PDA

View Full Version : On the To Do List

Rob&Tanya
27-01-11, 08:36 PM
Found this fun little track yesterday..... didn't have enough clearance or big enough tyres to do it tho :( ... bring on the lift kit and 35's....

marcus
27-01-11, 08:48 PM
nice track where abouts ?

Rob&Tanya
27-01-11, 09:05 PM
Up in the Watagans :)

Hunno
27-01-11, 10:02 PM
Is that the track that goes in from Hue Hue Rd(Wyee end)?

Rob&Tanya
27-01-11, 10:17 PM
errr... we'll get back to you on that, we didn't come up it - we came up to it, then turned right (the other way - which wasn't rutted as deep). Of the 3 of us that were up there - only one could have potentially gotten through it.

Rob&Tanya
27-01-11, 10:31 PM
okies, had to check with our trip leader..... it was Drury Lane, we came along Middle Break to get there

Miraz
28-01-11, 05:22 AM
It's not as hard as it looks - I've run club trips through there in the past....here's a shot of Wolfie driving Wooder's near stock TJ up that section of track

We went up through there last weekend in a Pajero with a 2" lift and 265/70 all terrains without issue

http://www.miraz.com/gallery/d/10704-2/IMGP6085+9.jpg

Steve F
28-01-11, 08:50 AM
Was that the run where Mani was stock? First trip with the club, if its the trip I'm thinking of its a great little spot, all got through quite comfortably with no recoveries (on that track anyway) :)

Cheers
Steve

D.K.
28-01-11, 09:19 AM
Er... thats the track that Veronica tore the front end of her JK axle last January. Havn't seen her posting here since...

Rob&Tanya
28-01-11, 10:31 AM
We could get through 90% of it, but one little section that the ruts were deeply washed out and we kept getting hung up on everything - of the 2 vehicles with us- the Defender got through it, though the stock Hilux tray back couldn't - mind you said Defender also had big muddies which helped and we other 2 still have the stock AT's

TRBN8R
28-01-11, 11:15 AM
Was that the run where Mani was stock? First trip with the club, if its the trip I'm thinking of its a great little spot, all got through quite comfortably with no recoveries (on that track anyway) :)

Cheers
Steve

Yup looks like the one. After u guys left Miraz took up the leaders position and we got home 1'O clock inthe morning. My first trip ever and probably the most memorable one. And probably where Veronica damaged her front end here as well..... I heard she was denied warranty and insurance didnt cover her either....

TRBN8R
28-01-11, 11:21 AM
Tracks are getting worse evrywhere.... I was at ZigZag on tuesday and a couple of climbs that I remember doing with my stock tyres have been eroded to the point that I would o ly attempt them with 35s and lockers.

Steve F
28-01-11, 12:31 PM
Er... thats the track that Veronica tore the front end of her JK axle last January. Havn't seen her posting here since...

Ah Ok, so not the section I'm thinking of where the pic was taken? We did that track (where the pic is) stopped for lunch and I left, it was pretty straightforward up to then.

The attachment shows the worst bit I remember, and it wasn't too bad, I'm on 32's and unlocked in this.

Cheers
Steve

SteveC
28-01-11, 01:15 PM
I'm sure tha'ts the trip we did early last year when Miraz led in starting at the other end and came out where that picture was taken Its the day I snapped my front Propeller shaft and removed it on the track. I liked that track was great with much variety and not tooooo difficult...... out Oh dear..

Hunno
28-01-11, 05:29 PM
I'm sure tha'ts the trip we did early last year when Miraz led in starting at the other end and came out where that picture was taken Its the day I snapped my front Propeller shaft and removed it on the track. I liked that track was great with much variety and not tooooo difficult...... out Oh dear..

Yer that was the same track I was thinking of, where I got hooked up leaving the Servo on to Hue Hue Rd.