PDA

View Full Version : Camping equipment

Steven
19-02-11, 04:10 AM
Hi !

I'm arriving in oz very soon (2nd of march) and I was wondering where I can buy camping equipment in the Sydney area, including a roof top tent. I don't seem to be able to find a lot online, so I thought maybe you can help me out?

thnx!
Steven

glend
19-02-11, 08:14 AM
You can buy camping equipment from the big category killer type outlets like Anaconda, or BCF, or Ray's Outdoors. They all have large stores in the Lidcombe /AUburn area which are easy to get around to all three in short time as they are close together on Parrmatta Road. For the roof-top tent, they usually are things that need to be ordered because they are large, and not sold by the camping stores mentioned above. Powerful 4x4 on Liverpool Road at Lansvale sell them and they used to have one on display. There are several ebay sellers with roof top tents. A couple of people in this club have the roof top tents and they will probably have some advice for you.

Where are you arriving from?

Cheers

Maggie
19-02-11, 09:25 AM
You can buy camping equipment from the big category killer type outlets like Anaconda, or BCF, or Ray's Outdoors. They all have large stores in the Lidcombe /AUburn area which are easy to get around to all three in short time as they are close together on Parrmatta Road. For the roof-top tent, they usually are things that need to be ordered because they are large, and not sold by the camping stores mentioned above. Powerful 4x4 on Liverpool Road at Lansvale sell them and they used to have one on display. There are several ebay sellers with roof top tents. A couple of people in this club have the roof top tents and they will probably have some advice for you.

Where are you arriving from?

Cheers

I saw a nice roof top tent at ARB Wentworthville as well, no idea of cost but I have also seen them on Ebay

Maggie.

Steve F
19-02-11, 11:05 AM
I've got an ebay one, great quality and a lot cheaper than an ARB tent. It is exactly the same as the ARB Simpson II, made in the same factory etc as well :)

Cheers
Steve

Steven
20-02-11, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll start checking out ebay.
@ glend: I'm from Belgium, most likely one of the most idiotic countries ever.