PDA

View Full Version : XJ Electric fan conversion

Steve F
31-01-11, 11:18 PM
So I've been considering replacing the clutch fan with a 16" electric fan, a quick look on ebay found me this.

Ebay Fan (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HIGH-PERFORMANCE-16-INCH-THERMO-FAN-kit-electric-fan-/220706157762?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33631cb4c2)

2750CFM, skinny, 3 year warranty etc and leave enough room to keep the pulley and bolts to stick the factory fan back on if its a problem. Anyway, for the price and the stats it seems like a real deal. Cant wait to give it a go.

Cheers
Steve

5teve
11-02-11, 07:18 PM
hi Steve
i had fan that looks exactly like this. it had same specifications . yes it is skinny but airflow is nowhere near 2750CFM. 14 in factory fan was pulling 2x maybe 3x more air. i had to replace it with different one.
stefan

Steve F
11-02-11, 07:46 PM
Yep, I tested it off the jeep and it was average to say the least, I kept the factory one with a new fan clutch and its working really well today in 38 degree heat in sydney peak hour like traffic it ran at around 97-99 so happy with the current setup.

Cheers
Steve

sfedek
11-02-11, 09:03 PM
Steve, let me know if you would like to try a double fan set up between the grille & the core?
I have two that fit perfectly. You can try them & go from there.
Eddy

Steve F
11-02-11, 09:06 PM
Steve, let me know if you would like to try a double fan set up between the grille & the core?
I have two that fit perfectly. You can try them & go from there.
Eddy

Always interested :) Bring them along to a meeting or something as I'd been keen to have a look on how they might fit.

Cheers
Steve

sfedek
11-02-11, 09:25 PM
Always interested :) Bring them along to a meeting or something as I'd been keen to have a look on how they might fit.

Cheers
Steve

Ok Steve.
Eddy