PDA

View Full Version : recovery hooks WJ + ARB BAR

Hoppy
28-01-11, 02:36 PM
I'm told the twin eyes under the bar are not recovery points? What have other members done to provide a front rec point that is acceptable for club trips?

Steve F
28-01-11, 02:59 PM
Heaps of people use them as a recovery points (on all sorts of 4WD's) but personally I don't like them, the steel on those eyes is thin there. Maybe grab some pics as it may be possible to reinforce the eyes under the bar and then use a strap between the two for recoveries to help spread the load?

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
28-01-11, 05:44 PM
use a strap between the two for recoveries to help spread the load
Cheers
Steve

I didn't think much of them either, but I use them with a bridle strap which I then thread through the eyelet of the snatch strap. It also allows the strap to pull evenly from any angle.

SteveC
29-01-11, 10:53 AM
Jeep supply a rated hook for both sides (they are different) , which I installed a while back. They fold up if necessary

stevet
29-01-11, 12:43 PM
I didn't think much of them either, but I use them with a bridle strap which I then thread through the eyelet of the snatch strap. It also allows the strap to pull evenly from any angle.
Hunno,
When I got the ARB bar I was told by both ARB via telephone and some weird closed down mob - Sickurban or something , that the eyelets were individually rated for recovery and so I used them as such for recovering numerous times and sometimes rested the ZJ on them without any hassles.....................