PDA

View Full Version : Swaybar disconnects

bradleyfutter
20-02-11, 09:04 PM
Hi All,

Finally got around to installing some swaybar disconnects from wooders this arvo, but a little confused as to what to do with it all once its disconnected? Do people ziplock them up and out the way, if so, what do you zip them up to? or is there another simple way im not thinking of...?

Thanks,
Brad

Hunno
20-02-11, 10:07 PM
They should have come with spare pins that you bolt up inside the wheel arch, then the sway bar links swing up & slip onto them & us the locking clips to hold them in place.

bradleyfutter
20-02-11, 10:42 PM
i assume it means drilling new holes to bolt this second pin holder? now i understand why it came with two, 1 pair short, 1 pair long...

Only issue is drilling makes me nervous !!!

Hunno
20-02-11, 11:44 PM
I justscrewed on to bolt that where already there. With out going outside I don't remember what they are for but enough thread left to screw them on.

stevet
21-02-11, 12:56 AM
I had the upper retaining bullet pin's bolt tac welded to the mount point then just screwed the bullet pin on. When I used the existing holes already there on the ZJ, they the bullet pins were ripped off x2............

SKIZZI
22-02-11, 08:22 PM
Just a quick question while we are on the topic. Is there anything to gain by disconnecting both front and rear sway bars when off road? I always disconnect the front but just wondering if people are disconnecting the rear as well.

Miraz
22-02-11, 10:14 PM
Just a quick question while we are on the topic. Is there anything to gain by disconnecting both front and rear sway bars when off road? I always disconnect the front but just wondering if people are disconnecting the rear as well.

Depends on the vehicle, but on the JK I found it made the vehicle less stable offroad....best to leave it connected, if you want more flex in the rear then consider a softer rear sway bar like an anti-rock.