PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with service in Concord

nik glynatsis
28-01-11, 10:51 AM
Hree weeks ago my wrangler had a little fit and broke down and against my better judgment I listened to my father and took it for service at concord because he would apparently "take care of me"... Bullsh#t!
The car was there for three weeks and everyday I would ring and ask how it was going and they would always say that it was going well and that it should be done soon. On tuesday that just past I decided to pay my beloved jeep a visit and to my disbelief they hadn't even started on it!!! So effectivly they had been yanking my chain the whole time so I emediately called a tow truck and took it to my personal mechanic and in one day he fixed it and gave it a full service!!! Should have followed my gut in the first place and saved myself the heart ache of being wothout my baby haha!

Dave
28-01-11, 10:50 PM
Really disappointing to hear. I've been getting my KJ diesel serviced there for three years now, and they have always been excellent - better and cheaper than Jeep service.

Dave

nik glynatsis
28-01-11, 11:57 PM
Dave should you ever be in need electrical or mechanical work I thoroughly recomend mastertouch automotive at mortlake they really blew me away.

Dave
29-01-11, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that. I'm in Croydon and get my electrical work done by Sydney Hi Tech Automotive on The Strand. Always been happy with their work. I will keep a note of Mastertouch just in case, but so far so good...

Can I ask what was wrong with your TJ that they didn't fix? You can probably tell I'm a bit blown away by it, they have always sourced parts and done services for me as necessary same day, or at worst next day if parts were coming from Jeep in Melbourne. They have also done a bit of aftermarket work for me too - new exhaust, diff breathers etc, again no problems. I'm sorry that you had such a really bad experience.

Dave

nik glynatsis
29-01-11, 07:13 PM
well originally they told me that the alternator had blown and that it took out some other stuff with it but wen i took it to mastertouch all it was was a few relays that where blown because of some older wiring shorting out..
the bottom line is they had bitten off more than they could handle not saying there bad operators im sure they do what they do very well otherwise they wouldnt be there but i just think its funny that it took them three weeks to diagnose a problem and then be wrong in the end anyway, and i leave it with my mechanic ( not auto electrician) and its sorted and serviced in one day...

Dave
29-01-11, 07:36 PM
Good to know, thanks Nik. I have found with most mechanics - especially Jeep, it helps if you can tell them what is wrong with the vehicle, rather that relying on them to diagnose - which is why I have an auto electrician and a mechanic and a suspension guy... It still was not right to leave you hanging though, and I'm glad that you have a guy you can rely on. I will keep a note of them.

Dave

sfedek
29-01-11, 10:10 PM
Was it that guy on Parramatta Rd?
He is not reall good.
Automaster is where i get my JEEP electricals done.
I am in Concord too.
Eddy

Wolfe
30-01-11, 02:53 AM
Please remember that this is a public forum and in today's litigious society its best to refrain from mentioning an establishment. Whilst I can appreciate your wishes to warn members of possible disreputable business's it best not to do it on a public forum.
It is because of this I have asked a moderator to remove any references to the business in question, I hope you understand and not take our action in a personal manner.
Regards Stuart