night.

Dieselcon
07-02-11, 09:04 PM
We will meet you at the shell servo at 8.30. Will be on ch15. If any troubles will call you on your mobile.
Xcited!!
Cheers jose

stevet
07-02-11, 09:57 PM
Finish work at 7.00a.m, then have pick-up a passenger, so the earliest I can even make Richmond Macca's is 8.00a.m. So see you guys around 9.30a.m at Lake Lyal. Ch.15 with my new hand helds working this time around ??...............Stephen T.
P.S. - Anyone else want to meet at Richmond Macca's at 8.00a.m??

redrubi
08-02-11, 05:35 PM
We'll be there for SAT only! As the only stars we camp under are 5 stars!!!

Because as SteveT found out Charl only uses GIRLY Toilets!

Cheers

Andy & Charl

MOP44R
08-02-11, 05:41 PM
I cant wait, seems like the longest week in history at the moment.. hahahaha

No worries all Channel 15 100%

Steve we'll head in around 9 but like most times that normally gets pushed around but if by some wired turn of events and we are already on time we may head to the camp to set up and meet you at locker hill and get us on the phone or 2way when you are in there.

send me an sms with you number now and I'' call you Saturday morning when we are ready and see where you guys are

Cheers

Ben

MOP44R
09-02-11, 11:06 AM
Some nail biting info... My Jeep was put in on the weekend for a general service and the spring tensioner broke ($700 part) and as still in warranty been trying to get sorted ever since.

PAIN IN THE ....

SKIZZI
09-02-11, 12:42 PM
Fark. Bad timing. Excuse the pun :-/

Hope it gets sorted in time.

This week is going slowly for me too. Passing time looking at all the you tube footage of lake lyall etc.

MOP44R
10-02-11, 10:55 AM
Looks like it will be fixed today under warranty so it should be sorted, THANK FRAK...

COME ON WEEKEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember get your supplies, food and beer etc, by Saturday as we wont be stopping before hand and will be getting Ice at the shell servo meeting place in Lithgow

Dieselcon
10-02-11, 11:05 AM
Not happy. Misses has to work. Kids have swimming and ballet. So won't be camping.... Bugger. Will be up for Saturday only. Guess it's better than nothing. See ya there.

MOP44R
10-02-11, 11:11 AM
Updated, Thanks mate

MOP44R
10-02-11, 01:44 PM
Just found out there are a lot of road works at the moment on GWH so possibly Bells maybe quicker to head up but that time of the morning there might not be as heavy traffic but could be still effected by the roadworks so Im leaving it to everyone to go which ever way they want but to be at the Shell in Lithgow at the Lake Lyall turn off by 8.30am

Cheers

Ben

SKIZZI
10-02-11, 02:08 PM
So just to clarify... Are we not meeting at the 730 spot any more??

Is the meeting point the 830 spot??
Thanks
Greg

MOP44R
10-02-11, 02:46 PM
No I'll still be heading up GWH and heading to that first servo as already discussed, but just saying to everyone if they dont want to risk heading up GWH as long as we are all at that servo ready to leave by 9.00-9.15

SKIZZI
10-02-11, 02:51 PM
Cool... ok I'll be at the first servo at 730 as mentioned earlier

Hunno
10-02-11, 02:55 PM
How many people will have children with them?

I will have Harmony for her first camping trip. With many more to come *Fingers Crossed*

MOP44R
10-02-11, 03:52 PM
Pretty sure Marcus is camping with his little girl too

Well last time I chatted to him he was

Will2003tj
10-02-11, 05:38 PM
I am down for camping now too with my mate as passenger.

We are contemplating getting up there on late friday arvo. Where do you all plan on camping so we can be in the same area?

you guys can meet us at the camping spot on saturday morning and we will help unpack peoples crap before heading out for the day.

Cheers!

marcus
10-02-11, 07:11 PM
yes i will be bringing one of my girls with me probly the youngest one her first camping trip too :)

jk1978
11-02-11, 07:57 AM
Ben might have a visitor he just bought a JK and few frends want to tag along couple might be buying a JK more members.
Can you please give me the add for the shell servo been their once but can't rembember

MOP44R
11-02-11, 10:01 AM
ALL WELCOME as camping now so numbers are fine...

OK had a few people ask about where the camp spot is and its hard to explain if you dont know the area well and best I could do is get you a ball park on Google Maps coordinates

Put that into Google Maps and that should get you close

But I will try and give you some directions best I can... So if you know 'Locker Hill', rocky shelfy hill just before Mt Walker and your truck is facing to head up it you would turn left and head DOWN the dirt road about a click before coming to a side track coming from the left, KEEP HEADING STRAIGHT about another half click or so and you will come to a sweeping right but you can head straight (Or turn LEFT) and go down slightly towards creek THIS IS THE CAMP SPOT.

Hopefully that helps

Will2003tj
11-02-11, 10:56 AM
ALL WELCOME as camping now so numbers are fine...

OK had a few people ask about where the camp spot is and its hard to explain if you dont know the area well and best I could do is get you a ball park on Google Maps coordinates

Put that into Google Maps and that should get you close

But I will try and give you some directions best I can... So if you know 'Locker Hill', rocky shelfy hill just before Mt Walker and your truck is facing to head up it you would turn left and head DOWN the dirt road about a click before coming to a side track coming from the left, KEEP HEADING STRAIGHT about another half click or so and you will come to a sweeping right but you can head straight (Or turn LEFT) and go down slightly towards creek THIS IS THE CAMP SPOT.

Hopefully that helps

Perfect thanks so much

Wolfe
11-02-11, 03:51 PM
Sorry I have to pull out, Wifes working so I got transport duty

Dieselcon
11-02-11, 06:55 PM
Sorry I have to pull out, Wifes working so I got transport duty

How many wifes have you got? Lol
Shame, it looks like a good turnout plus some good wheeln to be done.

Wolfe
11-02-11, 09:31 PM
How many wifes have you got? Lol
Shame, it looks like a good turnout plus some good wheeln to be done.

She has split personality and neither had any sympathy for me. Next time

Steve F
11-02-11, 09:42 PM
She has split personality and neither had any sympathy for me. Next time

Don't worry we'll wheel extra hard to make up for you missing it ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
11-02-11, 10:51 PM
Don't worry we'll wheel extra hard to make up for you missing it ;)

Cheers
Steve

Thanks, take it easy everyone, its a jungle out there

MOP44R
11-02-11, 11:00 PM

Hey mate, sorry to see you missing... We'll have plenty more this year anyway

See you soon

Ben

MOP44R
11-02-11, 11:02 PM

Hey mate, sorry to see you missing... We'll have plenty more this year anyway

See you soon

Ben

Wolfe
12-02-11, 02:35 PM
I hope so I was looking forward to it, but i'll just have to get the next one. take plenty of pics

Steve F
12-02-11, 09:39 PM
There was a lot of water out there, the picture below shows the spot where we usually stop for lunch on the pebbles next to a short ankle deep creek crossing, its totally unpassable now!!! We usually park next to the trees in the middle and the far bank was only around 10 meters from there. If you watch the video that Hunty did of a SJC trip up there the bit with me talking at the beginning is this spot, we'd all be totally under water!!!

Anyway, great trip, pity about the rain but hopefully it stopped for the campers.

So the flooded section

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/IMG_4298.jpg

And Huntys video that shows the same spot right at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BmYLMN71nk

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
13-02-11, 09:19 AM
Doing those same climbs yesterday in the wet and in a stock open XJ was a lot of fun!!

Hunty
13-02-11, 11:49 AM
Had to work yesterday :(
was hanging to go - so hurry up and post some pix and some vids so I can live vicariously please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
Cheers Hunty

Dieselcon
13-02-11, 03:40 PM
Only had my phone for some happy snaps.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-50a0-e2c8.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-50fb-ab0d.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-513d-572c.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-5189-161a.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-51b4-9aba.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-51e6-3b0d.jpg

Some cool tracks ... Then the rain came...even better. Thanks guys, was my first water crossing. Great day out.

Dieselcon
13-02-11, 03:48 PM
This creek was a puddle when we first arrived. All changed after a few hr's of rain

http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-52eb-c67e.jpg

This wasn't part of sjc but I liked the number plate.
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-5361-8ddd.jpg

32's vs 37's
http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-53ce-5c71.jpg

Haven't worked out how to add movie clips yet.

BlackWrangler
13-02-11, 04:17 PM
OMG Looks like you had a great time!!!

driftdave
13-02-11, 04:18 PM
Looks wet!
Sweet trip

Maggie
13-02-11, 05:12 PM
Hey Jose,
Great pics, can you write a little story to go with each pic and send to editor@sydneyjeepclub.com ... Scott needs content if the members want a magazine.

doesn't have to be much, just a little description of each pic.

Maggie

sbadman
13-02-11, 05:52 PM
Thanks Maggie! Does look like a good trip, pity I was working and Kay had the Jeep with the float for the weekend.....

Saw some of the guys on Richmond Road heading back around quarter to 5, I was in my little yellow car so probably went unnoticed :P

Dieselcon
13-02-11, 06:14 PM
link to a video clip I took with my phone this was a near stock jk rubi that did the locker hill climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnCAFSPNHlk

You will find more in more videos

Sent from my iPhone
Cheers
Jose

SKIZZI
13-02-11, 06:48 PM
You guys should have seen the climb we did today. It Persuaded Ben to upgrade ;)

Here is a pic of another 4wd in trouble after we all got safely through. Shame we didn't get any pics of us going up this, it was tough :)

http://184.72.239.143/mu/31b0b123-8227-31fd.jpg

No trick photography here. The photo doesn't do it justice. When Ben went up I thought his mirrors were holding the car up

Steve F
13-02-11, 07:02 PM
You guys should have seen the climb we did today. It Persuaded Ben to upgrade ;)

Got any pics or details, there is one long slick climb I normally like to have a go at that we bypassed yesterday because of the weather (once you start there's no turning back) but always keen to see more :)

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
13-02-11, 07:09 PM
I don't know the area well enough to describe it but I'm sure mop44ar will let you guys know about it when he comes on. All I know is weeks ago it was c/d grade and today it was A grade.

Thanks to all that helped organize this awesome weekend. Great wheeling, great camping, great company and great cars! It was good to chat with a few of you and I look forward to all the future trips with the club.

Bring on the next one :)

Hunno
13-02-11, 09:14 PM
I drove that section last time, but this time Ben winched, I was snached using 3 snatches & Marcus a cross between winching & pulling. But the Incredible Hulk also know over the weekend as Mr37's drove it with both lockers in & a bit of mumbo. What a sight from below.

O' and Ben, so much for a 45min circuit! LOL.

Nearly forgot there was no going aroumd the bog hole at the bottom either it was under water, even the little detouraround the tree across the track just before was under

Steve F
13-02-11, 09:57 PM
So its the track after the boghole where me and Marcus sunk last time? If so it's never been a D grade climb always a C as a minimum and close to impossible in the wet with all that clay. Looks like its rutted out a lot though if I'm talking about the right track. We detoured it on Saturday as we didn't have time to run it and meet up with you guys, sounds like it was the right decision ;)

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
13-02-11, 10:26 PM
Yer thats the one, my turn to sink this time & no way to get around either - underwater

Marcus got though this time as I plowed thethe centre down being draged though.

MOP44R
14-02-11, 09:55 AM
Sorry for delay in getting on, I WAS KNACKED YESTERDAY!!

Yep so we are sitting at camp Sunday morning, just finished 3rd coffee and breakie and about 50% packed when decided to go for one last drive, told the guys its about 45-50min round trip back here... hahahaha
We left camp heading down to Steve first photo of the old lunch spot under water and start driving around, all weekend we have been commenting on how high the water level is and I take us back to the bog hole WE ALWAYS get hung up on with NO alternative route because of the water level (smart), although 35's and rear locker help, so I got through, Mr 37's a cake walk and Hunno gets stuck right in the middle needing a snatch... So then its Marcus' turn and last time he was stuck so he was expecting to get stuck this time so already snatch up he goes full tilt in low 4 2nd gear and becomes the HMAS Undermud as the bonnet and half windscreen go under, but those tractor tyres Mickey Thompson call CLAWS get him through.
So then its onto one of my favorite hills up there, get half way up & a POO TROL is coming down so he moves aside and lets us through and here I am saying to myself 'I'll show these guys what a REAL 4WD can do' hahahaha... Get stuck, try a couple of times but know there are trucks without 35's and a locker behind me so need to winch the last 50m, well didnt I get a work out... Think I dropped about 4kg getting myself out of that, what with jumping in and out of the truck, winching from 2 different spots but I got up... So then Hunno needed a triple snatch and Marcus really tested out his Premier winch but almost TWO HOURS LATER we get back at camp and part ways.

Guys BIG thank you to all that come, weather certainly made things interesting..

I'll be wanting to organise a trip to Watagans soon, so watch this space...

Cheers

MOP44R
14-02-11, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=SKIZZI;22456]You guys should have seen the climb we did today. It Persuaded Ben to upgrade ;)

Yep 37's are now a must for that new lift, your truck is UNREAL!!

jk1978
14-02-11, 10:21 AM
Thanks Ben to organise the trip had lots of fun .

MOP44R
14-02-11, 10:24 AM
Anytime mate, will be organising a lot more this year... Love gettin my truck in low... hahaha

marcus
14-02-11, 11:11 AM
I totally agree it was a great weekend with fun had by all
my 2 little girls had their first camping trip and were asking on the way home when the next one was :)
Ben thank you for leading the trip even with the rain it was still fun
cant wait for the next one

Cpage66
14-02-11, 06:04 PM
Did anyone get any pics of my little green HEEP????

SKIZZI
14-02-11, 06:20 PM
My girlfriend heard over the 2way that a few people forgot cameras so she got a heap of pics. I haven't seen any yet but I'll be uploading them as soon as I can. Funny thing is she said she only got a couple of my car. So I hope others got some of mine.

Dieselcon
14-02-11, 06:34 PM
Did anyone get any pics of my little green HEEP????

Just the one http://184.72.239.143/mu/79da2536-ccee-8617.jpg
sorry Chris

Dieselcon
14-02-11, 07:00 PM
My first time into a creek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5xOtKhYIs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Bugger. Some how the water disable my Traction control, locker and electronic swaybar. Still had heaps of fun

Bens jeep is first off the rank to tackle locker hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwTz4emGwaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ben at the first challenge up locker hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7gBKsWJ3IQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Finally made it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMGpLc_s0Oo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Steve coming up the locker hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eXM2AgE-W8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MOP44R
15-02-11, 09:59 AM
THEY ARE UNREAL VIDEOS MATE !!!!

Interesting to see how close (and far) I was from getting up straight away.... But just reinforces the fact, BIGGER lift, BIGGER tyres and Im blaming Greg... hahahaha

SKIZZI
15-02-11, 10:11 AM
It's just never-ending aye. I thought I was finished when I had 34s and 3.5 inch lift :-/

SKIZZI
15-02-11, 06:26 PM
Hey Ben, big lift and big tyres is good on the track but get ready for the maintenance. The steep angles of the control arms bring constant problems. My rear lower arm bushes are screwed again in less than 2000 km and one off road trip. I think I'm going to talk to an engineer about replacing the bush style joint with a more heavy duty style. Can't be bothered with a long arm now but if only I could turn back time, no one would convince me to take the short are option. Oh well...

Steve F
15-02-11, 07:14 PM
Hey Ben, big lift and big tyres is good on the track but get ready for the maintenance. The steep angles of the control arms bring constant problems. My rear lower arm bushes are screwed again in less than 2000 km and one off road trip. I think I'm going to talk to an engineer about replacing the bush style joint with a more heavy duty style. Can't be bothered with a long arm now but if only I could turn back time, no one would convince me to take the short are option. Oh well...

Do you have a rubber bush at both ends of the arms?

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
15-02-11, 07:44 PM
Urethane at the rail and metal ball thingys at the diff. What do you recon I should do. Have the full traction adjustable arms in it now. The bushes cost me about $300 to get custom made by pedders 2000km ago. Could go get them to do it again under warranty but I bet it won't last long. Need a solution. Wonder if I can get the metal ball ends on both sides??? Or maybe go the PPM lower arms for 400 odd dollars if they have off the shelf bushes for them locally, but I still recon they won't last

Miraz
15-02-11, 07:59 PM
Lots of people swear by the Nissan Patrol OE bushes....they should fit the full traction arms

MOP44R
16-02-11, 10:31 AM
Interesting Greg... I was looking at the 4" Full traction long arm kit but then decided on the short arm 4.5 Clayton off road but from the website (All of arms feature either Currie Johnny Joints or Clevite mechanically bonded rubber bushings) and heard nothing but good things about Clayton, kit also comes with Tom Woods 1310 drive shafts

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 03:31 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-93f6-60af.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9417-d6ec.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9433-8702.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9456-a755.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9471-b236.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-948d-9149.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-94bc-1db9.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-94dc-b44c.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-94f6-5841.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-950e-665d.jpg

A few pics from the 200

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 03:32 PM
A few more coz im limited to 10 at a time :-/

http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-952c-da86.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-954b-0831.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-956c-450e.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9585-d276.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-95a5-0ebb.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-95c1-4640.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-95d5-56ce.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-95f2-1d5b.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9613-d597.jpg
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9628-f6ec.jpg
Hunno could do with a slightly wider wheel track :-/

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 03:33 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/7a96f36b-9642-c0b6.jpg

As hard as I tried I couldn't get her dirtier

Steve F
17-02-11, 03:40 PM
Do you have them linked somewhere? or are they uploaded with tapatalk? They look like they are iphone app size ;) I'd be keen on looking at them and getting a few for a certain website update ;)

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 03:51 PM
Yea they are uploaded through Tapatalk but I can burn originals to a disc for you.

Steve F
17-02-11, 03:53 PM
Yea they are uploaded through Tapatalk but I can burn originals to a disc for you.

That'd be cool, if you're coming to the next meeting I'll grab them then if not we might have to organise something.

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 03:58 PM
I'll let you know when I have them on disc

SKIZZI
17-02-11, 04:07 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/31b84899-9f08-647b.jpg

Got to use the winches

Wolfe
17-02-11, 05:20 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/31b84899-9f08-647b.jpg

Got to use the winches

Thats a perfect pic to put somewhere

MOP44R
17-02-11, 05:26 PM
Nice I like those...

Steve F
17-02-11, 05:27 PM
Thats a perfect pic to put somewhere

Is it ever, I like this one as well

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
17-02-11, 06:59 PM
Is it ever, I like this one as well

Cheers
Steve
yep, very good

SteveC
18-02-11, 09:23 AM
Some of those images are really good and would make for a great addition to "the" web site, especially the winch one and the water crossing. Real Cool

SKIZZI
18-02-11, 12:26 PM
Anyone else get any photos. Cmon let's see them :)

sbadman
22-02-11, 05:37 PM
Would love some higher res pics and a story for the magazine, hint hint nudge nudge! editor@sydneyjeepclub.com (mailto:editor@sydneyjeepclub.com)

SKIZZI
22-02-11, 11:08 PM
Ok got the photos on disc. Made 2 copies. Pm me to organize

Cheers
Greg