PDA

View Full Version : tools

kaid
22-01-11, 02:15 PM
do you need special tools to instal timing kit in 2.8 crd. need help thanks

glend
22-01-11, 03:24 PM
Yes, there are two locking bolts required to lock the camshafts in place. I have a print out of the full instructions from the Service Manual (provided by Josh). Phil Reid (member) has actually done the timing belt change already (DIY) - you should talk to him. I believe you can make up the locking bolts yourself but Phil would know for sure.

Cheers
Glen

kaid
23-01-11, 10:31 AM
glen
would it be possible for you to email me a copy of instillation instruction for timing belt and pulleys
many thanks
kaid

oops forgot the eemail address kandi44@bigpond.com

JoMat
05-05-14, 01:46 AM
Hi Glen, I am new to this,not even sure if I posted in the right section, I would love to know what is required in tooling for camshaft, when changing JK CRD timing belt, I am sorry don't know who Phil is.
I know the tools can be rented from Midnight Mods in Melb, but I would like to not rush this.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Carlos N.

Dave
05-05-14, 09:42 AM
Hi Carlos, Glen is no longer a member of the club, moved to central coast a year ago, so he may not see your post. Phil is another ex member.
While I am also a kj driver, I'm no mechanic and have paid to get my timing done. My mechanic did a great job on it for me a month ago!
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk