PDA

View Full Version : City Cruise - 26th Feb

BenC
23-02-05, 11:10 AM
OK I haven't had anyone contact me about this one yet. So who's interested in going?

Some possible spots to cruise around are Bondi Beach, Harry's, George Street, The Rocks. Open to any suggestions on the night depending on who goes and what's happening.

Any takers? We really need 5+ vehicles to make this fun :)

Cpage66
23-02-05, 06:29 PM
I'd be interested in doing a few laps around town... :twisted:

billsta
23-02-05, 09:30 PM
IM IN...
HAVE WE DECIDED WHERE WE DRIVING YET?

chrispy
24-02-05, 07:08 AM
IM IN...
HAVE WE DECIDED WHERE WE DRIVING YET?

What about getting Bob Carr to close down the Harbour Bridge, and we could all "race" across at 90kmh?

BenC
24-02-05, 09:05 AM
Nah haven't decided yet Bill. I'm open to any suggestions.

It should be the first opportunity for me to drive my Jeep on the road again!

sir_camel
24-02-05, 02:48 PM
I'm a possible starter

TheBeast
24-02-05, 08:16 PM
I,m in on this one 8)

billsta
24-02-05, 08:34 PM
have a mate that might come along in his aTJ..

maybe we shoudl park our jeeps on the bridge and wait till flabber gets there, we might get some TV coverage :mrgreen:

GMAN
25-02-05, 10:40 AM
i'm in for this one...
can we get some details like meeting time place etc :?:

BenC
25-02-05, 12:11 PM
Meeting time - 7:00pm
Meeting location - Parramatta Park would be a good one? Does anyone else have any suggestions? If not, Parramatta Park it is.

TheBeast
25-02-05, 12:20 PM
Sounds OK, dinner is at Harrys Cafe right :D

GMAN
25-02-05, 02:30 PM
yeah sounds good parramatta park just once you get in off Pitt St!

And yeah harrys hmmmm.... :lol:

BenC
25-02-05, 02:35 PM
Rightio.

Parramatta Park it is.. Meeting at 7.00pm for 7.20pm departure.
UHF Channel 15 will be the comms channel
Cruise in the city, probably hit Bondi Beach first, then come back and cruise around the city a bit, stop at Harry's for dinner, and wherever people want to go from there.

Sounds like there are at least 5 or 6 vehicles going, so should be fun.

Hunter
25-02-05, 03:17 PM
I will be in this one too :!: :P
So how many colors do we have now? Can we make a street rainbow somehow? :wink:

BenC
25-02-05, 03:21 PM
We have..

maddog (multi coloured ORI beast) (maybe)
Chris (Silver WJ)
Billsta (Maroon WJ)
Mark camel (Army TJ)
George (Blue TJ)
Billsta's Mate (Mysterious TJ)
GMAN (???)
Hunter (Yellow TJ)

BenC
25-02-05, 03:37 PM
Ok I'm out of this. But you guys should still go. Who wants to nominate themself as the new trip leader?

The asshole who's had my new axles for the past 2 weeks called today and advised that he's FINALLY taken the axles out of the box (after assuring us that he'd started machining them at least 3 times) and realised they won't fit in his mil! So now I have to go pick them up on Monday and take them to another place to get it done. I've got a mind to break his kneecaps while I'm there.

GMAN
25-02-05, 04:03 PM
damn.... thats bad luck but i hate it when your paying someone to do a job for you and they take there sweet ass time as if they were doing you a f*ck*ng favour! anyhow my TJ is Navy Blue!

Cpage66
25-02-05, 06:14 PM
Ben,
What are ya'll having done? The splines rolled in and what else? And do you have somebody else yet?

FeD
25-02-05, 07:00 PM
We have..

maddog (multi coloured ORI beast) (maybe)
Chris (Silver WJ)
Billsta (Maroon WJ)
Mark camel (Army TJ)
George (Blue TJ)
Billsta's Mate (Mysterious TJ)
GMAN (???)
Hunter (Yellow TJ)

WAT 8O ! no black jeeps....thats just not right :D

Wiz and I are up for this.......

Bring back the memories of the younger days (like we are sold old :lol: ) cruising into town in the alfa on a saturday night for harrys then through the x then onto bondi beach.....RIP the alfa :cry: , soon to rise from the dead.......but not if the Jeep has anything to do with it :twisted:

c you guys @ 7.00.........

rach :wink:

sir_camel
26-02-05, 12:40 AM
I will meet in the city i think. Am living in Mosman now and its a bit of a trek out to Parra and then to come back in again.

billsta
26-02-05, 12:53 AM
ok. whos meeting at parramatta?

some people want to meet in the city.. so we'll see..

PM me your Mobile number if i dont have it already and i will contact you during the day for finer detail

think the gate closes at 6pm at parramatta park, so we might meet some near pitt & macquarie street entry gate..
http://210.10.49.162/albums/billsta/map.jpg

than we will go from there

nothing else changes, meeting time are as set, route will be decided as we go

cheers

sir_camel
26-02-05, 09:24 AM
Bill, gimme a call when you leave from Parramatta when you know where you are going.

billsta
26-02-05, 03:41 PM
Chris (Silver WJ)
Billsta (Maroon WJ)
Mark camel (Army TJ)
George (Blue TJ)
Steve, Billsta's Mate (RED TJ)
GMAN (Navy Blue)
Hunter (Yellow TJ)
WIZ & Rach (black TJ)

maddog - scratched

TheBeast
27-02-05, 11:22 AM
Well, thanks for a great night Guys & Girls, pitty about Harrys though :!:

Next time we'll do a day time run and hit Harrys for lunch, not so many POLICE around then 8)

Thank again.

billsta
27-02-05, 11:56 AM
ok..
day run to harrys for an late lunch/early dinner then to the drive-in?
maybe..
but what do i know...

BenC
27-02-05, 05:16 PM
How'd it go guys?

sir_camel
27-02-05, 06:18 PM
Was a great night.

After meeting everyone (6 Jeeps) at Parra Park we cruised down to Homebush to get some poser shots with the stadium. We got moved along by a security guard but he was a good bloke and was cool with it all. Then down Parramatta Rd to Norton St where our thunder was literally stolen by first a few harleys then by a Ferarri 550 Convertible. Then onto Star City and George St. The Rocks next and then to Mrs Macquaries Chair. Here we got a tip off from Bill's mate Steve that the cops were defecting people at Harry's at Woolloomoolloo. So then we went to Bondi for dinner. A great night had by all. Oh we finsihed off under Harbour Bridge at Milsons Point.

billsta
27-02-05, 06:33 PM
didnt realise we went to so much land marks,,,

Cpage66
27-02-05, 07:31 PM
Just got finished looking at the pics Pela took...Only good one was the one I took of the bridge at the end after I reset the camera up for night work. (Me earlier in the evening..."You sure you have the camera set up?" She "Yes" *rolls eyes at obviously stupid husband*) So the pics are all blurry and not too great.

FeD
27-02-05, 07:34 PM
How'd it go guys?

definately was a great night cruising......

we left Parra Park less one car that said would show , GMAN ... sorry if you did show , but we waited longer than we should have ... with Wiz standing at the gates waving at all the jeeps that drove past, even if they were not associated with the SJC cruise .... :roll: ... :lol:

i am disappointed in not having Harry's for dinner... but hey was happy to give up dinner at Harry's for any possible grief given by the cops at wooly-moo, but then again I probably would have preffered maybe the grief at Harry's than deal with the skanky crowd at Bondi.

we turned many heads and heard many comments....such as the car full of young girls next to us yelling ....."we want your car!"

Camel almost decapitated a pizza delivery guy on a scooter ..... Camel had a car of guys pull up next to him at the lights asking with excitement "is this a jeep cruise?" when the delivery guy decided to lane split as Camel stuck his head out of the window and nearly knocked his block off....

all the years we have ever been cruising into the city on a weekend night ... (RIP Alfa GTV) I have never seen the city from the North side at night and it was just an awesome view from Milson's Point 8O

Thanks to all that came and thanks Billy for being our trip tour guide :mrgreen:

I know 2 of you had cameras *cough* Chris & George :lol: there should be some awesome photos at olympic park and milsons point, so when your ready :wink:

thanks again and look forward to the afternoon cruise to Harry's ....

Rach :wink:

FeD
27-02-05, 07:40 PM
hey Mr WebMaster,

Can you please add a delete function, so when stupid ppl like me post 3 times, while correcting spelling and grammar , can delete the multiple posts....

thanks, Rach :oops:

Cpage66
27-02-05, 07:54 PM
http://210.10.49.162/albums/SJC%40_CITY_CRUISE_26-02-05/PICT0095.jpg

The one pic I took...

TheBeast
28-02-05, 02:35 PM
:arrow: I know 2 of you had cameras *cough* Chris & George there should be some awesome photos at olympic park and milsons point, so when your ready

Yes I got some pics but we all will have to wait as we have yet to upgrade to digital :cry: so when we develop them I will scan them into the system :lol:

This is a great shot of the bridge Mrs Chris :wink:

billsta
01-03-05, 11:17 PM
hey Mr WebMaster,

Can you please add a delete function, so when stupid ppl like me post 3 times, while correcting spelling and grammar , can delete the multiple posts....

thanks, Rach :oops:

multipost deleted...
i can teach you how to use the internet next time.. ok :mrgreen:

how come no one talked to me dont people like me..
oh.. :mrggreen:

FeD
02-03-05, 08:14 AM
multipost deleted...
i can teach you how to use the internet next time.. ok :mrgreen:

thankyou billy :wink:

how come no one talked to me dont people like me..
oh.. :mrggreen:

they were scared of you bill :twisted:

GMAN
03-03-05, 01:34 PM
sorry guys i was on my way down and got a phone call my brother was invovled in an accident but he's ok