PDA

View Full Version : Awesome wheelin FUN - Colo

Hunty
31-01-11, 11:07 PM
I had a great day out wheelin yesterday and have pretty much decided I will run a SJC trip there soon.

Plenty of great opportunity to test your heap and your driving skills
most of the difficult track bits have 3 options chicken, B & A grade challenges
failrly close to Sydney - the turn off is just 10 min from Richmond Maccas
the trail crosses several times over the river - great to get those big splash pics
good mix of slippery stuff and rocks
can you tell I'm a bit excited about this trail?

I realise this post doesn't really conform to the SJC std but if there is any interest i will post up a proper trip invite soon!

So heres my question / poll

Who might be interested in a run on a Thursday Late Arvo - leave Richmond maccas @ 6pm do the whole trail in the daylight (2.5hrs) and return in the glow of sunset / night trail

Post up people - tell me im crazy if thats what you think! - lol
cheers Hunty
ps
see attached pootrol rescue for a glimpse of the trail
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/th_nissanwinchhunty.jpg (http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/?action=view&current=nissanwinchhunty.mp4)

Hunno
01-02-11, 08:19 AM
As soon as the heep is back on the road(Hoping Friday week) & shifts line up I'm in.

D.K.
01-02-11, 09:10 AM
Count me in, thats close for me.

TRBN8R
01-02-11, 09:34 AM
I have this thursday off.... Count me in if going this thursday.... I will be opting for chicken tracks as i cant afford to break anything courtesy overspending at Christmas holidays....

marcus
01-02-11, 09:41 AM
that is a great track i have done it a couple of times great views from the end where u turn around

jk1978
01-02-11, 10:24 AM
If its this thrusday i am in

khalak
01-02-11, 12:50 PM
I can make a Thursday arvo @ 6, or, any arvo @ 6 really :)

Greg D
01-02-11, 02:16 PM
I'm keen if I am in Sydney.

sbadman
01-02-11, 06:14 PM
Close, I like close. And I can do evenings if I choose, home by 2100 wouldn't upset the 4:30am wake up too much :)

D.K.
02-02-11, 09:18 AM
Is this the "wheeny Creek" track, that finishes at a small lookout over the upper colo, y'know the one with the sizable rock step near the end which incidentally has increased in depth in the last year? Probably it isnt, because the trail doesn't cross "several times over the river" as Hunty describes.
If it is, its just worth considering that a 6 pm kick off from Richmond Maccas would mean you would only reach the start of the track proper at around 7pm. A conservative estimate under daylight conditions would be two and a half hours to the end of the track, assuming no mishaps.
Then another hour and a half to return down the track, again in daylight conditions. These are times i have experienced with a small group number in daylight hours - Just pointing out this would be essentially a night drive and depending on vehicles a get off the track time around midnight. :D

PS Cabbage Tree Rd, Nth Richmond, used to be a good one but last time i was there it had been gated,courtesy of NPWS.

Cheers

Dave

Hunty
02-02-11, 09:55 AM
Thanx Dave for posting up!
You are right on - regarding the track that I have chosen.

Perhaps I did underestimate the total time to complete the run with say 15 jeeps in convoy.

So I will go back and do it again and pay particular attention to distances and time before I actually post up the trip!
Thanx mate for the sanity check.
cheers Hunty

sfedek
14-02-11, 04:08 PM
Thanx Dave for posting up!
You are right on - regarding the track that I have chosen.

Perhaps I did underestimate the total time to complete the run with say 15 jeeps in convoy.

So I will go back and do it again and pay particular attention to distances and time before I actually post up the trip!
Thanx mate for the sanity check.
cheers Hunty

Hunty could you let me know when you are thinking of going up again to do it.
I would love to come along.
Eddy