PDA

View Full Version : JK Height and carparks

Reszo
27-03-11, 11:59 PM
Anyone with 2" lift and 35" tires succesfully navigating Chatswood shopping car parks? (Westfield and Chase) Hoping to combine a minor lift, guard cutting/flat fenders and possibly set of 2nd hand wheels/tires on the Jeep, but it still needs to fit into the car park (its my wifes DD)

She also frequents Top Ryde, Maquarie and Birkenhead point, but the Chatswood centres are critical.

Cannot afford to run two sets of wheels/tires as the existing tires need replacing already.
Anyone with 2" lift and 35" tires succesfully navigating Chatswood shopping car parks? (Westfield and Chase) Hoping to combine a minor lift, guard cutting/flat fenders and possibly set of 2nd hand wheels/tires on the Jeep, but it still needs to fit into the car park (its my wifes DD)

She also frequents Top Ryde, Maquarie and Birkenhead point, but the Chatswood centres are critical.

Cannot afford to run two sets of wheels/tires as the existing tires need replacing already.

Thoughts / Comments welcome.

Thanks

TRBN8R
28-03-11, 08:18 AM
Hey Mate,

Stock height with soft top is 1865mm. 2 inch lift is more like a 3 inch (76.2mm) to start with and then it settles down. and 35 inch tyres are 1.77(44.95mm) inch taller than stock 245/75/17. So 1865+76.2+44.95= 1986.25 or 1.99m. Typical carpark height is 1.9m (pretty low), 2.0m and 2.1m... So have a look at the entry of the car park and u will see height markers telling you how high vehicle is safe to enter. I have been to Hornsby and Top Ryde with 2 inch and 33s and had no problems at all..... Most probably there should be no probs with 35s either.... only place where I had to return was one perticular parking in Westmead Hospital......

Mani

Miraz
28-03-11, 10:41 AM
I fit into most of those car parks with 37's and a 3-4" lift...around 2m tall.

MOP44R
28-03-11, 12:49 PM

Thoughts / Comments welcome.

Thanks

I have 2" lift and 35's currently and basically get in all carparks, but for piece of mind measure you Jeep and make sure but in NSW there arent too many carparks under 1.85m which my fits under.

SteveC
28-03-11, 06:19 PM
Enter Chatswood Lemongrove shops and go straight to the top via a ramp via a side entrance opposite the school

Reszo
29-03-11, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the responses guys - I have done the 'math' and it seems that I am looking at about 2m height all up that should technically restrict me from entering many of the Sydney car parks, but I had heard that many people do make it in.

Now to spend some money... :)

SKIZZI
29-03-11, 01:57 AM
i can confirm i got into chatswood westfield car park 2.0M with 34s and 4 inches of lift. i cant any more with 37s and 6inces of lift. I just make it into 2.1M clearence car parks.

this is with the hard top which is a little shorter. Geoff i would have sworn your jeep sat higher than mine. when im in chatswood I park in the open car park near the police station

reyzor
29-03-11, 08:46 AM
gees, parking your ride near the cop shop would be like dangling a carrot infront of them wouldnt it?

Miraz
29-03-11, 09:32 AM
I park every day in a 2.0m high car park in the Cbd....if you don't fit then you must be taller!

TRBN8R
29-03-11, 10:09 AM
Not sure but in theory true 35s with a 3 ich lift with soft top should add upto 1.99m......

SKIZZI
29-03-11, 11:12 AM
gees, parking your ride near the cop shop would be like dangling a carrot infront of them wouldnt it?

The normal cops don't care too much. They are more likely to target go-fast cars than trucks. Most don't even look back as I drive past. The car is quiet and I drive "slow" and doesn't get too much attention. I don't go "cruising" which I think are the groups they target most.

reyzor
30-03-11, 10:19 AM
but crusing is where its at :P