CalendarClub Calendar

Wheeny Creek

Where - Wheeny Creek - Upper Colo,
Meet - Richmond MacDonalds,
Time - 8.00a.m,
Depart - 8.15ish a.m,
Grade - "B" playing safe folk's as I have been there x1 before some time ago,
There are steps/ledges to negotiate so some form of rail protection is advised,
Bring/Have - Recovery points F/Rear, own recovery gear, CB, food/drink of choice, camera/video as there is a lookout at the end of the track,
No. of Jeeps - Limited to 10 only including trip leader,
***Have been advised that at least an 2/3inch lift is advisable & decent tyres***
Financial clubs members have first attendence privilages..........
Further info contact - Stephen T. Mob No. 0421-707903. Attending- 1 Stephen T.,
2.- Dave K.,
3- Hunno,**Out**
4- memfis
5- SKIZZI
6- Eddy**Out**
7- Sandy**Out**
8- Bert,
9- Tony R.,
10 Ben.
Reserves -- Jason,**In**
Jose.**IN** **OUT**
Ian C.**IN**;
kiwi kev **In**
jbrad - ?? What are you driving??
Steve C.-?? Are you fixed??

**** This run may be cancelled if rain developes Friday/Saturday due to the changing nature/difficulty of the track & the club's "Tread Lightly" philosophy****
--- Please keep an eye this run --- Stephen T.
*** This run has been "Cancelled" due to the weather-- rain,****

D.K.
05-03-11, 05:03 PM
Count me in please.

Hunno
05-03-11, 06:17 PM
YEP me too

memfis
05-03-11, 09:24 PM
Count me in please

SKIZZI
05-03-11, 09:38 PM
In please!!!

sfedek
05-03-11, 10:07 PM
I would like to go on this one but am not 100% if i can make it.
Will know during the week for sure. So put me down for now if you could Steve.
Eddy

jk1978
06-03-11, 09:36 AM
Steve t count me in

bert-a
06-03-11, 11:48 PM
Steve, please count me in.

*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

CalendarClub Calendar

Wheeny Creek

Where - Wheeny Creek - Upper Colo,
Meet - Richmond MacDonalds,
Time - 8.00a.m,
Depart - 8.15ish a.m,
Grade - "B" playing safe folk's as I have been there x1 before some time ago,
There are steps/ledges to negotiate so some form of rail protection is advised,
Bring/Have - Recovery points F/Rear, own recovery gear, CB, food/drink of choice, camera/video as there is a lookout at the end of the track,
No. of Jeeps - Limited to 10 only including trip leader,
Financial clubs members have first attendence privilages..........
Further info contact - Stephen T. Mob No. 0421-707903. Attending- 1 Stephen T.,
2.- Dave K.,
3- Hunno,
4- memfis
5- SKIZZI
6- Eddy
7- Sandy,
8- Bert,
9- Tony R.,
10- Ben.
Reserves --

tonysrich
07-03-11, 10:05 AM
Could you put me down for this trip please

MOP44R
07-03-11, 10:12 AM
Im in too, like to know more about this place..

Hunty
07-03-11, 09:13 PM
Hunty, I am running a trip there shortly, so what is the track currently like eg, grading, lifts needed/not needed, lifts?, rock rails, whether 1 or 2 lockers advisable or anything else relevent to the track, bi-pass's etc......................... Cheers,
Stephen T.

Hi Mate
I was filming up at Bilpin yesterday and went exploring with a mate (TJ) in a Jeep and was totally surprised that we ended up on the Wheeny creek run - well as far as grade goes - heres my 2c;

I give it a "B+" My jeep JK is lifted, locked and on 33's and I make it comfortably - so I would recommend 2" of lift and minimum 31's and its possible you still might on 1 or 2 of the challenges need a little assistance - I would expect no vehicle damage if driven slowly and carefully with the use of experienced spotter where applicable! - I think it is an excellent run for newbies (with appropriate vehicles) - it will demonstrate very well the importance of choosing the correct lines and being patient.

Re rock rails and rock sliders -- JK's not required unless you take the "Hunno" approach and the hardest possible line!
Re rock rails and rock sliders -- TJ's due to their design and prone bodywork especially just in front of the rear wheels I recommend protection!
I ran 15psi on my MTZ muddies to get maximum traction and I recommend low tyre pressures for the entire run.

Track condition is good and and there are no significant washouts or changes to the track I drove yesterday compared to late last year.

I think guys like pura vida could do it in a stock tj - but he amazes me no matter where we go!
If you care little for your Heap.... i mean jeep you could probable do it in a std rig - but you will struggle and scape and probably need a snatch or winch up occasionally

Overall - I love this track - plenty of opportunity to polish your skills and test your Jeep - I hope you guyz have a great time and i am sorry i can't join in - Mrs and I both have to work!:(

FYI the return trip from McDonalds Richmond to wheeny creek ( inc running the whole track) and back is less than 100km's

Cheers Hunty

jbrad
07-03-11, 10:49 PM
Count me in Steve, don't want to miss out. I don't have sliders, though they will come in time. Otherwise - "Locked, rasied and rubbered". Maybe that should be my new signature, eh. Jason

Dieselcon
07-03-11, 11:03 PM
Place sounds real nice. count me in please... Hope to have jeep back by then. Still no word on what is wrong with my heap.

Hunno
08-03-11, 07:32 PM
Re rock rails and rock sliders -- JK's not required unless you take the "Hunno" approach and the hardest possible line!
Cheers Hunty

If you don't try you don't learn lol.

Hunty
09-03-11, 01:28 PM
If you don't try you don't learn lol.

Dear Hunno
You are a 4x4 legend - i love how your prepared to give "anything" a go
Wish i was going to be there to see the fun!

Hunno
09-03-11, 03:37 PM
Dear Hunno
You are a 4x4 legend - i love how your prepared to give "anything" a go
Wish i was going to be there to see the fun!
Sh*t Stirrer

Hunty
09-03-11, 03:57 PM
Sh*t Stirrer

Indeed I am!
perhaps I should edit my post and replace the word Fun with the word Carnage! lol - or Jeepage! lol

Hunno
09-03-11, 05:15 PM
Indeed I am!
perhaps I should edit my post and replace the word Fun with the word Carnage! lol - or Jeepage! lol

I've had more Electrical problems than carnage

ian C
09-03-11, 05:21 PM
Steve, can i get on a reserve list please.

stevet
14-03-11, 07:44 PM
**** Bump **** Please see trip entry update.................... Stephen T.

ian C
16-03-11, 10:04 AM
Steve, is a second group possible here? i'm gagging for some dirt time, it's keeping me awake at night and an ugly rash is forming...

TRBN8R
16-03-11, 10:10 AM
Steve, is a second group possible here? i'm gagging for some dirt time, it's keeping me awake at night and an ugly rash is forming...

Hey Mate

Did u end up buying Nino's Jeep???

ian C
16-03-11, 11:01 AM
Yeah, in the garage now getting tooled up.

TRBN8R
16-03-11, 11:44 AM
Nice! its a really nice looking and great sounding rig with a lot work done to it. U r gonna love driving it..... Hope 2 c ya at Lake Lyle......

stevet
16-03-11, 05:26 PM
Sorry Ian. Been told that others take 8 only as it is a narrow track etc, but there may be other drop outs before Sunday. Better get some type of soothing cream for that "rash" before then.:o....;D.........:).........:).

Wolfe
16-03-11, 06:19 PM
I'd like to come also ................................

But i'm working sunday $#%#^%&@

ian C
16-03-11, 06:21 PM
OK, thought we may be able to split into 2 smaller groups to make travel easier and get everyone a start. I'll keep looking.

D.K.
16-03-11, 07:19 PM
OK, thought we may be able to split into 2 smaller groups to make travel easier and get everyone a start. I'll keep looking.

wont help ... tis a one way track.... double the fun ... turn around at the end and head back down8)

Dieselcon
16-03-11, 09:05 PM
Sorry I'm out..... Bugger

Next time . Have fun guys

jbrad
16-03-11, 09:34 PM
Steve, take me off the reserve list and bump someone else up. I won't have side protection on before then so I'll stay at home for a mainenance weekend. Have fun guys, I'll be thinking about you all. Come on Sliders. Still have not worked out what ones to go for. Rugged ridge have a great set of sliders, but then the step sliders taht they make seem considerably lower in profile. Decisions decisions. I need to see someone who has them.

Hunno
16-03-11, 10:09 PM
Yer I'm out too, still haven't repaired the auto & have to be at work by 1600hrs anyway.

jk1978
17-03-11, 08:11 AM
Sorry guys i am out busy with kids this weekend

kiwi kev
17-03-11, 04:14 PM
if there is any space, count me in also , thanks

stevet
18-03-11, 02:32 PM
if there is any space, count me in also , thanks
** IN, see you Sunday...................

stevet
19-03-11, 03:34 PM
***** This run has been Cancelled due to the rain which would make the track very difficult, plus we advoid possible track damage*****
Stephen T.

SKIZZI
19-03-11, 03:37 PM
Bummer. I was realy looking forward to this.

Hunno
19-03-11, 05:54 PM
***** This run has been Cancelled due to the rain which would make the track very difficult, plus we advoid possible track damage*****
Stephen T.

Fair Call Steve the rain keeps getting heavier out here. As much as I love 4wding I need the rain to fill my tanks as I was going to have to buy water on Monday.

D.K.
19-03-11, 05:57 PM
Good call Steve, the track is getting chewed out in a couple of places due to its popularity.

memfis
19-03-11, 08:14 PM
bummer i was looking forwood to it now i have to tell the kids hop we can go anather day count me in if relisted thanks

MOP44R
19-03-11, 09:22 PM
Yep was looking forward to it too, but had a HUGE night out last night and wouldnt of been very healthy anyway... But looking forward to rescheduled trip, count me in straight away Steve...

Cheers

Ben

Wolfe
19-03-11, 11:28 PM
Can we reschedule, I like to be added to list.

Steve F
19-03-11, 11:55 PM
I'm keen as well dependent on the date so if there is a new list add me :)

Cheers
Steve

SKIZZI
20-03-11, 12:43 AM
yep in reschedule :) how about April 16/17

Hunty
20-03-11, 09:27 AM
Jax & I are in for the re schedule

Mac
20-03-11, 11:15 AM
It would be fun in rain, but it's good you respect track. I did it on thursday with stock suspension and tyres but couldn't get up last rock step. Think I need to join you guys for next meet and great. Cheers Cam.

Hunno
20-03-11, 11:30 AM

Thats the date I was toying with.

Saturday is my preferred day for trips as It give allowance in time for miss haps.

stevet
20-03-11, 02:29 PM
Wow,
We would have maybe just turning around to head back if the trip was on............ By the response so far, looks like a Saturday run then followed by a Sunday run on the same weekend (?? camp over at Colo Reserve??).
http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SKIZZI http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?p=23218)
It May have to be a bit sooner but will post up dates shortly/later/closer/whatever when I know??
Stephen T.
See everyone next weekend....................

ian C
20-03-11, 09:30 PM
Count me in for the reschedule, please.

sfedek
20-03-11, 09:47 PM
Love to try again with this trip. April 16th & 17th are the only two i cannot make it for. Dam. Never mind.
There will be another.
Eddy

SKIZZI
22-03-11, 06:32 PM
I'm going nuts watching jeeps wheeling on you tube :-/

Dieselcon
22-03-11, 11:47 PM
I'm going nuts watching jeeps wheeling on you tube :-/

I understand... Me to.

memfis
02-04-11, 08:16 PM
is anyone going up on saturday the 16/04 as i wood like to go out and have some fun. my boy wants to go 4wd for his birthday

SKIZZI
02-04-11, 10:01 PM
I'm interested